As an atheist does the recent medical paradigm threaten you?

Started by darsenfeld, March 04, 2014, 08:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darsenfeld

Quote from: "Shol'va"Nobody is saying you can't contradict, the issue at hand is how you do it. Nice try at deflection but it doesn't work with us.

So if you're so dim, why not accept people say things they don't mean?
consistency is for dopes....

Mermaid

Quote from: "darsenfeld"
Quote from: "Shol'va"Nobody is saying you can't contradict, the issue at hand is how you do it. Nice try at deflection but it doesn't work with us.

What do you get from being a troll?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shol'va

Quote from: "darsenfeld"So if you're so dim, why not accept people say things they don't mean?
Then be a man and own up to it and don't lie when you're being taken to task for your posts.

the_antithesis

Sal1981

Quote from: "the_antithesis"This is stupid.
There's a shocker  :lol:

darsenfeld

Quote from: "Shol'va"
Quote from: "darsenfeld"So if you're so dim, why not accept people say things they don't mean?
Then be a man and own up to it and don't lie when you're being taken to task for your posts.

eh?  the human norm is to contradict, and?

the2ndcominofjebus

I dont think it has anything to do with anything. Meditation is just breathing exercises. When you look at spirituality, it's just a way of keeping a positive outlook. it's a way of not getting into a depressive slump; it's to help keep moving forward. Most people can't be atheists. They can't enjoy irony and cynical thinking. they can't grasp being alone in a sane fashion.
"If god doesn\'t like the way I live, let him tell me, not you."

"Give a man a fish, and you\'ll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he\'ll starve to death while praying for a fish."

darsenfeld

lulz... meditation is intrinsically religious.  and spirituality?  this is theistic also.  so yes, the medical profession is forcing society to be theistic, hmmm.. nothing sinister there, right?

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

darsenfeld

darsenfeld

Quote from: "Mermaid"
Quote from: "darsenfeld"

What do you get from being a troll?

Nothing.  And?  it's only the Web, and I see you're always highly benevolent to others.

Plu

Quote from: "darsenfeld"[s:1j1cxymi]yes, chanting and praying.[/s:1j1cxymi]No, I have no idea

FTFY.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "darsenfeld"And?  it's only the Web...

Correct if I'm wrong, I presume with that assertion that you take the Web as a means of communication to be meaningless. It is if you make it so. But it doesn't have to be that.

Solitary

Meditation is in no way the same as praying. Nor religious!  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mermaid

Quote from: "darsenfeld"yes, chanting and praying.
Yeah. No. It is neither of those.  8-[
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR