News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Six Decades of a Warming Earth

Started by josephpalazzo, January 30, 2014, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Compiled by NASA. It won't convinced the die-hard deniers, but it is a sad story of what is happening to our planet.

[youtube:149g2c8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJJtS_WDmI[/youtube:149g2c8g]

Solitary

I think most deniers believe it is a natural event and cause, and not man made. Of course they can't see how over population is a problem either.  When people deny reality for superstitious nonsense this is what happens, they'll believe in any kind of nonsense.  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hijiri Byakuren

I live in a household of deniers. The worst one is my uncle: he has a degree in philosophy and seems to think this makes him qualified to evaluate something 97% of the scientific community agrees upon. (Shit, my AA has more science credits in it.) He also believes in Bigfoot, so you can pretty much draw the rest of the picture from there.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

Go forth and populate. God commands you and if anything bad happens it's gods will.  :roll:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Amy

Sorry for being ignorant but what does denier mean?

Plu

Denier - from "to deny", someone who refuses to believe a claim is true. Most commonly used here to refer to people who deny things that are statistically or scientifically proven.

In topic; a climate change denier is someone who doesn't believe in climate change.

Amy

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Go forth and populate. God commands you and if anything bad happens it's gods will.  :roll:

I think all good things bad things happen, don't believe anyone is responsible, I've been through some rubbish, but I think my experiences both good and bad were needed to get me where I am today, but we all deal with things differently, you can either pull your hair out or enjoy the ride.....it's taken me a long time to choose the latter.

AllPurposeAtheist

We are, as a species responsible for our own survival or demise so someone is responsible. It's a collective decision for better or worse. You guys ought to count your lucky stars they didn't put me in charge of solving all of humanity's problems.  :-?

Amy

I don't get it, how are we be responsible for our own demise, all things die, if I chose not to die tomorrow but I died, how does that make me responsible for my death.

Amy

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"We are, as a species responsible for our own survival or demise so someone is responsible. It's a collective decision for better or worse. You guys ought to count your lucky stars they didn't put me in chLol! of solving all of humanity's problems.  :-?
Lol!

AllPurposeAtheist

It's not really tough.  If you jump off a tall building in an hour from now and plunge to your death it's pretty much your fault. If you don't then pat yourself on the back for being responsible.  =D>

Plu

We are responsible for our own demise, as in we are responsible for the extinction of our species as a whole; not its individual members. By polluting our own living enviroment we are effectively wiping out ourselves as a race.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Plu"We are responsible for our own demise, as in we are responsible for the extinction of our species as a whole; not its individual members. By polluting our own living enviroment we are effectively wiping out ourselves as a race.
Well that too.. I was getting around to it. Really!  [-(

Hydra009

Quote from: "Amy"I don't get it, how are we be responsible for our own demise, all things die, if I chose not to die tomorrow but I died, how does that make me responsible for my death.
The avoidable demises are avoidable.

stromboli

Animals won't defecate in their own nests. We do. We pollute the water we drink, air we breathe and generate animosity through social and class inequity and war. All of those are negative to our survival, and could lead to our demise. Therefore we are responsible as a species.

We are responsible not to shoot each other or cause death. We are responsible for our individual survival.