Rand Paul attacks Hillary over Lewinsky

Started by mykcob4, January 27, 2014, 01:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykcob4

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"
Quote from: "mykcob4"basing the economy on a gold standard is outdated and unrealistic.

I don't believe I over looked this point.  It's a good one.

Libertarians believe in a gold standard.
Conservatives think a gold standard is outdated and unrealistic.
mykcob4 thinks a gold standard is outdated and unrealistic.

mykcob4 agrees with conservatives that libertarians are wrong.

Ergo mykcob4 is a conservative?
An illustration of your lack of logic and critical thinking. I am not a conservative. You like to label people and then bash them for the label that you hung on them.
Since the world has abandoned the gold standard for speculation, there isn't enough raw gold in the world to equal the value of the economy. Not without making gold outrageously valuable, so yes it is outdated and unrealistic. That fact does not make me a conservative for recognizing that glaring fact.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "mykcob4"basing the economy on a gold standard is outdated and unrealistic.

An illustration of your lack of logic and critical thinking. I am not a conservative. You like to label people and then bash them for the label that you hung on them.
Since the world has abandoned the gold standard for speculation, there isn't enough raw gold in the world to equal the value of the economy. Not without making gold outrageously valuable, so yes it is outdated and unrealistic. That fact does not make me a conservative for recognizing that glaring fact.
Not to mention nations had been left destitute when we still used the gold standard when other nations or even ccreditors demanded payment in gold.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason Harvestdancer

It is your position that even though libertarians and conservatives disagree on civil liberty, economics, and foreign policy, that they are still somehow mysteriously the same.  Yet here I find you agreeing with conservatives against libertarians.

I don't seriously believe you are a conservative, even though I just showed you are closer to them than libertarians are.  But I demonstrated the same logic and critical thinking you demonstrated when you claimed that there is no difference in spite of the many differences I listed.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

AllPurposeAtheist

Jason,  the only thing you've demonstrated is you think if only we all just vote for the Paul clan all will rejoice and live in nirvana.   :rolleyes:

mykcob4

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"I don't seriously believe you are a conservative, even though I just showed you are closer to them than libertarians are.  But I demonstrated the same logic and critical thinking you demonstrated when you claimed that there is no difference in spite of the many differences I listed.

Nope you didn't demonstrate that at all. You may have thought you had, but you most definitely didn't. I have only seen libertarians agreeing with conservatives. I haven't seen their actions differing from conservatives at all.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"I don't seriously believe you are a conservative, even though I just showed you are closer to them than libertarians are.  But I demonstrated the same logic and critical thinking you demonstrated when you claimed that there is no difference in spite of the many differences I listed.

Nope you didn't demonstrate that at all. You may have thought you had, but you most definitely didn't.

That can only mean one of three things:
1.  Libertarians oppose the gold standard
2.  Conservatives support the gold standard
3.  Progressives support the gold standard

In order for me to have not demonstrated that you are closer to conservative than I am, one of those three statements must be true.  Which of those three statements do you say is true?

In order for me to have not demonstrated that you are closer to conservative than I am, one of those three statements must be true.  All three of those statements are fall.
P -> Q
~Q
:: ~P

Quote from: "mykcob4"I have only seen libertarians agreeing with conservatives. I haven't seen their actions differing from conservatives at all.
[/quote]

You start by saying "I define libertarians as conservatives.  Therefore when a conservative speaks I also see a libertarian saying the same thing."  You aren't polling among self-identified libertarians.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

mykcob4

Nope you didn't demonstrate that at all. You may have thought you had, but you most definitely didn't.

That can only mean one of three things:
1.  Libertarians oppose the gold standard
2.  Conservatives support the gold standard
3.  Progressives support the gold standard

In order for me to have not demonstrated that you are closer to conservative than I am, one of those three statements must be true.  Which of those three statements do you say is true?

In order for me to have not demonstrated that you are closer to conservative than I am, one of those three statements must be true.  All three of those statements are fall.
P -> Q
~Q
:: ~P

Quote from: "mykcob4"I have only seen libertarians agreeing with conservatives. I haven't seen their actions differing from conservatives at all.

You start by saying "I define libertarians as conservatives.  Therefore when a conservative speaks I also see a libertarian saying the same thing."  You aren't polling among self-identified libertarians.[/quote]
If you think that the gold standard alone defines a  whole political idealism then you are severely short sighted.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'd give my debit card and pin number to be a fly on the wall when mykcob and jason face off at the Lovers Spatoffs!  :shock:

*pissing them both off might mend this rift.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "mykcob4"If you think that the gold standard alone defines a  whole political idealism then you are severely short sighted.

I define it as an area where you are conservative, you conservative you.

mykcob4

Quote from: "mykcob4"If you think that the gold standard alone defines a  whole political idealism then you are severely short sighted.

I define it as an area where you are conservative, you conservative you.
It doesn't matter what YOU define me as because you don't get to define me, nor do you get to hijack Liberal for YOUR conservative political agenda.
That's what pisses you off. the fact that you try and hijack a term, misuse it and you get caught and called out on it. Well that is just too bad.

Jason Harvestdancer

Actually a thought occurred to me regarding this subject.

For the last several years, in anticipation of a Hillary Clinton candidacy, the Democrats have been playing up a Republican war on women.  Every time you turn around you hear from Democrats about how much Republicans hate women.

This is in anticipation of a Hillary Clinton candidacy.  Yet the Clinton administration is a perfect example of an actual war on women.  How many remember how Gennifer Flowers was talked about over and over as a liar and an "example of what happens when you drag a $20 through a trailer park"?  Eventually it was shown that yes, Gennifer Flowers was one of the many women of Bill.  Then there was the whole denial of anything happening with Lewinsky, to the point where Hillary said that anyone who thought that there was something there was part of a "vast right wing conspiracy".  As it turns out, there was something there, which means I guess that Bill was part of a vast right wing conspiracy.  Oh, and Juanita Broaddrick.  For months after she first made her accusation the response from anyone who liked Bill Clinton was "who?" no matter how many times they'd heard the name.

The eight years that Bill was president is a good example of a war on women.  And now the chief defamer and chief enabler of a real war on women is planning to run on a platform of opposing a war on women.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"Excuse my ignorance, but  may someone explain to me what is the actual platform of the libertarians? I have been hearing their name a lot lately, but I do not know what it represents.

Quote from: "mykcob4"You can go to their national website.
http://www.lp.org/
It's a bunch of bullshit. They're just republicans that are embarrassed by the brand. Same crap different name. They all vote republican, run on the republican ticket, caucus with republicans, speak at tea party rallies, everything republican.

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"I stopped reading when I saw that they actually used the phrase "Big Government" in a totaly serious context. :shock:

Quote from: "mykcob4"here's the thing. Forever republicans have been protecting the wealthy and holding down everyone else.

Yeah, the question was about libertarians.  You spectacularly failed to address the topic.