News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God bless you!

Started by Corporal Cross, February 22, 2014, 03:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

IF there is one observable law, it would first, require that everyone be cognizant of the breadth of the universe, and once that is done, that law would simply point out the measure of your insignificance. Your planet is a grain of sand to your galaxy as your galaxy is a grain of sand to the universe.

Grasp the breadth of the universe and you can see why the concept of a god is completely ridiculous and at the same time you can understand the desire for there to be one. Humans started worshipping their images of gods ten thousand years before yours came along. And if you cannot properly comprehend the incredible amount of time that is ten thousand years, you can never grasp 4 billion.

Quite simply, the universe it too large for a god to create humans in order that they worship him. That would require arrogance of epic proportion.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Sal1981

Quote from: "Corporal Cross"What is the one observable law of the universe?
Uhm, changes are constant ... (?)

I don't know what you're fishing for with such a general question, so.

stromboli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_law

QuoteA physical law or scientific law, according to the Oxford English dictionary, "is a theoretical principle deduced from particular facts, applicable to a defined group or class of phenomena, and expressible by the statement that a particular phenomenon always occurs if certain conditions be present."[1] Physical laws are typically conclusions based on repeated scientific experiments and observations over many years and which have become accepted universally within the scientific community. The production of a summary description of our environment in the form of such laws is a fundamental aim of science. These terms are not used the same way by all authors.

If by laws you are fishing for some universal constant that includes human beings within it, forget it. Human beings are an invasive species on a planet with a habitable, temperate, oxygen rich atmosphere.

Hijiri Byakuren

Ladies and gentlemen, it seems we have another Christard who never passed a highschool chemistry class.

Look, I normally don't break out the insults this early, but when you come to a forum full of people who have at least a working understanding of science and then ask us a question that stupid while pretending to know anything about the subject, you're asking for it.

Here are some general guidelines to follow while visiting us on our forum. Read them carefully so you don't get confused:
  • Every argument you make about religion is one we have heard a thousand times.
  • Most of what you say will be dismissed out of hand. (See above.)
  • If we're in a good mood, we'll answer your arguments.
  • If you answer our counterpoints by repeating your assertion, we'll make fun of you.
  • If you're a good boy and we're feeling exceptionally generous, we might actually take the time to explain our beliefs and the reasoning behind them to you.
  • Should you demonstrate the latter point to be a waste of our time, we usually start calling for the banhammer.
  • Besides you, we have exactly one theist on the forum at the moment who has not either left or been banned.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

the_antithesis

People are stupid.

Think about it, if you can.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm convinced the OP IS in fact the real YANNO... YANNO come baaaccckkk! :shock:
actually yanno, the OP is safely back at church telling Pastor X, 'I TRIED to get them to listen to me! I really did! I tried reason and well thought out logic till the first guy threatened to KILL me for my holy Walmart watch! They're evil Pastor X!'  [-(
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Moralnihilist

Death comes to all living things.

That is a universal truth
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Shol'va

What is the one observable law of the universe?

That it is made of protons, neutrons, electrons and morons.

Moriarty

Quote from: "stromboli"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_law

QuoteA physical law or scientific law, according to the Oxford English dictionary, "is a theoretical principle deduced from particular facts, applicable to a defined group or class of phenomena, and expressible by the statement that a particular phenomenon always occurs if certain conditions be present."[1] Physical laws are typically conclusions based on repeated scientific experiments and observations over many years and which have become accepted universally within the scientific community. The production of a summary description of our environment in the form of such laws is a fundamental aim of science. These terms are not used the same way by all authors.

If by laws you are fishing for some universal constant that includes human beings within it, forget it. Human beings are an invasive species on a planet with a habitable, temperate, oxygen rich atmosphere.

For at least a little while longer.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

stromboli

As opposed to an oxygen deficient atmosphere.  :-D

PopeyesPappy

Don't piss into the wind? Or is it don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mermaid

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"
Don't piss into the wind? Or is it don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger?
I think it's either "Lord loves a workin' man" or "Don't trust whitey". I can't remember which.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"
You don't mess around with Jim.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

You don't tug on superman's cape.

StupidWiz

"God Bless You!"

Which god? the only god that I knew was Allah and it's an asshole bigot jerk.  :-&
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia