Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Re: What is the purpose of life?

Started by GrinningYMIR, February 12, 2014, 10:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "leo"
Quote from: "ciko"
Quote from: "leo"Dude . It doesn't matter what you said or believe. Facts are facts. If you want to ignore facts. That's your problem. [-X  [-X

no it is not fact, it is a theory, fact is when yo udo experiment and observe changes and see the result then it is a fact.

but theory of evolution is just theory. not a fact.
Let's get to the point. Why are you here ? You will never convert any of us to Islam.  So the only reason I can see is that you are here for trolling. Trolls are eaten alive in this site. You should avoid any bad time. :roll: 8-)

He is the perfect poster boy as to why the Islamic countries are some of the most backward countries on this planet. Pathetic.

Jason78

Quote from: "ciko"What is the purpose of life, atheists? do you have any answer?

You might as well ask "What is the purpose of a rock?".   The answer is the same.

See if you can guess what the correct answer is.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

SGOS

Quote from: "ciko"The purpose of life for humans here on earth is to be tested by God if we will do good deeds and follow his commandments, or if shall do evil deeds and abandon Gods commandments.

how do i know this

God tell us that in the Quran why he created us:
So this passes the test of a universal truth because you and your friends believe in the Quran?  This is called the argument from numbers or from popular opinion, and it's a fallacy.  Most people in the world disregard the Quran as a source of truth, so even there, your argument from numbers would be weak, weaker still if you claim that arguments from popular opinion are valid.

Jason78

Quote from: "ciko"gravity is not a theory it is a fact.

So is evolution.   We see it happen, and we've also got a theory about how it happens.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Insult to Rocks

On the thread topic, why do you think having a purpose since birth would even be a good thing? I consider having a pre-destined purpose to be horrifying and suffecating. You may find being told who you are and what you're going to do comforting, but I find it morally wrong. And if I were to decide a purpose for myself in life, I would say it would be to right such moral wrongs using what little skil and knowledge I have.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

SGOS

Quote from: "Jason78"

So is evolution.   We see it happen, and we've also got a theory about how it happens.
I'm not sure but I think his definition of theory might be "the opposite of fact" or something like that.

Hijiri Byakuren

The Theory of Gravity:
QuoteThe theory that any two particles of matter attract one another with a force directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

It's just a theory, though. :wink:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Insult to Rocks

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "ciko"What is the purpose of life, atheists? do you have any answer?

You might as well ask "What is the purpose of a rock?".   The answer is the same.

See if you can guess what the correct answer is.

purpose of rock is to entertain people, to lead them to satan beacuse in rock bands there is much satanic influence, if you analyze texts from metallica, montley crue, doors, rolling stones and many other, you will see that they propagate satanism.

THE SATANIC ROOTS OF ROCK
http://www.av1611.org/othpubls/roots.html
You can't be serious. #-o  HE SAID "A ROCK". AS IN, A SINGULAR ROCK. LIKE A LARGE PEBBLE.
As for your stupid assertion about rock and roll, even the dumbest of theists gave up on that battle years ago. You seem to do whatever your religious leaders tell you to do, so why don't you follow their example and leave the dead horse alone?
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

Insult to Rocks

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"On the thread topic, why do you think having a purpose since birth would even be a good thing? I consider having a pre-destined purpose to be horrifying and suffecating. You may find being told who you are and what you're going to do comforting, but I find it morally wrong. And if I were to decide a purpose for myself in life, I would say it would be to right such moral wrongs using what little skil and knowledge I have.

Quotewhy do you think having a purpose since birth would even be a good thing?

it is not a good or a bad thing it is something logical.

you cant exclude humans from having purpose while everything else have some kind of purpose
First, not everything has a purpose. Plenty of non-living matter has no purpose. Second, you cannot assume that just because something is true for some things, that it is true for all.
-- H. L. Mencken

Plu

The problem with all these purposes is that humans come up with them. But if you're so hot on purpose, what is the purpose of flesh eating bacteria? I'd like to hear your opinion.

Hydra009

Stuff falling down = fact
The model explaining this observation = theory

LRN2sci

Plu

Quotegive me an example wich has no purpose.

What's the purpose of a Neutrino?

SGOS

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"You can't be serious. #-o  HE SAID "A ROCK". AS IN, A SINGULAR ROCK. LIKE A LARGE PEBBLE.
Oh, "A rock".  Well then, the purpose of that kind of rock is to stone women who bring shame upon the family.

SGOS

Quote from: "Plu"
Quotegive me an example wich has no purpose.

What's the purpose of a Neutrino?
It probably plays a role in making other stuff, like clay, which God needed to make Adam.

Hydra009

Quote from: "ciko"so what more purpose of rocks?

people can use rocks to create stabile houses. and there is more usefull stuff with rocks. but that is enough.
And the rocks on Mars?  Martian houses?   :-k #-o