Education Isn't Board of Eds. Job, Candidate Says

Started by Shiranu, February 26, 2014, 12:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

[youtube:2r1soaht]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNgKHLnTuPc[/youtube:2r1soaht]

Quote"At least two of the Republican candidates running for the Texas State Board of Education indicated in a conservative voter's guide that they don't believe the Texas State Board of Education should have any authority over how children are educated.

Both Eric Mahroum (R) and Lady Theresa Thombs (R) "disagree" that it "is the government's responsibility to be sure children are properly educated." Incumbent Pat Hardy (R) joined the pair in "strongly agree[ing]" that "the more people [who] live by Judeo-Christian values, the less government is needed."

The three "strongly agree[d] that "free market competition for education dollars" would be preferable to a "government monopoly" on education. TFN Insider noted that "'free market competition' is the core argument for private school vouchers, which take tax dollars from public schools to pay tuition for students admitted to private and religious schools.""

Oh, Texas... I missed you so...

Fuck this state, minus the region I live in :P.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

Whatever we do DON'T teach kids the truth about anything.  They can't handle the truth!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

leo

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Whatever we do DON'T teach kids the truth about anything.  They can't handle the truth!
So you are a fan of Few Good Movie? Nice movie.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

leo

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Whatever we do DON'T teach kids the truth about anything.  They can't handle the truth!
So you are a fan of Few Good Men ? Nice movie
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .