NO criminal charges for Fukushima disaster.

Started by Nonsensei, March 01, 2014, 09:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

http://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-protest- ... 08021.html

QuoteCampaigners allege that government officials and TEPCO executives failed to take necessary measures to shield the plant against the March 2011 tsunami.

They also hold them responsible for a delay in announcing data predicting how radiation would spread from the facility in the aftermath of the accident.

But prosecutors decided to exempt all of them, saying that TEPCO and government officials could not predict an earthquake and tsunami of that size, and there was nothing wrong with their post-quake response under unexpected emergency situations.

I highlighted the reason I think this decision was made. :-|

This is pretty horrible. Fukushima's effects have not yet fully been realized. The fishing industry stands to take a tremendous blow, at least in a large swath of the Pacific.

To suggest there was not at least some criminal negligence is really disgusting.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Poison Tree

Do you have examples of specific actions that should bring specified charges or just think that someone's head should roll because the situation turned to shit?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Youssuf Ramadan

Criminal negligence from whom?

I can't help wondering who will sue whom when Yellowstone blows....  :rollin:

Moriarty

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"Criminal negligence from whom?

I can't help wondering who will sue whom when Yellowstone blows....  :rollin:

Why everyone of course! Who would put a national park on top of a super volcano for Christ's sake! LOL.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

The Skeletal Atheist

The answer is clear: sue God. Also look into criminal charges for mass murder, genocide, crimes against humanity, ect.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

SGOS

Quote from: "Moriarty"Who would put a national park on top of a super volcano for Christ's sake! LOL.
They could have sold it to developers.  Can you imagine having Ole Faithful in your yard?  "Hey Honey, coffee will be ready in 57 minutes.  And tell Jimmy to stop playing in the mud pots."

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Poison Tree"Do you have examples of specific actions that should bring specified charges or just think that someone's head should roll because the situation turned to shit?

I would think that building a coastal nuclear power plant in a country that routinely has strong earthquakes would be the most obvious example of negligence. The minute they built that plant this disaster was going to happen. It was a matter of time.

But in case you want more heres a nice detailed report from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-18718486

Poison Tree

Quote from: "Nonsensei"
Quote from: "Poison Tree"Do you have examples of specific actions that should bring specified charges or just think that someone's head should roll because the situation turned to shit?

I would think that building a coastal nuclear power plant in a country that routinely has strong earthquakes would be the most obvious example of negligence.
What about building coastal cities "in a country that routinely has strong earthquakes"? That has caused far more death and destruction than Fukushima Daiichi.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

The Skeletal Atheist

Disaster! Outrage! Someone must be sued for this godammit!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

zarus tathra

yeah suing people brings people back to life
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

Nonsensei

This is why I don't post here anymore.

You guys are dense as FUCK

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Nonsensei"This is why I don't post here anymore.

You guys are dense as FUCK
Coming from the same guy who is quick to call me anti-men but carefully avoids my female-on-male violence threads, I don't put much stock in this statement.

To put it in words you may understand:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "Nonsensei"This is why I don't post here anymore.

Something of a paradoxical statement....  :lol:

Who are you going to sue for building cities near the San Andreas fault?

SilentFutility

While I don't see any criminal charges, I do think it was utterly stupid to build a coastal powerplant in an earthquake and tsunami hotspot.

Jason78

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"The answer is clear: sue God. Also look into criminal charges for mass murder, genocide, crimes against humanity, ect.

Well He does have quite a lot of money.   It's about time it did some good.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato