As an atheist does the recent medical paradigm threaten you?

Started by darsenfeld, March 04, 2014, 08:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darsenfeld

Meh, let medical professionals plot to control society and push their subjective views...not my issue, I know the score of humanity...  The Romans did it under Constantine, so I guess the Dharmists are thinking "it's our turn now!"
consistency is for dopes....

aileron

Quote from: "darsenfeld"Meh, let medical professionals plot to control society...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Moriarty

My doctor told me to go to a baptist faith healer. Why are all the doctors telling people to go see christian faith healers now a days?
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

Solitary

:shock:  #-o  :lol: http://youtu.be/GSQwS1Hf0yE  Solitary

This is hilarious! "Everything God has made is good." I wonder if he would like to try some magic mushrooms in his meals?  :rollin:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

darsenfeld

meh, I don't care, I'm merely stating an opinion and it seems that irks all of you.  

just I value integrity in human conduct and yeah...if physcists don't say how we must behave, then neither should medical practitioners, but meh the human condition is to seek to dominate lol..

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

darsenfeld

wrong opinion, like saying BK is better than McDs is WRONG lol...

Jason78

No, it's more like having the opinion that a BK Double Whopper is a firetruck.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

josephpalazzo

Quote from: darsenfeldThat's your view, but then it's self-evident to me that medical professionals hold a plot to turn us into Tibet.
Oh, not another CT"er... Must be a copy of AtheistMoFo ...::)

Solitary

"
Quote from: darsenfeldmeh, I don't care, I'm merely stating an opinion and it seems that irks all of you.  

just I value integrity in human conduct and yeah...if physcists don't say how we must behave, then neither should medical practitioners, but meh the human condition is to seek to dominate lol..
meh, I don't care, I'm merely stating an opinion and it seems that irks all of you.  

Your ignorance doesn't irk me! :) Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Johan

Quote from: darsenfeldmeh, I don't care, I'm merely stating an opinion and it seems that irks all of you. 
It doesn't irk anyone that you're stating an opinion. It irks people that you're making statements of fact which are unsupported and or easily proven wrong. For instance in your first post in this thread you said this:

QuoteMost doctors these days talk about meditation and spirituality as treatments for many conditions
When asked to provide proof that most doctors talk about mediation and spirituality as treatments for many conditions you provided a link to one single article by one single doctor which contained information about how meditation affects the brain. That article contains not one single word to indicate that this particular doctor nor any others are advocating meditation as a treatment for ANY condition. In addition that article contained not one single word about anything having to spirituality. Also it should go without saying that even if the article said what you're claiming it says (which it does not), it would still be the stated opinion of one single doctor and the stated opinion of one single individual can never be presented as valid proof that most individuals feel a certain way about something.

Then later in the thread you said this:

Quotemeditation is intrinsically religious.
That is simply not true. Meditation is something that is practiced by theists and atheists alike. There is nothing intrinsically religious about it. It is true that some religions engage in meditation as a part of their religious practice. But there are  lots of things which are done as part of religious ritual which are not inherently religious. For instance it is very common for people to sit on benches or chairs of some sort while observing religious ceremonies or services. But it would be silly to claim that anyone who advocates sitting a chair or bench is therefore trying to force a religious doctrine or some sort. People sit on chairs for all kinds of different reasons. And people meditate for all kinds of different reasons.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

darsenfeld

eh?  I disagree, but I don't care really, you seem offended that anybody says anything different to you...

I contend that medicine is co-opted, but so be it.

Johan

There was nothing in my post which would suggest I was offended by anything you said.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

darsenfeld

I don't believe that, nor generally what strangers say.

Admit it, you're pissed off that I am "contradicting" when you believe this is your special reserve.

Tell me why I must give a shit about your special reserve, or your morals/cultural norms that make you think that?  I do as I please, nobody really stops me nor has the charge to do so..

Johan

Does your case worker know you're using the computer?