News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

GODZILLA!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, February 26, 2014, 08:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

So the new trailer came out yesterday, and I've watched it about a hundred times. I think I'm going to watch it again once I post this. I have only seen one Godzilla movie in theaters (Godzilla 2000), so I'm really stoked! WHY CAN'T IT BE MAY ALREADY!?

[youtube:1x02hm44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc[/youtube:1x02hm44]
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hijiri Byakuren

Gawdzilla Sama

November 14th is the 60th Anniversary of "Gojira's" release, and they putting a digitally cleaned up copy of that in theaters this summer, or so I hear.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

Frankly, I don't see the point of another US Godzilla film. The Godzilla series didn't really hit its stride until they started putting the word "vs." in the title, anyway. Giant monster trashing a city, seen it. Two giant monsters have a domestic dispute in a city, now that's entertainment.

wolf39us

?? ??? ? ??? ?? !!  (RUN IT'S GODZILLA!!!)

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Frankly, I don't see the point of another US Godzilla film. The Godzilla series didn't really hit its stride until they started putting the word "vs." in the title, anyway. Giant monster trashing a city, seen it. Two giant monsters have a domestic dispute in a city, now that's entertainment.
The new film is going to have at least 2 other monsters besides Godzilla. :)

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"The new film is going to have at least 2 other monsters besides Godzilla. :)

Cool. Which ones?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"The new film is going to have at least 2 other monsters besides Godzilla. :)

Cool. Which ones?
New ones. They didn't have the budget for extra Toho monsters. They are reportedly similar to Kumonga and Megaguirus, though.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"New ones. They didn't have the budget for extra Toho monsters. They are reportedly similar to Kumonga and Megaguirus, though.

OK, cool. After being disappointed in the monsters from Pacific Rim, I'm wary. Sadly, both of those are just giant bugs, which may be the origin of those things in the film. I find that disappointing. Doesn't seem like they have much imagination anymore. Or maybe I'm just old and my imagination isn't so easily captivated. Either way, it's disappointing.

I also don't like how the one shot of big G in the trailer looked a little too much like the T-rex from Jurassic Park. The mouth is the same. It's just sad, really.

Also, I hope it's just giant monsters all the time. No smaller, more man-sized monsters as was seen in Pacific Rim with the baby Kaiju, Cloverfield with those lice things or the 1998 Godzilla's baby zillas. We already saw Jurassic Park. They don't have to keep following the T-rex/raptor formula. Goddammit. I tell you what, I'm going to wait for the reviews on this one and if there is even a hint that they did this in this movie, I won't go see it. And if I go see it because there was no mention and it turns out there is a smaller monster in it, I will immediately walk out and ask for my money back. I have never done that before, but I will do that here. With the new monsters being bugs, they may have that, too. It's easy to imagine a whole bunch of giant bugs, some bigger than others. This has become really depressing.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"

Cool. Which ones?
New ones. They didn't have the budget for extra Toho monsters. They are reportedly similar to Kumonga and Megaguirus, though.
PZ Myers

Minimalist

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"Frankly, I don't see the point of another US Godzilla film. The Godzilla series didn't really hit its stride until they started putting the word "vs." in the title, anyway. Giant monster trashing a city, seen it. Two giant monsters have a domestic dispute in a city, now that's entertainment.
The new film is going to have at least 2 other monsters besides Godzilla. :)

Is one of them Dick Cheney?
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"New ones. They didn't have the budget for extra Toho monsters. They are reportedly similar to Kumonga and Megaguirus, though.

OK, cool. After being disappointed in the monsters from Pacific Rim, I'm wary. Sadly, both of those are just giant bugs, which may be the origin of those things in the film. I find that disappointing. Doesn't seem like they have much imagination anymore. Or maybe I'm just old and my imagination isn't so easily captivated. Either way, it's disappointing.

I also don't like how the one shot of big G in the trailer looked a little too much like the T-rex from Jurassic Park. The mouth is the same. It's just sad, really.

Also, I hope it's just giant monsters all the time. No smaller, more man-sized monsters as was seen in Pacific Rim with the baby Kaiju, Cloverfield with those lice things or the 1998 Godzilla's baby zillas. We already saw Jurassic Park. They don't have to keep following the T-rex/raptor formula. Goddammit. I tell you what, I'm going to wait for the reviews on this one and if there is even a hint that they did this in this movie, I won't go see it. And if I go see it because there was no mention and it turns out there is a smaller monster in it, I will immediately walk out and ask for my money back. I have never done that before, but I will do that here. With the new monsters being bugs, they may have that, too. It's easy to imagine a whole bunch of giant bugs, some bigger than others. This has become really depressing.
Well even if they had the budget, there's no way Godzilla's first fight would be with a classic opponent like Mothra or King Ghidorah. You have to build up the mythology first.

darsenfeld

A real shitty film from long ago, but if the new film has a scene like this, I'll see it:

[youtube:11mv9fie]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVsI48kMB4k[/youtube:11mv9fie]
consistency is for dopes....