News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

OCD, Coincidences, and Faith.

Started by inflection2495, February 06, 2014, 08:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Wow. If you make a claim it is your responsibility to prove it.

We don't claim there is a god, therefore we don't have to prove it. The Null Hypothesis:

Quote:
"In statistical inference of observed data of a scientific experiment, the null hypothesis refers to a general or default position: that there is no relationship between two measured phenomena,[1] or that a potential medical treatment has no effect.[2] Rejecting or disproving the null hypothesis – and thus concluding that there are grounds for believing that there is a relationship between two phenomena or that a potential treatment has a measurable effect – is a central task in the modern practice of science, and gives a precise sense in which a claim is capable of being proven false."

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence. To say that something can't be proven because there is no evidence and therefore we can accept it on faith, is a flawed argument.

If you fish in a pond and catch no fish
If you look in the pond and see no fish
If you dive in the pond and find no fish

You can conclude there are no fish.

A complete lack of evidence says something doesn't exist. To prove it does exist is therefore the responsibility of the claimer.

Mister Agenda

Welcome, inflection!

Inability to believe things can be coincidental is the foundation of religion and conspiracy theories.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "irish"I don't give a shit about your truth.  You sound like a typical whiny atheist if you want me to share my opinion of you. @@

Is this what you think of your sister? Has it occurred to you that if you sincerely want to learn about atheists, you might want to ask them sincere (not loaded, like 'why are you so immoral?) questions? If you came here to learn about atheists, why are you just bickering with us. There aren't any forums on any topics where someone can breeze in with the attitude you're taking and be well received.

Don't you owe it to your sister to be even-handed in your investigation?
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

stromboli

Irish is a judgmental asshole. That is why he is here.

Moriarty

Quote from: "stromboli"Irish is a judgmental asshole. That is why he is here.

Concise, accurate, to the point and short........I like it~
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

leo

Quote from: "stromboli"Irish is a judgmental asshole. That is why he is here.
And a hypocrite too. He likes to masturbate with pics and vids of naked ladies. According to his sick religion that's a sin. He reminds me of the don jon movie dude.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

josephpalazzo

Irish is a troll. Probably knows very well the other troll... what was her name again?... oh wait, it was Eve.  :roll: