As an atheist does the recent medical paradigm threaten you?

Started by darsenfeld, March 04, 2014, 08:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darsenfeld

lol..  whatever dude.  so i must be nice to you, but you not to me.  Either you're in high school, or you're insecure, either way "sucks to be you" I'm going...  As said, if you claim such intelligence as you project, it means by definition one must be one the ball to your surroundings......
consistency is for dopes....

Plu

You don't have to be nice to me, you just need to give actual information beyond fucking one line posts if you want to have a discussion. :)

Poison Tree

Quote from: "darsenfeld"Medicine rests on an evil premise
Wait, are we just going to ignore this? What "evil premise" is it that medicine rests on?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "darsenfeld"er.. yeah, what level was this perchance?  It's common fact from the practice.
"Common facts" are what you learn in Psych 100. I'm well past that. And this was not so much as glossed over.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

darsenfeld

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "darsenfeld"er.. yeah, what level was this perchance?  It's common fact from the practice.
"Common facts" are what you learn in Psych 100. I'm well past that. And this was not so much as glossed over.

hmm..  so science isn't based on a consensus based on research and proven evidence?

ahh.. this is why is meteorologists believe hurricanes are formed in Africa because the Niger River troll hates humans and wants to punish us?  whatever dude, I think I've touched a nerve, not my issue.

Shol'va

Quote from: "darsenfeld"er... I simply notice that believing in a higher power is now "key" to being healthy in many reputable medical sources.

No it is not. This has already been explained to you but you are either ignoring the explanations or not comprehending them.
What part of "spirituality does not equal belief in god or transcendental" and "spirituality does not have a well established definition" do you not understand?
You cited ONE source and it has already been explained to you why you are misunderstanding what it is actually saying.

If you find the fact that atheism and spirituality are compatible a shocking idea, then you need to analyze your own understanding of the terms.

People are starting to get rude with you because you are taxing everyone's patience.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "darsenfeld"hmm..  so science isn't based on a consensus based on research and proven evidence?
It is. What you don't seem to be getting through that thick skull of yours is that your little hypothesis isn't part of that consensus. The fact that you've yet to provide a single source for your claim tells me that you either read the writings of one particular fringe group, or (most likely) you're making this shit up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Titty sprinkles.

Shol'va

It is ironic how darsenfeld seems to be digging his heels into his preconceptions in an identical way as a religious person does when their beliefs are challenged.

darsenfeld

Quote from: "darsenfeld"hmm..  so science isn't based on a consensus based on research and proven evidence?
It is. What you don't seem to be getting through that thick skull of yours is that your little hypothesis isn't part of that consensus. The fact that you've yet to provide a single source for your claim tells me that you either read the writings of one particular fringe group, or (most likely) you're making this shit up.

huh lol..  I like you claim to be "caring" as you cite in all other threads, but then you get easily irritated lol..

You probably need to realise that not everybody shares your worldview, nor was raised by a guru who supported your beliefs.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "darsenfeld"

huh lol..  I like you claim to be "caring" as you cite in all other threads, but then you get easily irritated lol..

You probably need to realise that not everybody shares your worldview, nor was raised by a guru who supported your beliefs.
Doesn't answer arguments, doesn't respond to requests for evidence... gentlemen, we have a bonafied troll. Not one of the entertaining ones either.

Time to hit the ignore button. Have fun.

darsenfeld

er..  you dismiss arguments, lol.. You remind me of a high school jock, you don't seem to get basic social discourse.  Insecure, like I said before.

SGOS

I think you're talking here about what I call the body of science, as opposed to the process of science, which seldom reaches consensus over night.  There are usually many clashing views during the process, which is where the science actually takes place.

You seem to be getting your understanding of science from the Discovery channel where some scientist says something, which you take to mean "this is what science tells us", when it's just something some guy who might not even be a scientist says.  No, that is not science, and you need to know what science actually says, before you claim that science says whenever some happy but perplexing musing pops into your mind that you want to pass off as science.

This sort of behavior is not your own specialty by the way.  It occurs often enough in the lay population so that actual terms, like "junk science" have been introduced to describe them.

darsenfeld

Quote from: "Shol'va"
Quote from: "darsenfeld"er... I simply notice that believing in a higher power is now "key" to being healthy in many reputable medical sources.

No it is not. This has already been explained to you but you are either ignoring the explanations or not comprehending them.
What part of "spirituality does not equal belief in god or transcendental" and "spirituality does not have a well established definition" do you not understand?
You cited ONE source and it has already been explained to you why you are misunderstanding what it is actually saying.

If you find the fact that atheism and spirituality are compatible a shocking idea, then you need to analyze your own understanding of the terms.

People are starting to get rude with you because you are taxing everyone's patience.

Spiritual forces are inherently divine.  Can they be explained by rational means?

SGOS

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Doesn't answer arguments, doesn't respond to requests for evidence... gentlemen, we have a bonafied troll. Not one of the entertaining ones either.

Right now, I'm going to call Troll also.  He may have started out just looking for honest dialog, but in his confused state he is unable to clarify his ideas and he's trying to save face by being obtuse, silly, and purposely annoying.  I think I've seen this pattern before.  On the other hand, he have been a troll from the beginning.  It doesn't make any difference at this point, however.  I'm calling, "Troll."

aileron

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Doesn't answer arguments, doesn't respond to requests for evidence... gentlemen, we have a bonafied troll. Not one of the entertaining ones either.

Right now, I'm going to call Troll also.

Me three.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez