Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I Challenge You To a Debate

Started by Casparov, April 18, 2014, 09:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shol'va

Quote from: Casparov on May 31, 2014, 03:28:04 AM
Your arguments are:

1) Materialism is just true because. Period.
2) Plus even if I believed you I wouldn't get anything out of it anyway.

No, those are the beginnings of a conversation I have no interest in exploring deeply with you because there is no incentive for me to do so. Not only that, but you have clearly demonstrated you are not interested in honest discourse and discussion. And on top of all that, you've also lied about your past dialogue on this subject, and continue to lie and misrepresent scientific discovery to fit your useless and needless hard solipsism.
So while you continue to parade your ignorance and poor excuse of a reason to feel superior to others that disagree with your preconceived notions, I am going to continue to do something useful with my time, while occasionally choosing to entertain your poor arguments.
The "your problem" starts with your doubting the nature of our existence. You have the map in your hands, and are equipped with an absolute refusal to look at it, all the while looking in the hands of others and saying "yeah, that's definitely an illusion".
I can't walk the path for you. That's something only you can do.

What's particularly interesting to me is that you feel both qualified and informed to make any sort of statement as to the nature of this virtual reality "model" and how one would expect it to act, behave, what shortcomings it might have, etc. You've done this in the past by asserting how we would expect the VR model to behave, and then shoehorned bad scientific conclusions right in.

stromboli

At the end of the day I continue to think he got inspired by philosophy 101 and still lives in his mama's basement.

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

stromboli

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on June 02, 2014, 10:23:42 PM
Is he still here?

Nope. I noticed that when I put him on ignore, the thread got a whole lot shorter.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on June 02, 2014, 10:23:42 PM
Is he still here?
Technically, he isn't banned. But he made a thread where he promised to fuck off for good. Yay!

PickelledEggs

Well, love him or hate him...  He's the first person to actually get us to make use of the debate section...  That is...  If we even exist...  :lol:

Sent via your mom.