News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Redneck Reservation

Started by mykcob4, February 01, 2014, 11:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"Damn right!

btw Toby Keith sucks, imo. I kinda like a couple of his older tunes but he's mostly shit.

let me give an example. the first clip is country, the second is shit. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FLJBoXroQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxUuDPNbkJk

I'm not gonna lie, I can't stand most modern country.  Last guy who really caught my ear was when Dwight Yoakam came out.  I'm more a Waylon, Willie (who lives right down the road from me), Johnny Cash guy.
<insert witty aphorism here>

AllPurposeAtheist

OK,  some chrysters were on High st passing out free coffee and praying for people.  I passed by and when some fat girl offered to pray for me I declined, but did tell her she could pray that a god that doesn't exist would suddenly exist. Well,  that got her started.. Can they go to the redneck heaven too? :rollin:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

hillbillyatheist

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"Damn right!

btw Toby Keith sucks, imo. I kinda like a couple of his older tunes but he's mostly shit.

let me give an example. the first clip is country, the second is shit. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FLJBoXroQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxUuDPNbkJk

I'm not gonna lie, I can't stand most modern country.  Last guy who really caught my ear was when Dwight Yoakam came out.  I'm more a Waylon, Willie (who lives right down the road from me), Johnny Cash guy.
I'm with you on that. There's exceptions such as Kacey Musgraves, who is a new act that I like but I'm more into older stuff myself. If willie is your neighbor do you think you could get me his autograph? LOL

Rhonda Vincent which is in that video is as traditional as it gets. She's covering an old song Emmylou Harris did, Beneath Still Waters. I love it.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

stromboli

Texas, with Ted Nugent as president. A marriage made in heaven.

hillbillyatheist

*shudders* thats the stuff nightmares are made of.

besides, texas may be turning blue soon. maybe as soon as 2014, but certainly tending that way by 2024.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

AllPurposeAtheist

Send em to Canada..let em drink Yukon Jack in the Yukon.  :-D

Jack89

Too late, already happened.  Coal mining regions of West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and I think even Colorado in the 20s and 30s.  UMW union members wearing red bandannas around their necks while protesting oppressive conditions.  Rednecks.

Insult to Rocks

See, the problem here is they would probably do it willingly. I mean, Glen Beck has called for this kind of plan multiple times by now.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

AllPurposeAtheist

To bad Mick Dodge is in Washington state. Otherwise I'd say they could all go starve to death like him as per show instructions. Hmm..lives in Pacific NW and has buffalo hide clothing? Because buffaloes roam all over the area up near Seattle.  :lol:

mykcob4

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"See, the problem here is they would probably do it willingly. I mean, Glen Beck has called for this kind of plan multiple times by now.
Really? You may have found the one thing that I like about Glen Crybaby Beck.

stromboli

Mick dodge will be exposed as a phony. I saw him "catching" what were clearly deceased crabs and then shaking them to make it look like they were alive. And then taking like 2 crabs to a friend for a crab boil in a pot large enough to need a forklift to move it. Looks real. :shock:

Ted Nugent. Put this guy in the spotlight just long enough for everybody to see what a phony fuck he is, seriously. Or for that matter Hank Williams Jr. Another loud mouth whiner.

mykcob4

Quote from: "stromboli"Mick dodge will be exposed as a phony. I saw him "catching" what were clearly deceased crabs and then shaking them to make it look like they were alive. And then taking like 2 crabs to a friend for a crab boil in a pot large enough to need a forklift to move it. Looks real. :shock:

Ted Nugent. Put this guy in the spotlight just long enough for everybody to see what a phony fuck he is, seriously. Or for that matter Hank Williams Jr. Another loud mouth whiner.
And Toby "how do you like me now" Keith!

AllPurposeAtheist

I should get my own "reality" show based on the fake adventures of the lost Tooth Fairy preacher.  :-k

Jack89

Quote from: "mykcob4"Don't be too offended by this idea. I'm not serious at all. I just thought it would be fun to imagine treating these conservative hardliners the way that they treat others.
Since the stereotypical redneck is a poor rural white person, it would appear that you're making a joke out of oppressing poor rural white people.  I wonder how this differs from making fun of downtrodden people from other demographics.

As a side note, while Anne Coulter, Sean Hannity, and Glen Beck may be conservatives, they are not rednecks.  They have entirely too much money and I seriously doubt if they shop at Walmart.

stromboli

QuoteSince the stereotypical redneck is a poor rural white person, it would appear that you're making a joke out of oppressing poor rural white people. I wonder how this differs from making fun of downtrodden people from other demographics.

There are a lot of poor white people that don't qualify as rednecks, so that by itself is not definitive. I've never considered myself a redneck, and I grew up poor and rural. Hillbillyatheist may think of himself as a redneck, but I don't. Ted Nugent, Hank Williams Jr., Toby Keith, definitely. I think we are talking more about the caricature of what we see in the media rather than an easily defined demographic.