News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

OCD, Coincidences, and Faith.

Started by inflection2495, February 06, 2014, 08:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "irish"[Only a fool believes there is no God.
Irish.
There a lot of atheist idiots in the world as well.  They stand around spending time and energy demanding that there is a God be proven to them.

Irish thinks we are fools, we must check our position and try harder.

I realised why I find you extra annoying Irish. You sound exactly like an average Turkish man. With every reaction of yours, almost even the words match in some way. You would never guess that would you? Well I am so sorry about that, but yes it is true.

I don't give a shit about your truth.  You sound like a typical whiny atheist if you want me to share my opinion of you. @@

irish

Quote from: "Moriarty"Talk about doing drugs and/or being gay? Do you not see that you're killing your own supposed points? Your morality (likely religiously based) cannot be pushed onto others. In the religious world "doing drugs" and/or "Being gay" are wrong, in reality they're life choices not bound by your subjective ethic and moral rational.

In reality they are choices bound by the law.  Drugs in some state get you to prison.  Being gay is disordered and gay marriage is not legal in many states.

Irish.
Really this is pathetic if this is the atheist life and to be pitied and prayed for.

Moriarty

Quote from: "irish"
Quote from: "Moriarty"Talk about doing drugs and/or being gay? Do you not see that you're killing your own supposed points? Your morality (likely religiously based) cannot be pushed onto others. In the religious world "doing drugs" and/or "Being gay" are wrong, in reality they're life choices not bound by your subjective ethic and moral rational.

In reality they are choices bound by the law.  Drugs in some state get you to prison.  Being gay is disordered and gay marriage is not legal in many states.

Irish.
Really this is pathetic if this is the atheist life and to be pitied and prayed for.

And if you haven't noticed the laws are falling as unconstitutional one by one, even drug laws are easing in the U.S. and there is even open talk of ending the "war on drugs" other nations have already decriminalized them and that is also where we are heading. Religious influence over people is ending and the writing is on the wall, I am sorry if you don't see how "Religion poisons everything.".
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

Insult to Rocks

Irish.
Do not pity me, or anyone else on this site. You are only allowed here because we are open minded enough to allow a free forum for all discussion and ideas. You, on the other hand, see us a pathetic wretches simply because our beliefs have evidence, wheras your's do not.
Oh, and please take your homophobic preaching somewhere else. As for your examples, it used to be illegal for women to hold political office, or for couples to divorce without a criminal ocurrance, and in some places it is still illegal to practice free religion, such as yours. Being illegal does not make it wrong.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

irish

Quote from: "Moriarty"

Irish.

And if you haven't noticed the laws are falling as unconstitutional one by one, even drug laws are easing in the U.S. and there is even open talk of ending the "war on drugs" other nations have already decriminalized them and that is also where we are heading. Religious influence over people is ending and the writing is on the wall, I am sorry if you don't see how "Religion poisons everything.".

Are you for real?  Religion ruins you doing drugs?  Why do drugs can't you live without them or what? Good God, how sad.
Irish.

irish

Oh, and please take your homophobic preaching somewhere else. As for your examples, it used to be illegal for women to hold political office, or for couples to divorce without a criminal ocurrance, and in some places it is still illegal to practice free religion, such as yours. Being illegal does not make it wrong.[/quote]

I was talking specifically about legalizing drugs. Why the need for it?
Irish.

Moriarty

Quote from: "irish"In reality they are choices bound by the law.  Drugs in some state get you to prison.  Being gay is disordered and gay marriage is not legal in many states.

Irish.

Are you for real?  Religion ruins you doing drugs?  Why do drugs can't you live without them or what? Good God, how sad.
Irish.

Where did I say anything about personally choosing to do drugs or encourage anyone else to do them? I simply do not care if that is a persons choice,  it is there's to make in my opinion. I helped acquit someone on a drug charge just by being a dick on a jury and refusing to vote guilty because it's wrong. Such is life.

However, I fail to see the possibility of continuing to talk with you if your basic reading comprehension does not improve.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

Insult to Rocks

Quote from: "irish"Oh, and please take your homophobic preaching somewhere else. As for your examples, it used to be illegal for women to hold political office, or for couples to divorce without a criminal ocurrance, and in some places it is still illegal to practice free religion, such as yours. Being illegal does not make it wrong.

Irish.[/quote]
Were you raised on afterschool specials or something? "Drugs" are more complicated than many make them out to be. For example, people want to legalize marijuana, not meth or PCP. Namely beacuse pot doesn't cause people to try to rip their skin off.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

Moriarty

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"
Quote from: "irish"Oh, and please take your homophobic preaching somewhere else. As for your examples, it used to be illegal for women to hold political office, or for couples to divorce without a criminal ocurrance, and in some places it is still illegal to practice free religion, such as yours. Being illegal does not make it wrong.

Irish.
Were you raised on afterschool specials or something? "Drugs" are more complicated than many make them out to be. For example, people want to legalize marijuana, not meth or PCP. Namely beacuse pot doesn't cause people to try to rip their skin off.[/quote]

Actually I'm for complete decriminalization. Not saying drugs are good, just my opinion that they're more of a health issue than a law enforcement one. No reasons to continue to lock up millions of Americans each year in an already over burdened system for drugs. This, of course, does not (For me anyway) include certain large scale abuses.

Decriminalization works elsewhere in the world, such as Portugal. No reason to assume it wouldn't here too.
<Insert witty remark>

Insult to Rocks

QuoteActually I'm for complete decriminalization. Not saying drugs are good, just my opinion that they're more of a health issue than a law enforcement one. No reasons to continue to lock up millions of Americans each year in an already over burdened system for drugs. This, of course, does not (For me anyway) include certain large scale abuses.

Decriminalization works elsewhere in the world, such as Portugal. No reason to assume it wouldn't here too.
The problem is drugs like PCP and LSD that pose a danger to people other than the user. Drugs like that would be near impossible to regulate.
Wait, why are we talking about drugs again?
-- H. L. Mencken

Moriarty

QuoteActually I'm for complete decriminalization. Not saying drugs are good, just my opinion that they're more of a health issue than a law enforcement one. No reasons to continue to lock up millions of Americans each year in an already over burdened system for drugs. This, of course, does not (For me anyway) include certain large scale abuses.

The problem is drugs like PCP and LSD that pose a danger to people other than the user. Drugs like that would be near impossible to regulate.

Probably because I'm relatively new here!?@
<Insert witty remark>

Insult to Rocks

Probably because I'm relatively new here!?@
No, I just mean in this thread in particular. :)  Hey, you have over ten posts now. If you really want to talk about our opinions on recreational drugs, why not start a thread on it?
-- H. L. Mencken

stromboli

And please note that the constraints against human freedom were created by the religious. Nothing wrong with Marijuana, it was considered a healing herb for centuries. It was good Christians who demonized it and put hundreds of thousands people in prison for the wrong reasons.

Your religion created laws that were racist and backward. Your whole mindset is backward. Your beliefs are the product of 2,000 year old thinking. Educated professionals are more and more becoming atheists. I can pretty well determine you are not one of those.

Moriarty

It is highly likely! I just wanted to avoid the introduction thing because........well they make me all disjointed and clumsy~ (As in I would have written a dissertation. I am a big fan of ~ for some reason, get use to it?)
<Insert witty remark>

Insult to Rocks

Quote from: "Moriarty"It is highly likely! I just wanted to avoid the introduction thing because........well they make me all disjointed and clumsy~ (I am a big fan of ~ for some reason, get use to it?)
Thats fine. Honestly, I think debating with an idiotic theist is a pretty good introduction.
-- H. L. Mencken