I am laughing WITH Pat Robertson and not at him for once

Started by PickelledEggs, February 05, 2014, 04:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poison Tree

Robertson has criticized young earth creationists a few times.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

If you sent ol Patty Boy enough cash he'd blow you on the 700 club and swallow with a cum eating grin. :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

This is Robertson playing the percentages. He knows how to stay on the winning side.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Atheon

Pat Robertson has made some surprisingly non-crazy statements over the last few years. His brain must be frazzling. Or else he's just doing what it takes to maximize his income.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: "stromboli"This is Robertson playing the percentages. He knows how to stay on the winning side.
His divinely-decreed 2-term presidency for Mitt Romney says otherwise.

I'd say that he preaches to a conservative Christians base and tries to stick to that without going too batshit, which has go to be a monumental feat.  The fact that he occasionally speaks sense while maintaining the farce is a small credit to his otherwise repugnant character.

Hydra009

Also, 1800s = Middle Ages?!   #-o  lol, that date is closer to the present than the Middle Ages!

AllPurposeAtheist

You know..if you agree there are telephone poles you're also agreeing with the crazy guy on the corner there are telephone poles, but are they controlling your mind? Only mofo can really answer that.  :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mister Agenda

If I were an evangelical atheist, I would consider Ken Ham to be a gift. He's doing more to discredit Christians than I ever could.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina