News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them

Started by stromboli, March 14, 2014, 12:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Matthew 7:20

A widely quoted scripture. The theists should think about it. What are the fruits of Christianity or any religion?

Religion promotes misanthropy and misogyny.

Religion promotes judgment against other religions, cultures, societal groups, and so on.

Religion has been the cause for wars and ongoing strife between religion based cultures.

Religion even today promotes the subjugation of women, and allowing in some countries the legal right to marry girls younger than adulthood, even before puberty.

Religion has justified violence in the form of terrorism.

Religion has been the legal justification of denial of rights and services to groups such as women, gays and minorities.

Religion has been the moral justification of actions taken against individual groups such as women, gays and minorities.

Religion has roadblocked technological and scientific advancement where the belief if contradictory to what science and technology have produced.

And so on. Justifying belief based on what the religion has supposedly accomplished flies in the face of what it has also denied.

aitm

I always assumed because I gots such large balls that...er....well., you know....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: aitmI always assumed because I gots such large balls that...er....well., you know....
I pray to, uh, FSM that I never encounter your fruits in person. :o