How does something like this come about via blind random accidental'evolution' ?

Started by YouCanCallMeDave, March 14, 2014, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I haven't evolved enough to read all that without falling asleep. :P
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

YouCanCallMeDave

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 14, 2014, 02:31:40 PM
Well he did sort of.  He poofed a 777 right out of existence! :o

Because instead, he did the greater miracle of bringing a time and space Universe into existence from NOTHING  including all the matter .     Any other miracle is lesser than that  .     

How come blind random mutational accidents ultimately gave us a Human Brian that the worlds best Scientists cant begin to duplicate on purpose using their intelligence , will,  with an end result in mind ?      I don't have enough faith to be an Atheist and neither do you.  It is, however, very aesthetically appealing  because it frees us up to be our own little 'god'  .

Plu

Are you done researching and falling back into the general "I'm a theist and also an asshole and I'm going to come with the same tripe arguments that hundreds have done before me" thing?

Because if that's the case, just say so and I'll give you a permaban. It'll be better for everyone.

YouCanCallMeDave

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 15, 2014, 02:27:44 AM
I haven't evolved enough to read all that without falling asleep. :P

No, its  an insane impossibility but a good current excuse for not wanting anything to do with our Creator .  And after macro evolution  has been scrapped from the textbooks....there will be other excuses on the horizon to choose from.    The only reason macro evolution and abiogenesis is hanging on by a thread is because the general public would loose faith in the scientific community , and, theyd have to re-write all the school textbooks including getting rid of the titillizing air-brushed Monkey Men lineup . When Evolutionists themselves speak out against their field, you know its been fallacious all along :

" It is therefore a MATTER OF FAITH on the part of the biologist that
biogenesis (evolution) did occur and he can choose whatever method of
biogenesis happens to suit him personally ; the evidence for what did
happen is not available" --- Evolutionist Prof. G.A. Kerkut of the
University of Southampton. Source : Implications of Evolution. London.
Pergamon Press, 1960, page 150.

" The more one studies paleontology, the more certain one becomes that
evolution is based on FAITH ALONE" -- Evolutionist Prof. T.L. Moor .
Origins ? The Banner of Truth Trust, 1988 page 22.

" We Palenontologists have said that the history of life supports (the
story of gradual adaptive change) , all the while really knowing that it
does not" -- Dr. Niles Eldredge. Darwin on Trial. Regnery Gateway,
1991, page 59.

" The record of reckless speculation of human origins is so astonishing
that it is legitimate to ask whether much science is yet to be found in
this field at all" -- Evolutionist Dr. Solly Zuckerman. Darwin on
Trial. 1991. page 82.

From an article in Science Digest Special---

" Scientists who utterly reject Evolution may be one of our fastest
growing controversial minorities ... Many of the scientists supporting
this posiiton hold impressive credentials in science" . -- Educators
Against Darwin. winter 1979, page 94

" I believe that one day the Darwinnian myth will be ranked the
greatest deciet in the history of science "--- Prof. Soren Lovtrup,
Embriologist. Darwinism : The Refutation of a Myth. 1987. page 422.

" The more i examine the Universe and the details of its architecture,
the more evidence i find that the Universe in some sense must have known
we were coming"--- Prof. Freeman Dyson, Physicist from Princeton Univ.
'Disturbing the Universe' . 1979. page 250.

" The more man is imbued with the ordered regularity of all events, the
firmer becomes his conviction that there is no room left by the side of
this ordered regularity for causes of a different nature (than a Creator)"
-- Albert Einstein. His LIfe and Times. page 286.

And finally, the bottom line from an "agnostic" Astronomer (and my
favorite) ----

" For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason,
the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of
ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak and as he pulls
himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of Theologians who
have been sitting there for centuries reading Genesis 1:1 : In the
Beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth" --- agnostic Prof. Robert
Jastrow founder of Nasa's Goddard Institute. His book, 'God and the
Astronomers. page 116.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: YouCanCallMeDave on March 17, 2014, 02:48:25 PM
Because instead, he did the greater miracle of bringing a time and space Universe into existence from NOTHING  including all the matter .     Any other miracle is lesser than that  .     
"Nothing" is not an object of discourse, but the absence thereof. No, treating it as if it were an object in its own right does not make it so. Your statement is incoherent.

