News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hey!

Started by GOREslinger, March 10, 2014, 06:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOREslinger

Hey!

I work as an Ammo Troop in the USAF active duty. I used to be a hardcore christian when I was young.
Now honestly... I can't stand religion as a whole. I "converted" to atheism about 5 years ago and it
was the best thing I have ever done. My family still thinks I'm just "not sure" haha. They are cool about
it for the most part. It's a bit... interesting coming from Tennessee as a non-believer.

I guess that is about it! Can't wait to be a part of the community!
Stocked about my the end of my enlistment too. heh kind of off
topic I know.

Thanks!

Plu

Welcome to the forums :)

Moriarty

Can one convert to Atheism? I thought it was just a loss of belief not a transference. :P

Oh well, welcome anyway~
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

stromboli

Convert: to change in form, character or function. Yes, one can convert. Welcome. My son is just in the process of a medical separation. EOD riding in an MRAP for his last 2 tours.

GOREslinger

QuoteConvert: to change in form, character or function. Yes, one can convert.
Haha thanks for the backup. :)
QuoteWelcome. My son is just in the process of a medical separation. EOD riding in an MRAP for his last 2 tours.
Have a lot of respect for EOD. We work with them a lot. Glad to hear he will at least come out with something for his service. These days you never know when they might just boot you.

stromboli

Quote from: "GOREslinger"
QuoteConvert: to change in form, character or function. Yes, one can convert.
Haha thanks for the backup. :)
QuoteWelcome. My son is just in the process of a medical separation. EOD riding in an MRAP for his last 2 tours.
Have a lot of respect for EOD. We work with them a lot. Glad to hear he will at least come out with something for his service. These days you never know when they might just boot you.

Yeah, they almost did. Had to get a lawyer.

PickelledEggs

Sal1981

Hi & welcome to AF.

aitm

back at ya. Welcome
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

GOREslinger

@ Sal heh yeah. 1.5 years left of my 6 year contract >_<
Don't get me wrong I have huge respect for people who can
deal with all the BS and politics... I just can't though. It
won't be over soon enough for me.

Just realized AF was the forum name not Air Force...
Me is the dumb. :)

Solitary

:-D Welcome aboard GOREslinger! I was raised in Tennessee with a Methodist mother and atheist father. I think I was conflicted then.  #-o  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Sal1981

Quote from: GOREslinger@ Sal heh yeah. 1.5 years left of my 6 year contract >_<
Don't get me wrong I have huge respect for people who can
deal with all the BS and politics... I just can't though. It
won't be over soon enough for me.

Just realized AF was the forum name not Air Force...
Me is the dumb.
Heh, yeah, I usually just type AF instead of atheistforums.com

Gawdzilla Sama

Greetings! My brother retired as E-8, wrench twister, from the USAF. I preferred to have fun so I went with the Navy. 
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers