Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Death of the GOP?

Started by SGOS, March 07, 2014, 10:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

Quote from: "HomophobicAtheist"
Quote from: "Plu"
QuotePeople don't want to work and love handouts.

You hang around with the wrong kind of people.
:blahblah: These days being on the right side of things is apparently wrong.

I'm not the one hanging around with people who love handouts...

Gawdzilla Sama

Social security is not a handout. It's a retirement fund held in TRUST by the government. When Reagan started stealing from it and nobody said anything that's when the handouts started, to the government.

BTW, Michelle Bachman recently said the Tea Party was an intellectual movement.  :rollin:
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

...you know what, fuck it, it's too damn early for me to waste brain cells on this.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Moriarty

Who doesn't want to work and enjoys handouts corporate America and CEO's? Pretty much. Biggest takers in the U.S. that provide no real work. Corporate welfare and tax breaks dwarf so called entitlement programs. Fuck them all. Only reason I wish there were a god so the bastards could rot in the hell they created.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

darsenfeld

Since US conservatives are mentally ill, don't care.
consistency is for dopes....

AllPurposeAtheist

These are shill wedge issues anyway. Republicans take evrry issue that's relatively unimportant then fan flames of discontent. Welfare was one such issue. Many people believed they were being scammed by someone getting nothing for nothing, a few hundred bucks a month each usually while at the same the banking system that ran under Glass Stegal was destroyed by republicans by the likes of Phil Graham and who got billions for nothing. It wasn't grandma living on social security getting a few hundred bucks in foodstamps. Investment banks pulled off the biggest hiest in the history of wealth thanks to the gop.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Quote from: "HomophobicAtheist"People don't want to work and love handouts. In this day and age you and your family could live on handouts. Making illegals legal for votes. Apparently deporting illegals is "racist". Because all illegals are non white....Make African Americans believe the modern day GOP is not any different than people who enslaved and oppressed their ancestors. Saying that young African American boys/ men are being targeted by the so called racist  gun toting Republicans The list goes on and on. Promise something, do nothing,blame someone else.

TROUBLED ASSET RELIEF (TARP) BAILOUT PROGRAMS         FUNDS DISBURSED*
(IN BILLIONS)         MAXIMUM AT-RISK*
(IN BILLIONS)         OUTSTANDING*
(IN BILLIONS)     
*See Glossary at the bottom of this page for definitions of "disbursed," etc.                                 
Liquidity Loans for Banks and Financial Co.s                                
Capital Purchase Program (Treasury)         $204.9         $218.0         $21.7     
Capital Assistance Program (Treasury)         $0         $0         $0     
Systemically Significant Failing Institutions Program (AIG) (Treasury)         $67.8         $69.8         $53.1     
Targeted Investment Program (Treasury)         $40.0         $40.0         $0     
[Toxic Asset Purchases                                
Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility ("TALF") (Mostly Federal Reserve, some Treasury)      $67.0         $1,080.0         $12.9        
Public-Private Investment Program: Legacy Securities Program (Treasury)      $17.0         $1,000.0         $15.9        
Public-Private Investment Program: Legacy Loans Program (FDIC)      $0.728         n/a         $0.728        
Investor Loss Guarantees                                
Asset Guarantee Program (Treasury, FDIC & Federal Reserve)         $0         $332.5         $0     
Paying Banks to Loan Money to Small Business                                
Unlocking Credit for Small Businesses (Treasury)   $0.4         $15.0         $0.2           
Community Development Capital Initiative (Treasury)   $0.6         $0.8         $0.6           
Support for Housing Market              
Home Affordable Modification Program (Treasury)   $2.0   $45.6   $2.0   

NON-TARP BAILOUT PROGRAMS      FUNDS DISBURSED*      MAXIMUM AT-RISK*      OUTSTANDING*     
*See Glossary at the bottom of this page for definitions of "disbursed," etc.                        
Support for Housing Market (Government Supported Enterprises, Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac, and Federal Housing Administration)                       
GSE stock purchase (Treasury)      $164.4      Unlimited[1]      $164.4     
GSE direct obligation program (Federal Reserve)      $169.0      $200.0      $116.7     
GSE Mortgage-Backed Securities Purchase Program (Treasury)      $220.0      $314.0      $101.0     
GSE credit facility program (Treasury)      $0      $25.0      $0     
Fed mortgage-backed securities purchases (Federal Reserve)      $1,128      $1,250.0      $911.9     
Federal Housing Administration      $0      $352.08      $0     
Liquidity Loans to Banks and Financial Co.s                       
Direct loans to Bear Stearns via JPMC (Federal Reserve)      $12.9      $12.9      $0     
Lehman Brothers "wind-down" loan (Federal Reserve)      $138.0      $138.0      $0     
AIG loans and investments (Federal Reserve)      $89.5      $122.5      $0     
Term Securities Lending Facility ("TSLF") and Term Securities Lending Facility Options Program ("TOP") ( Federal Reserve)      $233.6      $250.0      $0     
Primary Dealer Credit Facility (Federal Reserve)      $147.7      $147.7      $0     
Asset-Backed Commercial Paper Money Market Fund Liquidity Facility ("AMLF") (Federal Reserve)      $145.9      at least $145.9      $0     
Term Auction Facility (Federal Reserve)      $493.1      $900.0      $0     
Commercial Paper Funding Facility (Federal Reserve)      $349.9      $1,800      $0     
Money Market Investor Funding Facility (Federal Reserve)      $0      $600.0      $0     
Expansion of System Open Market Account (SOMA) securities lending (Federal Reserve)      N/A      $36.0      N/A     
Primary Credit Program (Federal Reserve)      $111.9      $111.9      $0.02     
Tri-Party Repurchase Agreements (Federal Reserve)      $124.6      $124.6      $0     
Purchase of Toxic Assets                       
Maiden Lane I (Bear Stearns) (Federal Reserve)   $28.8      $28.8      $21.6        
Maiden Lane II and III (AIG) (Federal Reserve)   $43.8      $52.5      $19.8        
Single-Tranche Repurchase Agreements (Federal Reserve)   $80.0      $80.0      $0        
Investor Loss guarantees                       
Money Market Mutual Fund (Treasury)      $0      $3,355.3      $0     
Foreign Central Bank Liquidity              
Foreign Central Bank Currency Liquidity Swaps (Federal Reserve)   $582.76   $755.0   $0     
IMF Expansion (Treasury)   $100.0   $100.0   $100.0   

AGENCY SUBTOTALS   TOTAL DISBURSED   TOTAL MAX. AT-RISK   TOTAL OUTSTANDING     
Treasury   $816.1 billion   $5.79 trillion   $458.1 billion     
FDIC   $0.7 billion   $10.0 billion   $0.7 billion     
Federal Reserve   $3.95 trillion   $8.06 trillion   $1.08 trillion     
GRAND TOTAL:   $4.76 TRILLION DISBURSED   $13.87 TRILLION MAX. AT-RISK   $1.54 TRILLION OUTSTANDING   

United States Federal
State and Local Government Spending    US CA >
Pop: 318.4 million      
-5yr -1yr Fiscal Year 2014 in $ billion +1yr +4yr          

View: people old default radical census programs COFOG             Fed
   Gov.
Xfer    State
   Local
   Total    chart      
  •    Pensions          928.5    0.0    208.6    44.9    1,182.1           
  •    Health Care          973.6    -324.8    478.3    141.4    1,268.4           
  •    Education          141.8    -96.5    285.7    673.0    1,004.0           

Defense          830.9    0.0    0.8    0.0    831.7           
[–]    Welfare: Start chart          393.7    -119.0    147.3    82.6    504.5           

