News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

That perfect quote

Started by aitm, March 15, 2014, 04:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

You remember this, " Creationist speak with confident authority on topics they go out of their way to know nothing about"

It's like a perfect short concise thought that embodies an entire argument into one sentence

I have often, due to my poor education, stumbled around for that perfect snappy one about the whole god existing forever and all-knowing jibberish without much success.

My best unfortunately is this:  The belief that an all knowing ever existing thing, which needs nothing, can know everything about everything that has not yet been created, so that something, which has yet to exist, can worship that which needs nothing for the purpose of attaining everlasting existence so that the thing which needs nothing can have something of which it does not have for the purpose of having something for which it doesn't need. Makes perfect sense.

Can you make this better?

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

I have no idea how to shorten that. I never did too well academically either and that's such a huge run on sentence, that I don't even know what to do with it.

I did just stumble across this list of really good atheist quotes. I'm sure something will fit for you, or at least give you a better idea of how to say whatever you're trying to say.

http://whynogod.wordpress.com/quotes/

Plu

Quote‘If God had wanted us to believe in Him, He would have existed’. â€" Linda Smith

For some reason this really made me chuckle :P

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: aitm on March 15, 2014, 04:35:54 AM
You remember this, " Creationist speak with confident authority on topics they go out of their way to know nothing about"

It's like a perfect short concise thought that embodies an entire argument into one sentence

I have often, due to my poor education, stumbled around for that perfect snappy one about the whole god existing forever and all-knowing jibberish without much success.

My best unfortunately is this:  The belief that an all knowing ever existing thing, which needs nothing, can know everything about everything that has not yet been created, so that something, which has yet to exist, can worship that which needs nothing for the purpose of attaining everlasting existence so that the thing which needs nothing can have something of which it does not have for the purpose of having something for which it doesn't need. Makes perfect sense.

Can you make this better?

That last one almost sounds like my ex for some reason.....I KNOW,  it's her perfect logic. That always threw me off about her.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Sal1981

Quote from: David StevensA lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.
I would go as far as to say that the foundations of all faith-based religions are complete and utter lies, all built upon ulterior motives and/or the superstitions of people.

stromboli

The belief in an all knowing and ever existing God;
which needs nothing, yet has perfect knowledge about everything yet to be created
but needs to create worshipers who are yet to exist
to worship that which needs nothing, so they may attain everlasting life
in order that the God who needs nothing has something it does not have
for the purpose of having something it doesn't need.

Makes perfect sense. :think:

SGOS

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 17, 2014, 09:48:48 AM
I would go as far as to say that the foundations of all faith-based religions are complete and utter lies, all built upon ulterior motives and/or the superstitions of people.
I agree.  Religions are so old that it's difficult to know their exact origins, but if we look at two major modern cults, Mormonism and Islam, it should be easy to see that they were laid out by self serving charlatans.  This is also true of the modern cults that have fallen by the wayside, Waco, Texas and Jonestown.  There are also the TV televangelists that are most apparently in it just to attain wealth.  Although, that last group may actually believe their own bullshit, but I doubt it.

aitm

Quote from: stromboli on March 17, 2014, 11:06:21 AM
The belief in an all knowing and ever existing God;
which needs nothing, yet has perfect knowledge about everything yet to be created
but needs to create worshipers who are yet to exist
to worship that which needs nothing, so they may attain everlasting life
in order that the God who needs nothing has something it does not have
for the purpose of having something it doesn't need.

Makes perfect sense. :think:

Looks better.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

:think: Sounds just like a deadbeat dad who brags to his friends about his billions of kids,  but has no intention of ever looking after one much less billions. :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.