News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Verse 9:29

Started by VladK, February 03, 2014, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankDK

> Vishnu is the All-Pervading One, The Power of the Supreme Being...while Allah is The Majestic, The Supreme, The Arbitrator and The All-Embracing...
They are Singular Names applied to a Singular God (that Encompasses all Gods)

Gods that people made up.  There's no evidence that any of them exist.  Just because you believe it doesn't make it true.

Frank

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "FrankDK"> Vishnu is the All-Pervading One, The Power of the Supreme Being...while Allah is The Majestic, The Supreme, The Arbitrator and The All-Embracing...
They are Singular Names applied to a Singular God (that Encompasses all Gods)

Gods that people made up.  There's no evidence that any of them exist.  Just because you believe it doesn't make it true.

Frank

And there never will be any evidence...Never until you die.
Hi I make music and stuff. You may be surprised.
https://soundcloud.com/sinclair-12

FrankDK

> And there never will be any evidence...Never until you die.

Well, you finally admitted there is no evidence and there never will be.

What happens if, when you die, you find out the Catholics were right?  You are going to Hell.  What if the Baptists were right?  You are going to Hell.  What if the Jehovah's Witnesses were right?  The Seventh Day Adventists?  The Mormons?  The Hindus?  People have invented thousands of gods.  Even if we assume there is a god (which there probably isn't), the chances of your chosen god being the real one are vanishingly small.

If you choose to believe in one particular god or another, I support your right to do so.  I don't support your trying to foist your beliefs on others, or making laws or killing people based on your interpretation of what you think your probably nonexistent god may have said.

Frank

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "FrankDK"> And there never will be any evidence...Never until you die.

Well, you finally admitted there is no evidence and there never will be.

What happens if, when you die, you find out the Catholics were right?  You are going to Hell.  What if the Baptists were right?  You are going to Hell.  What if the Jehovah's Witnesses were right?  The Seventh Day Adventists?  The Mormons?  The Hindus?  People have invented thousands of gods.  Even if we assume there is a god (which there probably isn't), the chances of your chosen god being the real one are vanishingly small.

If you choose to believe in one particular god or another, I support your right to do so.  I don't support your trying to foist your beliefs on others, or making laws or killing people based on your interpretation of what you think your probably nonexistent god may have said.

Frank
Of course there will never be any...Can you fathom a day when humans transcend time and space and attempt to reach god? These realms are Universal and Stagnant, which means that they are Above us, since we are material.

I don't mind admitting that. Faith is much stronger than evidence..Evidence only supports faith, to your dismay. All people of faith are right, because they believe in a higher power..which is the first step to certitude.

I haven't tried to force my beliefs on anyone..I believe in all religions and all people..we are all one..truly i only want to spread unity and love... and want to provoke insightful thought.

Plu

QuoteAll people of faith are right,

Then I hereby proclaim to have absolute faith that you're a dumbass, so I guess that means I'm now right and you're a dumbass.

FrankDK

> Of course there will never be any...Can you fathom a day when humans transcend time and space and attempt to reach god?

Since your god doesn't exist, your question is meaningless.  If he did exist, he could make his presence known.  If he did exist and turned out to be the kind of god that would deliberately hide any evidence of his existence, so only delusional people believed in him, then he isn't worth worshiping.

> These realms are Universal and Stagnant, which means that they are Above us, since we are material.

Mental masturbation - worthless as an argument.

> I don't mind admitting that. Faith is much stronger than evidence..

Only to the delusional.

> Evidence only supports faith, to your dismay.

No, the evidence contradicts your faith.  But you aren't dismayed, because you are immune to evidence.

> All people of faith are right, because they believe in a higher power..which is the first step to certitude.

So if you delude yourself into believing in something that doesn't exist, eventually you become certain that the thing that doesn't exist really exists.  The bizarre part is that you don't see how crazy that is.

> I haven't tried to force my beliefs on anyone..I believe in all religions and all people..we are all one..truly i only want to spread unity and love... and want to provoke insightful thought.

You haven't offered any insightful thought here, only spewed nonsense.

I harbor no illusions that I can free you from your delusions.  It is clear that you are so far gone that no amount of reason could bring you back to reality.  OK, I accept that there are people like that.  But you got that way somehow, someone presented specious arguments to you, and you fell for them.  Now you are presenting those same specious arguments to others, and I'm trying to keep others from falling for them the way you did.

Frank

SGOS

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"Faith is much stronger than evidence..
Well, it does have a powerful effect in that people often tend to defend the things they can't prove with more vigor than facts that can be discovered and observed.  I've often wondered why that is because it doesn't make sense to act like that.

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"All people of faith are right, because they believe in a higher power..
which is the first step to certitude.  
What a load of unadulterated crap.  You can't just string a bunch of made up ideas and imagined connections between unrelated thoughts and then proudly pronounce that you have just spoken some truth.  Bla bla bla.

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"I haven't tried to force my beliefs on anyone..I believe in all religions and all people..we are all one..truly i only want to spread unity and love... and want to provoke insightful thought.
Bullshit, you are just blathering nonsense, telling us lies, and claiming it's real because you say it's real.  Get off you ass and prove something instead of going around making authoritative pronouncements about incoherent thoughts that rattle around in your disorganized brain.

josephpalazzo

QuoteAll people of faith are right,

Then atheists who believe in atheism (what else) MUST be right... :P

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "FrankDK"> Of course there will never be any...Can you fathom a day when humans transcend time and space and attempt to reach god?

