Specific behaviors that make you write people off

Started by zarus tathra, March 10, 2014, 08:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moriarty

Quote from: "Jmpty"Sense of entitlement. Lack of empathy and compassion. Grandiosity. People who think that the rules of society only apply to others.

Please define.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Atheon"Booger eating.
I agree, but now I have to figure out how I'm going to break the news to my grandkids.  :(
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Coming up to me and saying anything.

To modify this a little, intrusive people that have to shove themselves into conversations uninvited, or insist on giving their opinion no matter what.

And hygiene. Funny thing was, back in my Black Powder days when I went to various Rendezvous, the cleanest people there were men and women who just came off the mountain, not the tourists around them. Poor hygiene equals B.O., and that equals being smelled by the critters you are hunting. Clean, neat and dressed in dead animal skins. Go figure.  :-k

The Skeletal Atheist

If you purposely interrupt me with something that's totally irrelevant, I will walk away.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "Atheon"Booger eating.
:rollin:
We had a kid in elementary school that ate his boogers. His last name was Greenfether or something, but we all know him as "Greenbooger"

Thumpalumpacus

Slurs, open bigotry such as shunning or insulting or attacking someone for their race or sexual identity, obsequiesness, unjustified obstinancy, and chewing their food with their fucking mouth open.
<insert witty aphorism here>

zarus tathra

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"I want to add something. Yeah I lol'ed Dunkle's post, he is right. Good one. For a moment, I forgot that we lost almost everything in the big crash and went to dig heavier examples than some slip usage of 'faggot'. When I did what Dunkle did up there to some of the posters here in the 'past', I was accused of 'aggravating' people and 'derailing' threads and many other comical things I won't repeat here.

But if zarus thatra wasn't someone disliked in a collective sense in the forum, I pretty much doubt this would even come up. So yeah hypocrisy is not that much of an obvious, direct line.

Fair enough quote regarding my hypocrisy. But at least I qualified my use of that term with criticisms regarding the bureaucratic obtuseness that he was displaying and his obvious attempts to derail/misinterpret what I said. I should have thought of something else to call him. Maybe I should have called him a dog rapist or a pigfucker.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

zarus tathra

Eh, I'll try taking that kind of advice from someone who doesn't say "lol."
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

hillbillyatheist

people who show arrogance, self righteousness, aggressiveness and being completely unwilling to listen to reason cause me to write them off.

that covers alot of people. plenty of times I seriously question the longevity of the human species.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SilentFutility

Quote from: darsenfeld on March 11, 2014, 12:20:29 AM
Muslims because they're inherently closed-minded.

oh, and people with a victim complex, like African-Americans..
People who think every single member of a race or ethnicity has the same negative personality traits...

darsenfeld

er.... lol...people who believe everybody is PC, accepting and tolerant when even PC people aren't to some extent.  or  that millennia of human nature will cease based on a movement invented by US liberals..
consistency is for dopes....

Sal1981

Quote from: zarus tathra...and everybody here hates Christians, so talking about these things won't introduce any new information.
I don't, I just think they're wrong about a deity existing.

GSOgymrat

I find this question surprisingly difficult to answer. The best I can come up with are people who do not respect my boundaries.

darsenfeld

Quote from: SilentFutility on March 13, 2014, 10:34:42 AM
Quote from: darsenfeld on March 11, 2014, 12:20:29 AM
Muslims because they're inherently closed-minded.

oh, and people with a victim complex, like African-Americans..
People who think every single member of a race or ethnicity has the same negative personality traits...

er.. OK, but then Islamic societies value open dialogue, right?  And personal experience is bad now?
consistency is for dopes....