Quote from: YouCanCallMeDave on March 17, 2014, 02:48:25 PMHow come blind random mutational accidents ultimately gave us a Human Brian that the worlds best Scientists cant begin to duplicate on purpose using their intelligence , will,  with an end result in mind ?      I don't have enough faith to be an Atheist and neither do you.  It is, however, very aesthetically appealing  because it frees us up to be our own little 'god'  .
Having an absence of a mechanism for the evolution of the human brain does not allow you to place anything in the spot and have it be taken seriously.

The "I do not have enough faith to be an Atheist" is quite silly considering that the entire position of 'atheism' is characterized by the absence of such faith. It does, however, take mental discipline and courage to say, "I do not know" when you do not know something that is troubling to you. You've just chosen the easy way out.

Quote from: YouCanCallMeDave on March 17, 2014, 02:50:47 PMWhen Evolutionists themselves speak out against their field,
There's no such thing as an 'Evolutionist.' It's a creationist buzzword.

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

SGOS

How come blind random mutational accidents ultimately gave us a Human Brian that the worlds best Scientists cant begin to duplicate on purpose using their intelligence?
Because evolution is so awesome that it ends up doing what man cannot.  If God existed, he would have done it better.... maybe.  But God works in strange ways, because the God concept is strange.  Who can argue the point that God is so far beyond us that it is impossible for us to understand him?   Except of course, those who say that out of one side of their mouths, but then continue by explaining his nature and a whole bunch of other incomprehensible specifics.

Sal1981

^TL;DR

EDIT: also, here's a shocker: I'm not, and I dare say that applies to most other atheists too, an atheist because evolution is true; evolution is true regardless of my atheism.

I'm, personally speaking, an atheist because the Bible is full of shit, not because some evil evolutionist convinced me it was false. Why can't theists get this into their thick, deluded skulls?

Johan

I don't have enough faith to be an Atheist and neither do you.
Do you have enough faith to murder your own child if your god told you to?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

QuoteI don't have enough faith to be an Atheist and neither do you

thats because you are not one. I am, and I assure you, I need no faith to be an atheist. You on the other hand, need all the faith in the world. Good luck with that brother.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 17, 2014, 04:02:05 PM
I'm not, and I dare say that applies to most other atheists too, an atheist because evolution is true; evolution is true regardless of my atheism.

I'm, personally speaking, an atheist because the Bible is full of shit, not because some evil evolutionist convinced me it was false. Why can't theists get this into their thick, deluded skulls?
Yes, evolution is just one more reason to reject the divine authority of the Bible.  It's hardly the deal breaker, however.

Atheism exists because the whole body of evidence for every known religion now or in the past comes down to nothing more than empty claims.

Jason78

How come blind random mutational accidents ultimately gave us a Human Brian that the worlds best Scientists cant begin to duplicate on purpose using their intelligence , will,  with an end result in mind ?      I don't have enough faith to be an Atheist and neither do you.  It is, however, very aesthetically appealing  because it frees us up to be our own little 'god'  .

You didn't even read the link I posted did you?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mister Agenda

Quote from: YouCanCallMeDave on March 14, 2014, 12:36:02 PM
With no goal in sight and by purely accidental mutations  .... how did the 16 step Cascade System of Blood Clotting when a cut occurs to the human body , come about ?   In case the Reader is not aware of this process....upon a cut occurring, a chemical is released which triggers another chemical to be formed which releases another chemical, etc...for 15 steps ...then on the last 16th step,  vitamin B  which is not related to any of the prior chemicals being released,  is produced which completes the biological process.    The entire human bodys skin has this waiting to occur .

Please offer the evolutionary truth of how this first came about ?   Please do not antagonistically  suggest I read an Evolution Book , or 'get schooled'   , or become educated  as lame excuses. Instead,  please tell how Evolution did it specifically  , cogently, and  step by step  which supports your atheistic view of life and biological systems.    If you care to,  post an online treatise  for this specifically  which lends credibility to your Evolutionary mindset.  Thanks.     

Suppose the answer to your question wasn't the first thing to come up when you Google it. Suppose science didn't have an answer to your question. Do you think if science were ignorant on this matter, it would make some particular alternative explanation correct? If so, you might also want to Google Argument from Ignorance.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina