News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

LoonWatch

Started by VladK, February 16, 2014, 08:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladK

Supposedly a website meant to combat "Islamophobia", it's really nothing more than a site made by Islamic apologists who want to whitewash Islam and demonize all its critics, no matter what their criticism consists of. Whether you say something outrageously stupid like "Nuke Mecca" or simply state that "Islam has a sexist doctrine" and quote the Qur'an, you are a "loon" and an "Islamophobe" and you're the devil basically. Even Dawkins made their list and he's hardly a hatemonger.

Here is an article dealing with a recent plane hijacking by a Ukrainian (presumably an Orthodox Christian) who wanted to divert the plane to the Olympics in Sochi.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2014/02/anothe ... ochi-plot/
http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/hijacker-t ... hi-5826760

Now this article is clearly meant to whitewash the link between Islam and the global terrorism we've been seeing since 9/11. Cause, see? Even non-Muslims can be terrorists, including using the same tactic Al'Qaeda used. Except, it ignores the magnitude of the problem.

This was ONE man, apparently acting alone, drunk off his butt and a complete amateur since whatever plan he had for Sochi failed. He had no training, no bomb and he was one guy, not part of any terror cell, and he didn't justify it in the name of Christianity or any religion for that matter. Indeed in none of these Eastern European countries that have been screwed over by Russia you'll find any Christian or atheist or Jewish terror network plotting attacks in Russia. (Although a lot of terror plots do come out of Chechnya, which is part of Russia and is a Muslim majority region. Hmm, coincidence? Not a chance.)

Yet we're supposed to believe the threat of jihad terrorism and the threat of terrorism by lone wolfs who are largely amateurs is exactly the same. What a piece of propaganda trash.

Oh and it's interesting how they have to bring up the fact that Turkish Muslims saved the day. I mean this is Turkey, its Islamic identity has been heavily watered down by Ataturk's reforms who made the country secular in government and culture. Nevermind that nations have various treaties so they're going to cooperate with these cases, it's not exactly good for them either to have hijacked planes flying over their land. Man, LoonWatch sucks. Bunch of snake oil salesmen.

Hijiri Byakuren

With the sheer virulence of militant Islam combined with all the Quranic passages that justify it in no uncertain terms, I don't understand how anyone can delude themselves into thinking that it is a fundamentally peaceful religion.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Damarcus

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"With the sheer virulence of militant Islam combined with all the Quranic passages that justify it in no uncertain terms, I don't understand how anyone can delude themselves into thinking that it is a fundamentally peaceful religion.
It's an attempt to reconcile an outdated and barbaric religion with the modern world. Most Muslims aren't terrorists. Most Muslims also don't follow the Quran to the letter either. It's easy to think your religion is peaceful when you don't actually follow the holy books correctly...
Quote from: \"Tony Harrison\""This is an outrage!"

Quote from: \"Plu\"When you can\'t wield logic, everything sounds like an insult.

VladK

Although I have to say sometimes it's hard to tell if the Islamic apologist in question is a genuine reformer who really does just mind his own business or just a liar playing the "long game", preaching peace while his Muslim community is weak or outnumbered and changing the tune when it becomes stronger, more influential or more numerous.

Take CAIR for example. They claim to be moderate, but a lot that's been reported about them, the people they employ, hang around with, their founders, all seems to betray that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"With the sheer virulence of militant Islam combined with all the Quranic passages that justify it in no uncertain terms, I don't understand how anyone can delude themselves into thinking that it is a fundamentally peaceful religion.

You mean not being powerful and good at politics as the christian army, I suppose. Give them some time.

In islamic countries people do not have the 1/100 of 'freedom' of consumption. They do not have middle classes. They do not have the various cultural means to be manipulated into some set of bullshit arguments to politics or war. They just have the religion and everything runs on that. And America is approaching to that picture with its wealth distribution. And when it came to that point, all the concepts, politics and their names will have transformed and people will still think that theirs is different. :lol:

Exactly like American Christians, Muslims grow up with the same political correctness, away from the genocidal part of their doctrine. Do you understand how republicans, christian fundies can delude themselves into thinking what they think?
Maybe I was being a bit disingenuous. I do understand how they delude themselves. It still astonishes me just how ingrained it is, though.

stromboli

Shoe makes some very good points. Any society that has a closed nature- and that includes certain Christian sects- tend to be exclusive of other beliefs out of cultural differences. I have seen a lot of parallels between Islam and Mormonism, for example. And I agree, general human traits lend themselves to it.

