Main Menu

Sup guys

Started by MitchellDaBomb, January 28, 2014, 08:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbarian

Welcome to the AFBB.

Mister Agenda

Welcome, Mitch!

Y'know, everyone thinks their own scriptures are sublime. Just sayin'.

It does take a thick skin to last around here if you're a theist, but if you're tough and reasonable, you can earn the respect of the folks whose respect is worth earning. It will probably be grudging respect, but it will be genuine.

Good luck!
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Sal1981

Hi Mitch.

Quote from: "Mister Agenda"Welcome, Mitch!

Y'know, everyone thinks their own scriptures are sublime. Just sayin'.

It does take a thick skin to last around here if you're a theist, but if you're tough and reasonable, you can earn the respect of the folks whose respect is worth earning. It will probably be grudging respect, but it will be genuine.

Good luck!
I would include atheist vs atheist as well.

Also, there is no right to being offended. If something offends you, grow a backbone and deal with it.

Solitary

Welcome aboard MitchellDaBomb! Let's see if you can stay that way.  

QuoteSecondly, The Book cannot be manmade because the literary value of the book and the complexity of its features are too far beyond any other
book.

Apparently you haven't read Shakespeare.  Complexity is just another word for ambiguous, which means one does not understand it because it is written to confuse by being interpreted any way you want to  support your bigotry, prejudice, and hatred of those that don't follow your particular religious dogma. "Da Bomb" is a nice touch. Allahu Akbar! All God would have to do to have everyone, even atheist and the dumbest person on earth to believe in Him is
actually come down and meet with all of us. Why all the secrecy and a requirement of "faith" which means I don't have any reliable evidence but want to believe to feel good like I did as a child in my father's arms. Faith is childish  like believing in the nonsense one did as a very small child at best, and at worst insane.  :roll:  Silly Da Bomb Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

aitm

(insert deity here) proclaimed himself through (insert prophet here) and his grace and omniscience are found in (insert gratuitous book here) in such a manner that the perfection of thought and prose of (insert deity here) cannot be explained by common humans because humans cannot comprehend such thought and prose that were presented by (insert ignorant sheep/goat/camel-herder here) and therefore all such words as proclaimed by (insert deity here) which cannot be understood by (insert sheep/goat/camel-herder here) must therefore be deemed the words of a god.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "aitm"(insert deity here) proclaimed himself through (insert prophet here) and his grace and omniscience are found in (insert gratuitous book here) in such a manner that the perfection of thought and prose of (insert deity here) cannot be explained by common humans because humans cannot comprehend such thought and prose that were presented by (insert ignorant sheep/goat/camel-herder here) and therefore all such words as proclaimed by (insert deity here) which cannot be understood by (insert sheep/goat/camel-herder here) must therefore be deemed the words of a god.

You've stumbled upon the divine lineage of the prophets of manifestation. Most people can't even see the underlying unification of today's religions, they just see separate beliefs. Yes, all religions have very similar traits. A prophet is born into a culture. He makes a book and preaches it. Since the words are so influential they create a massive following. You just stated that all religions have universal traits, yet you don't believe in what unifies them? How could it not be god if all the religions are connected? Does't that prove that there is variable connecting them all? Nothing can prove that the variable is god. But what is it?
Hi I make music and stuff. You may be surprised.
https://soundcloud.com/sinclair-12

aitm

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"
Quote from: "aitm"(insert deity here) proclaimed himself through (insert prophet here) and his grace and omniscience are found in (insert gratuitous book here) in such a manner that the perfection of thought and prose of (insert deity here) cannot be explained by common humans because humans cannot comprehend such thought and prose that were presented by (insert ignorant sheep/goat/camel-herder here) and therefore all such words as proclaimed by (insert deity here) which cannot be understood by (insert sheep/goat/camel-herder here) must therefore be deemed the words of a god.

