Scary

Started by josephpalazzo, March 23, 2014, 10:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on March 23, 2014, 10:15:54 AM
We Live In A World Where Rush Limbaugh Might Win A Children's Book Award

Yep, you read that right?!??

OK so:

the finalists were chosen only by their "performances on the bestseller lists," and that kids' votes will ultimately decide the winners.

What's happening is that grownups watching FOX news are buying this book (probably mostly for themselves).  I doubt that children are begging their parents to buy them this.  It hardly compares to Harry Potter.

Solitary

:eek: :trunksthing: Well at least he is writing at his and his followers level of intelligence. Then again, maybe not.  :biggrin2: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Solitary on March 23, 2014, 11:13:34 AM
:eek: :trunksthing: Well at least he is writing at his and his followers level of intelligence. Then again, maybe not.  :biggrin2: Solitary

Whose level, the children or their parents?

stromboli

Shel Silverstein wrote and did cartoons for Playboy. He also wrote children's books and won awards for them.

the_antithesis

QuoteRush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: Time-Travel Adventures with Exceptional Americans

Nationally syndicated radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh has long wanted to make American history come to life for the children of his listeners, so he created the character of a fearless middle-school history teacher named Rush Revere, who travels back in time and experiences American history as it happens, in adventures with exceptional Americans. In this book, he is transported back to the deck of the Mayflower.

This sounds more like a joke than a real thing. I mean, seriously?  Never mind the ego to cast himself as the main character. But this is like when christians try to get their kids more interested in the bible instead of Pokemon but seem to think that the virtue that it is from the bible is enough to make it interesting. It isn't. The bible is boring. Jesus is boring. Even to christians it is boring. They only call it the "greatest story ever told" because of that movie and because they think they'll benefit from it when they get to live forever after they die.

So, "exceptional Americans?" Really? This guy takes self-parody to a new level.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on March 23, 2014, 03:04:26 PM
Shel Silverstein wrote and did cartoons for Playboy. He also wrote children's books and won awards for them.

I fail to see the connection with Limbaugh. What am I missing?

Jason78

Don't you americans have laws against the abuse of children?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

stromboli

Quote from: josephpalazzo on March 23, 2014, 03:17:18 PM
I fail to see the connection with Limbaugh. What am I missing?

No connection, I'm just pointing out that unexpected people write children's books.

Solitary

Quote from: josephpalazzo on March 23, 2014, 12:48:18 PM
Whose level, the children or their parents?

Is there any difference? Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: josephpalazzo on March 23, 2014, 10:15:54 AM
We Live In A World Where Rush Limbaugh Might Win A Children's Book Award

Yep, you read that right?!??
I've seen weirder things happen. Did you know Fox airs a remake of cosmos?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Solitary on March 24, 2014, 10:57:58 PM
Is there any difference? Solitary
Usually the children are smarter than their parents.