VladK

I really don't see your point, drunkenshoe. There was a poll done a while ago by Pew Research in various Muslim majority countries and Turkey came out one of the least religious (in terms of wanting Sharia law, although a good chunk do support Sharia law). While Erdogan wants to take the country in another direction, the population is still not as fundamentalist as say, Egypt where far more people percentage wise support Sharia law.

So yes, Turkey isn't as Islamic as other countries. I don't believe there is any way to be a devout, mainstream, Sunni Muslim (Turkey claims to be Sunni) and NOT support Sharia law. All 4 schools of Sunni Islam promote theocracy.

Insult to Rocks

Shoe, you're missing the biggest point in Islam in regads to terrorism: no religion glorifies martyrs and murderers as much as Islam does. That is not to say that other religions don't or that society does not play into the fact. But Islam is the most extreme and violent mainstream religion out there, and it offers a fast tract to heaven for martyrs.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"Shoe, you're missing the biggest point in Islam in regads to terrorism: no religion glorifies martyrs and murderers as much as Islam does. That is not to say that other religions don't or that society does not play into the fact. But Islam is the most extreme and violent mainstream religion out there, and it offers a fast tract to heaven for martyrs.

Don't forget the Army of God, religion in itself inevitably begets extremism.

Islam has just been the one that's been the most active in recent years.

There was also Aum Shrinrikyo, a Japanese cult that committed terror attacks in the 90's. They combined beliefs of Christianity and apocalypse theories
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"Shoe, you're missing the biggest point in Islam in regads to terrorism: no religion glorifies martyrs and murderers as much as Islam does. That is not to say that other religions don't or that society does not play into the fact. But Islam is the most extreme and violent mainstream religion out there, and it offers a fast tract to heaven for martyrs.
It's the one most remembered for doing so, at any rate. I think if you really did the research you would find that Christianity does it just as much or more, but that it's under-reported. We had Ten Commandment law being violently enforced as recently as Joseph Kony's group, after all.

AtDawnTheySquee

The biggest bitch about Islam is that if you were talk smack about it you'd end up getting death threats. Danish cartoonist anyone? How about the Dutch film maker who was killed for making an anti-Islamic film?

Also I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Kosovo yet, it's like 95% Muslim. And yes it is a country. For a Muslim majority country it seems pretty decent.

AtDawnTheySquee

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Lol, assuming they know that it exists?
I mean't that certain countries *cough*Serbia*cough* don't recognize it's independence.

Moriarty

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"
Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Lol, assuming they know that it exists?
I mean't that certain countries *cough*Serbia*cough* don't recognize it's independence.

Ah, you don't know the 'rules'?

*Whispers. That doesn't go well, because it's a Christian country committed genocide on a muslim population. That doesn't count. Not a big deal. Nobody will force them politically to pay or put an embargo act. So 'we' don't talk about it. Exactly like 'we' don't talk about the the 'Development' of Israel map, Native American Genocide, the real body count in "War against Terrorism"...etc. Of course you can make a post or a thread, just don't expect any real response. ;)

But we MUST rant about a bunch of muslims who are trying to make some media on condemning a few terrorist attempts. *Looks at the arrow head. Orcs! :rolleyes:

In the end does it really matter how peaceful any one religion may or not be? They're all as guilty and dangerous based solely on teaching ignorance and stupidity.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

the2ndcominofjebus

The thing about islam that makes it crazy.. is exactly how mindless it is. I can give christians some credit for at least thinking you can have proof of "god's" existence on this earth. Go read up on the miracles muslims believe in.. like, spiritual awakening. Knowing in your heart? Woohoo! Let's hate everything in site and wear funny hats based on this. It's completely ridiculous.
"If god doesn\'t like the way I live, let him tell me, not you."

"Give a man a fish, and you\'ll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he\'ll starve to death while praying for a fish."

frosty

There are all types of different 'watch' sites on the net. This site is just another one of them. There will always be people defending all types of outdated, hateful and forceful ideologies, and this is one of them. I've talked to those types of people too many times before, unfortunately, and they personally believe they are on some type of valiant, righteous mission to correct the wrongs of the world, stand up for the oppressed, and promote what they see as "good" things.

They were probably the kids that cried in school and told the teacher when another kid told them their drawing sucked.