•    Family and children       105.5    0.0    11.8    9.0    126.2           
  •    Unemployment       59.7    -3.5    4.8    0.0    61.1           
  •    Unemployment trust       0.0    0.0    64.0    0.3    64.3           
  •    Housing       53.3    -11.0    8.7    36.3    87.2           
  •    Social exclusion n.e.c.       175.2    -104.5    51.0    36.8    158.6           
  •    R and D Social protection       0.0    0.0    0.0    0.0    0.0         
  •    Social protection n.e.c.       0.0    0.0    7.0    0.1    7.1           
  •    Protection          36.0    -7.1    70.8    162.4    262.2           
  •    Transportation          103.8    -70.5    122.9    154.6    310.8           
  •    General Government          53.4    -4.3    53.2    72.4    174.7           
  •    Other Spending          93.2    -18.2    76.9    330.1    482.0           
  •    Interest          222.9    0.0    49.4    65.4    337.6           
  •    Balance          0.0    -0.0    0.0    0.0    0.0           
  •    Total Spending          3,777.8    -640.3    1,493.8    1,726.8    6,358.1           
  •    Federal Deficit          744.2    0.0    0.0    0.0    744.2           
  •    Gross Public Debt          18,246.9    0.0    1,142.6    1,800.1    21,189.5
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

I dunno solitary.  I'm getting $198 a month in foodstamps. I may be bankrupting our nation all alone. Those billions though went to the JOB CREATORS!  :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I dunno solitary.  I'm getting $198 a month in foodstamps. I may be bankrupting our nation all alone. Those billions though went to the JOB CREATORS!  :shock:

Here's the thing that gets me about that. Its small business owners(like myself) who are creating jobs, and if they are actually giving money to the "job creators"....

I WANT MY GUBMENT MONEY!!!
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Plu

Business owners are job creators like automobiles are carbon dioxide factories. It's just an unfortunate side-effect that they haven't been able to get rid of yet.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "Plu"Business owners are job creators like automobiles are carbon dioxide factories. It's just an unfortunate side-effect that they haven't been able to get rid of yet.

Actually most small business owners I know, like their employees. Myself included.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Moriarty

Quote from: "Moralnihilist"
Quote from: "Plu"Business owners are job creators like automobiles are carbon dioxide factories. It's just an unfortunate side-effect that they haven't been able to get rid of yet.

Actually most small business owners I know, like their employees. Myself included.

How much do you like them? Enough to pay them enough to afford health, car, home insurance and not have to go to the local food shelter?

Psah......bro, I know it's a tricky business and a delicate balance between what pay is practical. That is where loyalty both ways comes in. What would you do if you really hit it big, keep the cash cow to yourself or at least spread a little of the wealth around that is reasonable? That's the measure of human being to me.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "Moriarty"

How much do you like them? Enough to pay them enough to afford health, car, home insurance and not have to go to the local food shelter?

Psah......bro, I know it's a tricky business and a delicate balance between what pay is practical. That is where loyalty both ways comes in. What would you do if you really hit it big, keep the cash cow to yourself or at least spread a little of the wealth around that is reasonable? That's the measure of human being to me.

Actually all of my employees have full company(read out of my pocket) paid benefits, are paid damn good(for the area, most own/rent their own homes no roommates), they all have new(ish) cars, and they all know exactly where I live(and are quite often over here for dinner).  

As to me hitting it big, I did that during my career I own the land and buildings my 2 gyms are built on outright(thats why I can pay like I do and still make a good living), I invested quite well in property, mutual funds, cd's, general stocks, and gold/silver. I was happy with one gym, but I knew a lot of good fighters and trainers that needed work so I got in touch with Dana(White) and bought into the UFC gym deals and built another gym so that I could help those guys out, and myself too(hey Im honest).

I make good money, I help my guys out, and there is a simple reason for that. Even though I have a shitload of cash and assets I still remember what it was like when I was coming up as a fighter and not having shit.

Plu

Would you keep them all employed if you could fire them all without it affecting your turnover at all (ie; all their salaries would simply be added to your own profit)?

EDIT: perhaps a better phrasing would be, 'would you hire anyone if it made no effect to your turnover at all?'

Shol'va

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I dunno solitary.  I'm getting $198 a month in foodstamps. I may be bankrupting our nation all alone. Those billions though went to the JOB CREATORS!  :shock:

Well you know how it is. If you take advantage of a benefit you are entitled to, apparently you're a smoocher. But if a corporation takes advantage of a multimillion dollar tax loop, they are being an effective business.