You've stumbled upon the divine lineage of the prophets of manifestation. Most people can't even see the underlying unification of today's religions, they just see separate beliefs. Yes, all religions have very similar traits. A prophet is born into a culture. He makes a book and preaches it. Since the words are so influential they create a massive following. You just stated that all religions have universal traits, yet you don't believe in what unifies them? How could it not be god if all the religions are connected? Does't that prove that there is variable connecting them all? Nothing can prove that the variable is god. But what is it?

I think you are over complicating simplicity due to embarrassment.

First of all, prophets are not born. People are born, scam artists call themselves prophets, people who think they are indeed prophets are fools. Its pretty easy to spot both.

It has been proven, and easily so, that the words are not as "influential" as the sword or gun that backs them up, you should read some history sometime.

What unifies beliefs and traits is common fear, a simple fear of death and pain, that is passed from parent to child. A rather simple example of ignorance spread through compliance and gratitude to authority.

All the religions are not connected, at all, that statement is pure absurd stupidity, you have just proven your gross ignorance in human  history, religious history, and simple elementary education. Nothing you say further can be considered as worthy of reply. You have exposed your own stupidity. Try a forum such as:  www.iamstupidasacamel.com
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

GrinningYMIR

Look, we don't believe in prophets, we believe that people who call themselves prophets are deluded charismatic people at best, or extreme con artists at worst. And Muhammed leans towards the other end of the spectrum on that.

I wonder if some radical Muslim is going to kill me now?

either way, the general muslim, or any follower of a religion, is deluded, faith blind, or stupid. In other words; Kaysh mirsh solus.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Plu

QuoteDoes't that prove that there is variable connecting them all? Nothing can prove that the variable is god. But what is it?

Human nature. The mystic bullshit and the thousands of gods and dumb rituals and the like people have come up with differ a lot. The only things that all religions have in common can be roughly summed up as "the Golden rule" and "a way for the priests to gain power over the masses". Everything else varies.

The golden rule is part of all religions because it comes naturally to most people, who are social animals that want to support their pack. The way for priests to gain power over the masses comes naturally to religions because if your religion doesn't include enough of it people will laugh at your silly prophets and then probably hang them or something, so those religions will naturally die out soon after conception.

The end result is what we see today, where only the handful of religions that have a lot of "priests gaining power over the masses" remaining and all the dozens of others having only a handful of followers and being generally ridiculed.

The only reason your religion isn't ridiculed as much as new-age hippyism is because its priests have no problems inciting people to riot and murder in response. Which makes your priests horrible people, your followers horrible sheep and your religion a horrible ideology, but hey. Don't argue too much with the idiots who have no problems burning their own city down on the priests' command for any perceived offense.

MitchellDaBomb

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"

I think you are over complicating simplicity due to embarrassment.

First of all, prophets are not born. People are born, scam artists call themselves prophets, people who think they are indeed prophets are fools. Its pretty easy to spot both.

It has been proven, and easily so, that the words are not as "influential" as the sword or gun that backs them up, you should read some history sometime.

What unifies beliefs and traits is common fear, a simple fear of death and pain, that is passed from parent to child. A rather simple example of ignorance spread through compliance and gratitude to authority.

All the religions are not connected, at all, that statement is pure absurd stupidity, you have just proven your gross ignorance in human  history, religious history, and simple elementary education. Nothing you say further can be considered as worthy of reply. You have exposed your own stupidity. Try a forum such as:  http://www.iamstupidasacamel.com
'

1. You literally stated that religions have commonalities that tie them together (Insert prophet, book, and god). You basically created a Mad Libs outline that could work for almost all religions. Are you retracting that statement?
2. Prophets are people. None of the prophets have proclaimed divinity. They are granted knowledge. (Jesus was granted miracles)
3. You say that fear of death is the greatest fear. If believers of faith are people that do not fear death because they have assurance in the hereafter, then how could have Muhammad's followers feared him or anyone else for that matter? (Take martyrs for example).
4. Yes fear of death unifies everyone. But if death happened to lead to a god, then who do you truly fear? Who is the true unifier?
5. All Religions share: Faith, Prophets, Scripture and Struggle. Knowledge is from insight, not education. Was Einstein taught his theories? No! He discovered them through insight from previous knowledge. Attacking me personally only demonstrates your immaturity. I personally consider you a very knowledgeable person.
Hi I make music and stuff. You may be surprised.
https://soundcloud.com/sinclair-12

aitm

You are suggesting a singular god unites all religions, and that is foolish. Of the hundreds of thousands of gods which do you suppose is the correct one? Let me tell you. The one your parents told you. End of story. That was the extent of your search. You decided to give up thinking on your own and accept what mommy and daddy told you. But .....meh  why bother.

stromboli

Quote from: "aitm"You are suggesting a singular god unites all religions, and that is foolish. Of the hundreds of thousands of gods which do you suppose is the correct one? Let me tell you. The one your parents told you. End of story. That was the extent of your search. You decided to give up thinking on your own and accept what mommy and daddy told you. But .....meh  why bother.
^ this, seriously.

You claim authenticity and correctness? Start here.
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran ... _name.html

Prophecy?
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/ ... hecies.htm

Religion has to meet tests to be true. It has to not contradict itself (fail)
It has to be true to its claims, i.e. prophecy; (fail)
It has to be consistent in its doctrine (fail, every religion fails. Why? Same reason that there are Shiites and Sunnis)

Any holy book can be "interpreted." Big problem there. There are hundreds of different Christian sects, even different sects in Judaism. Because the so-called holy writ is written by man and interpreted by man. For some reason all the all-knowing, all-powerful, all-wise gods in religion can't get their doctrine down pat, one doctrine that states the case exactly. I was a Christian for 16 years, after leaving Mormonism. I went to different churches with different sects. Every one claimed to teach the "whole gospel", yet in the end they interpreted certain parts and ignored others.

Same is true in Islam. It is a human made religion, the Quran is flawed and contradictory and different sects and even different Imams will interpret it differently. Consider the fact that Islamic terrorists can find justification in the Quran to do what they do. And non terrorists can condemn them from the Quran as well. Q.E.D.; it's a man made religion.

Shiites and Sunnis are killing each other. Wow, they belong to the same religion. Centuries back, Catholics persecuted and murdered Protestants in Spain and Italy. Protestants murdered Catholics in England and the Netherlands. Somebody got smart and lumped everything together under the heading "Christian" to gain political clout. But there is still separation and disagreement. Gosh darn gods can't seem to come up with a set of beliefs that everybody can agree on.

Because religion is man made.

Insult to Rocks

About "prophets"....
What exactly has Mohammed prophesized that has actually come to pass? And are we sure beyond a reasonable doubt that his prophecies are not just coincidences? Ya know, Nostradamus predicted lots of vague events through sheer luck and coincidence. Why isn't he worshiped?
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

leo

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"About "prophets"....
What exactly has Mohammed prophesized that has actually come to pass? And are we sure beyond a reasonable doubt that his prophecies are not just coincidences? Ya know, Nostradamus predicted lots of vague events through sheer luck and coincidence. Why isn't he worshiped?
Well , some people take nostradamus "prophecies" seriously . Almost like a religion.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

CloneKai

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"hey, i'm Mitch. I consider myself to be muslim (one who submits to god). I joined here to include myself in the discussions of this forum, to talk about religion in the most unbias way I can. I love to talk about all religious concepts, regardless of origin. XD

I always wanted to ask two questions from a mu$l!m without getting my head chopped off. :-&
 Maybe you can answer them

1) Why must we pray to The God. What do we gain from asskissing anyway?

2) Why do you believe in an entity which will throw you into hell for praying to a wrong god? or praying to right god but including some other person or entity with it?