News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Numerical coincidences in the Quran

Started by Lolilla, December 27, 2013, 08:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Quote from: "ciko"
Quotethe subatomic particle we know as the neutron is so tenuous that it might as well not exist

you must be joking here, you as atheists, people who like science very much to say something like this  :rolleyes: oh man

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hb ... ondis.html
Discovery of the Neutron

It is remarkable that the neutron was not discovered until 1932 when James Chadwick used scattering data to calculate the mass of this neutral particle. Since the time of Rutherford it had been known that the atomic mass number A of nuclei is a bit more than twice the atomic number Z for most atoms and that essentially all the mass of the atom is concentrated in the relatively tiny nucleus. As of about 1930 it was presumed that the fundamental particles were protons and electrons, but that required that somehow a number of electrons were bound in the nucleus to partially cancel the charge of A protons. But by this time it was known from the uncertainty principle and from "particle-in-a-box" type confinement calculations that there just wasn't enough energy available to contain electrons in the nucleus.

Oh for pity's sake!   Read what I wrote.
I know for a fact that you can read.   So don't be dishonest.
Quote from: "Jason78"The link that you've provided between verse 18:39 of the Koran and the subatomic particle we know as the neutron is so tenuous that it might as well not exist.

I was referring to the link that you have made being tenuous.  As you can plainly see.

Seeing as you're ascribing verse 18:65 to the discovery of DNA in 1865, then surely by your own rules:  The neutron should be mentioned in verse 19:30, not 18:39.

I still say that you are making up the rules as you go along.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"The translation is beside the point, Ciko, as you would have understood had you read the full post. Since you seem to have missed the core question, allow me to repeat it: Why is it that no scholar ever used this to discover the red shift in the light of the other galaxies to determine that the universe is indeed expanding before Edwin Hubble discovered it himself?

how could they discover red shift without modern telescopes, impossible.

by the way, quran is not scinetific book, but book of signs, that you believe in it and followit in your life.

God says that universe expands, non-muslims confirm it whit their modern technology.
Oh for fuck sakes, fine, let me rephrase that:

Why has no scientific information ever been pulled out of the Quran before it was discovered by science?

If the Quran really had any scientific value, we would not need your confirmation bias decades and centuries after these discoveries to show it.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "ciko"but i presented you that universe was expanding according to quran, and science confirmed it in 19 century.
Scientists didn't make that discovery because of the Quran. The edition of the English Quran around at the time said nothing about expansion, either. Stop lying.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "ciko"but i presented you that universe was expanding according to quran, and science confirmed it in 19 century.
Scientists didn't make that discovery because of the Quran. The edition of the English Quran around at the time said nothing about expansion, either. Stop lying.

but i never said that #-o
You implied it by saying the Quran makes scientific statements, which goes back to my question: Why hasn't that information ever been pulled out and used before science made the discovery on its own? If the information on its own isn't usable, you can't claim that the Quran is scientific.

Poison Tree

Oh, for fuck's sake. I assumed you had the capability to use decimals; I should have known better based on how you've used numbers in this thread. I prefer decimals because I think they look cleaner, so used them simply for that reason. I should have realized long ago that you are just copy-pasting with no understanding of what your past means, if you had such understanding you would not be befuddled by north-east coordinates. If you would prefer, 21° 25' 20.982" 39° 49' 34.194"; 21° 25' 20.982" is still not 21° 25', still close but only close.

If you want to get all Vincenty, then Kaba (did you think I missed where you shifted from talking about the Kaba's location to widening it to the entire city of Mecca?) is 76265.42849KM from the north pole and 123773.88610 Km to south: 123773.88610/76265.42849=1.62293569381 again, not the golden ratio. Or, staying Vincenty but using your 21° 25' (ignoring its not actually kaba's location) gives 123711.75827 km to south pole and 76327.55631 Km: 123711.75827/76327.55631=1.62080072061 Hey, look still not the golden ratio!

Why ignore the 2nd and 3rd sentences in my post? Why should close impress us? Why should your supposed god only be able to get close? Are we to be impressed that he can almost--but not quite--get a ringer in horseshoes?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Poison Tree"Why ignore the 2nd and 3rd sentences in my post?
If it were me, it would be because I agreed with those sentences. In Ciko's case, probably the same reason he ignores important chunks of my posts: the truth is inconvenient.

Poison Tree

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "Poison Tree"Why ignore the 2nd and 3rd sentences in my post?
If it were me, it would be because I agreed with those sentences. In Ciko's case, probably the same reason he ignores important chunks of my posts: the truth is inconvenient.

even if it were just like you asked for you still would not believe it and you would only put exuses

true are the words of God

God said in the quran:

6:111 Even if We sent the angels down to them, and the dead spoke to them, and We gathered all things right in front of them, they still would not believe, unless God so willed, but most of them are ignorant [of this].
If you think that, then why waist your time here?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

aitm

Quote from: "ciko"6:111 Even if We sent the angels down to them, and the dead spoke to them, and We gathered all things right in front of them, they still would not believe, unless God so willed, but most of them are ignorant [of this].

bullshit! You're an idiot. He can't convince anyone because he CAN'T sent angels down and he CAN'T get the dead to speak. Don't you get it stupid? They make this shit up because they can't do it. If they could fucking DO it we WOULD be convinced.

Damn some people are complete retards.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason78

Quote from: "ciko"God said in the quran:

6:111 Even if We sent the angels down to them, and the dead spoke to them, and We gathered all things right in front of them, they still would not believe, unless God so willed, but most of them are ignorant [of this].

There's a self fulfilling prophecy.  If they believe, then woo hoo!  One more convert.    If they don't then your god willed it so.  

You get to claim victory either way.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "ciko"God said in the quran:

[youtube:24e9cbwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-yHDBHxAfI[/youtube:24e9cbwc]
It would at least prove that there was a being capable of doing this. Whether or not it's your particular god is another issue entirely.

Icarus

Quote from: "ciko"the why dont you count it and present here for all of us?

You want me to do your work for you now? You're the one making extraordinary claims. Learn how to use statistics, then use statistics to prove you've found something statistically significant. I thought you did your research before you came here? I guess not.

Plu

Quote from: "Icarus"
Quote from: "ciko"the why dont you count it and present here for all of us?

You want me to do your work for you now? You're the one making extraordinary claims. Learn how to use statistics, then use statistics to prove you've found something statistically significant. I thought you did your research before you came here? I guess not.

I already did some of the counting. It caused immediate brain shutdown on his side, because multiplication is "complicated mumbo jumbo". And we're not allowed to use statistics anymore because they prove that his claims are just coincidences, which can't be because they're in the Quran which is special because it's full of miracles, not coincidences  :rolleyes:

Plu

That's not "testing" mathematics, though. That's making arguments to people who don't understand how basic math actually works.

Icarus

Quote from: "Plu"I already did some of the counting. It caused immediate brain shutdown on his side, because multiplication is "complicated mumbo jumbo". And we're not allowed to use statistics anymore because they prove that his claims are just coincidences, which can't be because they're in the Quran which is special because it's full of miracles, not coincidences  :rolleyes:

I guess anything beyond copying and pasting things from websites is too complicated for him to understand.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Icarus"
Quote from: "Plu"I already did some of the counting. It caused immediate brain shutdown on his side, because multiplication is "complicated mumbo jumbo". And we're not allowed to use statistics anymore because they prove that his claims are just coincidences, which can't be because they're in the Quran which is special because it's full of miracles, not coincidences  :rolleyes:

I guess anything beyond copying and pasting things from websites is too complicated for him to understand.
As if that wasn't obvious from his first few posts. Generally, if you understand the material you can explain it in your own words assisted by quotes and images, not just blatant copy/paste bullshit.