News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A RUBE wants to TAX the NFL!

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, February 01, 2014, 12:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Well certainly SATAN is having his way with a Utah republican!  :shock: Isn't that like the 3rd rail of the GOP?
QuoteRep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) on Wednesday proposed legislation that would strip the National Football League's tax-exempt status.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/3 ... -pay-taxes

Satan's laughing with delight on this one for sure. :popcorn:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jack89

Sounds like a good idea.  We should stop subsidizing stadiums too.  There's a billion dollars a year that taxpayers give to the rich so they can get richer.  What a scam.

Youssuf Ramadan

I didn't even know the NFL was tax-exempt.   :oops:

But then, I am a limey....  :P

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"I didn't even know the NFL was tax-exempt.   :oops:

But then, I am a limey....  :P
The idea is that while the NFL is tax-exempt, individual teams are not, so they are paying taxes and all that.

Seconded on the stadiums.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Gawdzilla Sama

Good idea. And let's tax the Koch brothers equitably while we're at it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

josephpalazzo

Shoot, I didn't know that the NFL is a religion...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Shoot, I didn't know that the NFL is a religion...
I hear they're still playing despite it being February already.  :-k
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Bear in mind this is a Utah Republican. these are people that get elected on a 90% majority and have as much clout as wet tissue paper.

AllPurposeAtheist

The wet toilet paper caucuss will take this up in getting bribed to go away meetings. In the meantime Mr Chaffetz will burn for eternity on a gop handcrafted cross made in China.

mykcob4

I posted about this some time ago that the NFL was tax exempt and now finally someone is getting around to doing something about it. Doubt that elected official will get much help from his own party and he can kiss his career good bye since the NFL and the rest of the corrupt corporate world won't be contributing to his campaign.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "mykcob4"I posted about this some time ago that the NFL was tax exempt and now finally someone is getting around to doing something about it. Doubt that elected official will get much help from his own party and he can kiss his career good bye since the NFL and the rest of the corrupt corporate world won't be contributing to his campaign.
Now now. 32 billionaire team owners would never bring pressure to bare to not pay taxes. Now you're just being silly.  [-X

stromboli

Don't be surprised if you see this thing just quietly disappear in a few days. Remember that Utah doesn't have an NFL franchise. The states that do have a franchise do get some big revenue from the clubs, and the billionaire owners are well ensconced with the local and state governments. If this thing makes it out of committee I'd be amazed.

AllPurposeAtheist

The thing is few fans are even aware the NFL is taxless. The NFL would gladly move mountains to keep it that way too.

The Skeletal Atheist

Good. While you're at it stop subsidizing high school football with tax money.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Gawdzilla Sama"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Shoot, I didn't know that the NFL is a religion...
I hear they're still playing despite it being February already.  :-k

This often happens as not to clash with Ramadan.