News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

LiveStream show best server?

Started by frozenframe, March 13, 2014, 12:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frozenframe

I'm posting here because I'm planning to do a weekly Livestreaming show starting in May about religion, philosophy, common sense as well as rants etc... I'm looking for an online streaming service that allows this kind of material and powerful (smallest possible delays etc...). I was wondering if any of you use livestreams and what would you recommend? If it's not free, that's cool too.

PickelledEggs

I like Justin.tv I use open broadcaster to stream some different things and it's pretty easy to set up too.

Sent via Tapatalk on my JediX20 I-605

PickelledEggs

The open broadcaster (obs) is the software you need to stream to Justin.tv or twitch

Sent via Tapatalk on my JediX20 I-605

frozenframe

frozenframe

Tested it today, it seems very similar to UStream in many ways. Also has occasional commercials. The difficult part I guess is the delay. All servers have delay so it's impossible to watch the stream and record at the same time. Only what OBS shows can be taken as truth.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: frozenframe on March 17, 2014, 08:01:35 AM
Tested it today, it seems very similar to UStream in many ways. Also has occasional commercials. The difficult part I guess is the delay. All servers have delay so it's impossible to watch the stream and record at the same time. Only what OBS shows can be taken as truth.
Yeah. I forgot about the delay. I think you can adjust the delay slightly, depending on your internet connection, but I don't know how to do it. I haven't used justin.tv/twitch in a while since I've been having trouble with streaming Steam games.

For the commercials, I don't know how to get rid of them for your stream that other people watch other than offering a subscription to them, but if you want to get rid of commercials for when you watch, I would recommend downloading the AdBlock extension for chrome or firefox.