Specific behaviors that make you write people off

Started by zarus tathra, March 10, 2014, 08:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darsenfeld

Oh and people in real life who expect you to like them immediately when you've met them.
consistency is for dopes....

Glitch

I could write a whole damn essay on this, but I'll keep it short, and honest.

People who chew with their mouths open. You look like a cow, and I can see your food dissolving in your mouth. Please. Stop.

People who are so inherently close-minded, that they can't think for themselves without having to look up 99 different references.

People who don't vaccinate their children because they believe every single article they read on the internetz. That's how you start an epidemic outbreak.

People who are so sucked into an activist movement, they don't realize that outside of their "activist bubble" shit's already changed.

When black people call me the "little cracka girl", and I'm not allowed to call them the "N word" because it's "insulting"... I feel insulted being called a "cracka girl"...

People who claim to follow PLUR (Peace Love Unity and Respect, rave thing.) then turn around and talk mad shit on everybody who surrounds them.

People who think they should commit suicide because "nobody loves them" when they have all these people, be them friends, family, and even coworkers, telling them constantly that they love them immensely. Like it hits a point where you're no longer an "emo" and you're now just an attention whore.

>>> I do feel bad for people who genuinely suffer from depression and have legit family problems.<<<

People who do drugs that completely destroy you from the inside out. Especially when they do it willingly.

People who die from OD's. I've lost one too many friends from OD's and it's really not cool.

People who deny evolution.

Creationism as a whole. There's just so much stupidity and ignorance in that pool that I would love to pour some gas in it and burn it to the ground.

Those really annoying religious people who go to Comic Con and other anime conventions, especially in Southern California, who sit there waving their stupid signs around like the people attending these conventions actually give a shit.

>>>It's actually really fun to mess with these guys. Last time I went to Comic Con I sat next to one and started speaking random jibberish, while rolling around in front of him on the floor, while dressed up as a giant green humanoid fox thing, and then had a group of friends come over to me and pretend to perform an exorcism on me. Made those guys book it like little bitches out of that convention.<<<

And last, but not least, Jehovah's Witnesses who are brave enough to step foot on my porch. The way I personally scare them off is by bringing a giant model of a horse penis, that my friend gave to me a few years back, and opening the door with it hanging out of my pants. Or I tell them that I used to be one of them, but converted to worshiping Lucifer our Lord instead. Apparently if you left the religion, the current ones are not allowed to make contact with you, or they will go to hell.

Hijiri Byakuren

"Subs>Dubs" anime fuckheads. News flash: the only reason you think the Japanese VAs are better is because you don't understand them.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Glitch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 20, 2014, 10:02:15 AM
"Subs>Dubs" anime fuckheads. News flash: the only reason you think the Japanese VAs are better is because you don't understand them.

I can't watch anime, dubbed or not, without subtitles. I have weird issues. I also prefer not-dubbed. But if I can't find subs for it, I gotta go with the dub.

wolf39us

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 20, 2014, 10:02:15 AM

+1  FUCK dubs

Hijiri Byakuren

wolf39us

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 21, 2014, 12:41:56 AM
Er, what? I was saying dubs are good.

sorry I misread it.  I saw the first part of the sentence with the subs>dubs... which they are.  And not understanding the language has nothing to do with it.  I'll admit that there are a few rare occasions when dubs are "good enough" to watch.  But sorry dude in general dubs are complete and total shit.  This is not just anime.

In anything "foreign" I always seek the original language with subtitles... why?  Because dubbing over other works in different languages requires modifications in such a way that many times cultural context and jokes are lost.  Not to mention American dubs in particular are re-written to meet the standards of American TV... fuck that noise.

On a side note... you want to know something that's always funny?  Japanese people saying English words...  You know what's even funnier??  English voice actors trying to pronounce Japanese names!

:-)

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: wolf39us on March 21, 2014, 12:50:35 AMBut sorry dude in general dubs are complete and total shit.  This is not just anime.
Pre-2000 I'd be inclined to agree, mostly. After that? The dubs are as good if not better, and I'm including all of your criticisms in that assessment. The ratio of bad to good dubs these days is so low, being a subs>dubs dickhead is just willful ignorance at best. It's the anime enthusiast's equivalent to being a YEC.

For the record, I'm not criticizing anyone who happens to to like the subs better. That's your right. But the moment you say a dub is "just not anime," you're basically giving me permission to disregard your opinion.

As for me, I don't need subs either way, so up all y'alls. :P

wolf39us

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 21, 2014, 02:10:36 AM
Pre-2000 I'd be inclined to agree, mostly. After that? The dubs are as good if not better, and I'm including all of your criticisms in that assessment. The ratio of bad to good dubs these days is so low, being a subs>dubs dickhead is just willful ignorance at best. It's the anime enthusiast's equivalent to being a YEC.

For the record, I'm not criticizing anyone who happens to to like the subs better. That's your right. But the moment you say a dub is "just not anime," you're basically giving me permission to disregard your opinion.

As for me, I don't need subs either way, so up all y'alls. :P

I didn't say that it wasn't anime.  I said "not just anime"... meaning to include all foreign material. 

Also, I'd like to see some examples of these "good if not better" dubs... really.  And before you dig into any Miyuzaki or Studio Ghibili I'm already well aware of their above average dubs.  No really, let's see this amazing dub you speak of that's even close to the original material!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: wolf39us on March 21, 2014, 02:12:48 AMI didn't say that it wasn't anime.  I said "not just anime"... meaning to include all foreign material. 
Dubs for shows like "Dance in the Vampire Bund" are still proof that your criticisms are patently wrong, so the point stands.

wolf39us

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 21, 2014, 02:14:15 AM
Dubs for shows like "Dance in the Vampire Bund" are still proof that your criticisms are patently wrong, so the point stands.

watching it now

Hijiri Byakuren

wolf39us

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 21, 2014, 02:19:11 AM
Good, because it's awesome. :D

It's not the worst dub I've ever seen.  Still doesn't touch the original subs which I'm watching now.  If a Funimation dub is the best you've got then you'll just lose this one dude. 

For the record, here's the worst dub I've ever seen... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF3c0dgMw3g

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: wolf39us on March 21, 2014, 02:27:41 AMIt's not the worst dub I've ever seen.  Still doesn't touch the original subs which I'm watching now.
I'd be interested to know what your point of comparison is since it's the same fucking dialogue with the same quality actors.

Quote from: wolf39us on March 21, 2014, 02:27:41 AMIf a Funimation dub is the best you've got then you'll just lose this one dude.
If Funimation is your idea of a bad dubbing company, you've pretty much demonstrated right here that your criticisms have no basis in logic, and you're just being contrary for the sake of it. I'm not trying to change your mind at this point, it's clear that you've already made it up.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignoranceâ€"that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

wolf39us

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 21, 2014, 02:33:24 AM
I'd be interested to know what your point of comparison is since it's the same fucking dialogue with the same quality actors.
If Funimation is your idea of a bad dubbing company, you've pretty much demonstrated right here that your criticisms have no basis in logic, and you're just being contrary for the sake of it. I'm not trying to change your mind at this point, it's clear that you've already made it up.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignoranceâ€"that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

Yeah, Funimation... the same guys that made these

Shuffle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7FkifD46lo

Strike Witches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViWJ1a9oqa8

Black Cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7fgXT_egUE

Yep, Funimation isn't as crappy as Bandai... but holy crap dude.  If you think Funimation is an example of good dubs, then you're a lost cause!