News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Miracle of Prayer

Started by SGOS, March 01, 2014, 09:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I was just reminded of my own silly prayer walking along holding a cup of hot coffee not by the handle,  but the side of the cup praying my fingers don't burn to blisters before I got to my destination. Halilooyee brothers n sisters.  No blisters! Twas a true miracle.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I have a tough time keeping my yap shut in these cases...

I know, I know.  I do to.  If left to the vagaries of my emotions, I would be lashing out with loud gesticulating anger several times a week.  I keep thinking there must be something between my two extremes.  I've yet to find that thing, however.  If I try to reason with someone who is being a jerk, they just become bigger jerks, and sometimes, when someone is being a jerk, I apparently decide the "anti-jerk rule" must no longer be in effect, so I start being a jerk just to level the playing field.  :-D   IT'S MADNESS!  Sometimes, I think it's best to just accept an unpleasant situation for what it is, and move on.  

You know, one thing that saddens me is that I have never had anyone question me about my beliefs.  I'm continually being bombarded by the beliefs of others, but no one seems to be curious enough to ask what or why I believe (or don't).  I find this very odd.  Just like the case at hand.  This woman and I have never had a discussion about my beliefs.  She would have no reason to know what they are.  Yet her immediate response was to say she "knew what I believed and she didn't want to hear about it."  Really???  You don't want to hear about it??  This seems absolutely crazy to me.  It's like she wants to live in a bubble or something.  LOL

Moriarty

<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I have a tough time keeping my yap shut in these cases...

I know, I know.  I do to.  If left to the vagaries of my emotions, I would be lashing out with loud gesticulating anger several times a week.  I keep thinking there must be something between my two extremes.  I've yet to find that thing, however.  If I try to reason with someone who is being a jerk, they just become bigger jerks, and sometimes, when someone is being a jerk, I apparently decide the "anti-jerk rule" must no longer be in effect, so I start being a jerk just to level the playing field.  :-D   IT'S MADNESS!  Sometimes, I think it's best to just accept an unpleasant situation for what it is, and move on.  

You know, one thing that saddens me is that I have never had anyone question me about my beliefs.  I'm continually being bombarded by the beliefs of others, but no one seems to be curious enough to ask what or why I believe (or don't).  I find this very odd.  Just like the case at hand.  This woman and I have never had a discussion about my beliefs.  She would have no reason to know what they are.  Yet her immediate response was to say she "knew what I believed and she didn't want to hear about it."  Really???  You don't want to hear about it??  This seems absolutely crazy to me.  It's like she wants to live in a bubble or something.  LOL
You seem well aware that sometimes a well timed and placed "piss off" comes in really handy.  :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.