Since your god doesn't exist, your question is meaningless.  If he did exist, he could make his presence known.  If he did exist and turned out to be the kind of god that would deliberately hide any evidence of his existence, so only delusional people believed in him, then he isn't worth worshiping.

> These realms are Universal and Stagnant, which means that they are Above us, since we are material.

Mental masturbation - worthless as an argument.

> I don't mind admitting that. Faith is much stronger than evidence..

Only to the delusional.

> Evidence only supports faith, to your dismay.

No, the evidence contradicts your faith.  But you aren't dismayed, because you are immune to evidence.

> All people of faith are right, because they believe in a higher power..which is the first step to certitude.

So if you delude yourself into believing in something that doesn't exist, eventually you become certain that the thing that doesn't exist really exists.  The bizarre part is that you don't see how crazy that is.

> I haven't tried to force my beliefs on anyone..I believe in all religions and all people..we are all one..truly i only want to spread unity and love... and want to provoke insightful thought.

You haven't offered any insightful thought here, only spewed nonsense.

I harbor no illusions that I can free you from your delusions.  It is clear that you are so far gone that no amount of reason could bring you back to reality.  OK, I accept that there are people like that.  But you got that way somehow, someone presented specious arguments to you, and you fell for them.  Now you are presenting those same specious arguments to others, and I'm trying to keep others from falling for them the way you did.

Frank

and what if these arguments are right? There's no evidence against them..and all of you guys seem to just further help my cause...You give me new knowledge each time you respond, thus completing parts of thought that I haven't pondered yet...even though many of you respond with debasing statements and jargon...All the evidence in the world would point me to god because I can see all the sides with the faith..Its very helpful

Icarus

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"and what if these arguments are right? There's no evidence against them..and all of you guys seem to just further help my cause...You give me new knowledge each time you respond, thus completing parts of thought that I haven't pondered yet...even though many of you respond with debasing statements and jargon...All the evidence in the world would point me to god because I can see all the sides with the faith..Its very helpful

Hold on a sec guys, we have to stop ridiculing this guy. We didn't realize you were a superhero with the superhuman power to see all sides of faith and cause changes in the physical universe just by thinking about it. If what he's saying is true, he can stop world hunger and bring about world peace by tapping into those extra dimensions and willing it to happen. There is no evidence that he cannot do these things, so every second he doesn't solve world hunger and bring about world peace is time spent purposefully causing harm to the human race.

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "Icarus"
Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"and what if these arguments are right? There's no evidence against them..and all of you guys seem to just further help my cause...You give me new knowledge each time you respond, thus completing parts of thought that I haven't pondered yet...even though many of you respond with debasing statements and jargon...All the evidence in the world would point me to god because I can see all the sides with the faith..Its very helpful

Hold on a sec guys, we have to stop ridiculing this guy. We didn't realize you were a superhero with the superhuman power to see all sides of faith and cause changes in the physical universe just by thinking about it. If what he's saying is true, he can stop world hunger and bring about world peace by tapping into those extra dimensions and willing it to happen. There is no evidence that he cannot do these things, so every second he doesn't solve world hunger and bring about world peace is time spent purposefully causing harm to the human race.

haha I will try my best. Ridicule implies insult, which you all fail at miserably :)

Icarus

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"haha I will try my best. Ridicule implies insult, which you all fail at miserably :)

Our goal isn't to insult, it's to have fun ;) You acknowledge that using your logic to make silly argument qualifies as ridicule right? So why is using your logic to make silly arguments not ridiculous when you do it?

aitm

Mitchell: The apple, orange, banana and other fruits are all fruits but the kumquat is the most exalted of all fruits and has special powers that I know of by the very grace that I have eaten kumquats.
Normal people: lol..er....wat?
Mitchell: Kumquats are the very best of all fruits.
Normal people: can you give us some evidence that it is the very best?
Mitchell: Kumquats speak to me when I eat them and the others do not, therefore they are inferior, kumquats rule the other fruits.
Normal people: thats pretty crazy, I think the orange is the best.
Mitchell: they are all part of the grandness of fruit and surely the orange is a great fruit but kumquat is the best because it has spoken to me and told me so, that you cannot see this is troubling but I can help, trust me and eat nothing but kumquat.
Normal people: Yeah..right, how about if we just go about eating fruits of all kinds thank you very much.
Mitchell: this will be fine, but in the end you will be tortured forever and your soul banished to hell for your impious ways and simply for not believing me.
Normal people: righttttttt.
Mitchell: I am only here to enlightened you. You may choose what fruit you wish but only the kumquat will lead you to nirvahnah. It has spoken to me, and of course I cannot prove it, and you should take my word for it because surely I would not lie about something as important.
Normal people:    *changes channel*
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "Icarus"
Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"haha I will try my best. Ridicule implies insult, which you all fail at miserably :)

Our goal isn't to insult, it's to have fun ;) You acknowledge that using your logic to make silly argument qualifies as ridicule right? So why is using your logic to make silly arguments not ridiculous when you do it?

Because I have certitude..

Haha I've never tried a kumquat...Nice allusions though..although very petty

Icarus

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"Because I have certitude..

Haha I've never tried a kumquat...Nice allusions though..although very petty
(I found it ironic how you chose fruits..like the gardens of the abode and hell.)

I have more certitude.... Therefore you have to accept all my arguments over yours (by your own logic, don't you hate when that happens).