News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fred Phelps Is Dead

Started by The Skeletal Atheist, March 20, 2014, 01:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 20, 2014, 04:56:36 PM
Lol the thread. Who is this Fred Phelps hated this much? The only Phelps I know is Micheal Phelps.
He was the founder of Westboro Baptist Church. Him and his group ran around protesting funerals (mainly soldier funerals, but also victims of hate crimes and mass shootings) with signs like "God Hates Fags" and "God Sent The Shooter" and such. They preached that every single tragedy in the world was the result of people accepting gay people and disobeying God in general, but mainly gay people. They praised every single tragedy as God's work. They will likely continue without him, but from what I heard more of the younger ones born into the church are defecting.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Solitary

I hope he just ceases to exist, he has suffered enough with his intolerance, fear, hatred, ignorance, and such a miserable life. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 20, 2014, 05:22:21 PM
Oh wow. Atheon take me with you, I suddenly need to pee and shit like an elephant.
That's gonna be a long flight from Turkey trying to hold it all. I hope you don't hit bad turbulence. (or Fred Phelps on flight 370!)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

StupidWiz

I love that FB post of yours TSA.  :biggrin:
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

_Xenu_

For some strange reason, there wont be a funeral. Now I wonder why...
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: _Xenu_ on March 20, 2014, 08:45:16 PM

They better not plan on having a grave either. It's nice. The options are no grave or a grave that's constantly vandalized. Honestly I hope that there is no grave for him. Bury him in an unmarked grave, let his memory fade into nothing. It's what he deserves.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

gussy

"I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction." Clarence Darrow

Lao Tou

Why do I imagine hearing munchkins singing "Ding dong the witch is dead..." Does this mean that "god" hates bigots? I'm not sure I want to wait in that epic long line to piss on his grave, so I'll just whiz out the back door in solidarity. And I agree with Minimalist's idea that the world's average IQ just ticked up a notch.
Recovering Baptist

"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can\'t prove it, but you can\'t disprove it either."
Christopher Hitchens, in "God is Not Great"

Lao Tou

Quote from: _Xenu_ on March 20, 2014, 08:45:16 PM
They gave his corpse an enema, as Hitchens suggested, and now they can't find a coffin small enough for what is left.
Recovering Baptist

"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can\'t prove it, but you can\'t disprove it either."
Christopher Hitchens, in "God is Not Great"

AllPurposeAtheist

Well...if fishing season goes to shit we'll know they buried him at sea.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Aroura33

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Sal1981

Quote from: Solitary on March 20, 2014, 05:18:10 PM
I hope he just ceases to exist, he has suffered enough with his intolerance, fear, hatred, ignorance, and such a miserable life. Solitary
The sad part is, you're probably right. I doubt he had a good life, only self-afflicted delusion and suffering, suffering that he brought upon other people as well as upon himself and his family. Hopefully people will stop with their bullshit now that he's gone, but knowing people, I bet someone of his family will take up the mantle and carry on the tradition of hate.

SGOS

It would seem appropriate if some group would picket his funeral with signs of protest.  Somehow the signs should protest something other than bigots, just use his funeral as a venue to protest something absurd like genetic experiments on lamprey eels.  People could come up with their own silly protest issues.  Everyone could shout angrily at traffic like they really gave a shit.

I drove by his compound in Kansas a couple of years ago.  There were people carrying pickets and protesting the compound, but they said something like "God Loves People".

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 20, 2014, 04:56:36 PM
Lol the thread. Who is this Fred Phelps hated this much? The only Phelps I know is Micheal Phelps.
The signs they waved, like "God Hates Dead GIs" were enough for me to mildly dislike the sick bastard.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

St Giordano Bruno

Good riddens to bad rubbish. Just bury him in a place where he does not stink too much.   
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"