News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The differences

Started by mykcob4, January 24, 2014, 04:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "mykcob4"Yes the dems do get money from wealthy donors and large corporations, but if you look who is actually donating the money, they are not the wild out of control criminal corrupt monopolies that repubs are funded by. They are companies that have been fair and just to not only their workers but to society at large.

Source, please?
<insert witty aphorism here>

mykcob4

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "mykcob4"Yes the dems do get money from wealthy donors and large corporations, but if you look who is actually donating the money, they are not the wild out of control criminal corrupt monopolies that repubs are funded by. They are companies that have been fair and just to not only their workers but to society at large.

Source, please?
I posted some in response to Goldman Sachs.
http://www.opensecrets.org/overview/topcontribs.php
Take a look at the top donors and you'd see the disproportional amounts that the Koch brothers give to the repubs. You know the guys that actually stated the Tea Party and spread lies and misinformation like it's water.
Most of the Dems money comes from works and individuals that don't make a great deal of money.

AllPurposeAtheist

Here's the big open secret.. The real big corporate money is like betting on football. The vast majority goes to whoever they think is going to win the election. Most times party affiliation is irrelevant as long as they have access and ability to influence policy. Then the next tier is the companies and individuals who are purely agenda driven. Sadly some very wealthy people have some very nefarious agendas.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

billhilly

According to your link, the dems get a sizable majority of the money donated by the top 100 donors to parties and liberals get all but 1 of the top 10 donors to outside groups.  This doesn't appear to support your claims.

GrinningYMIR

You really love democrats don't you?

As a centrist, I don't like either party too much, but you seem to have die hard loyalty
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

AllPurposeAtheist

Centerist is a euphemism for "haven't decided to shit or get off the pot".. :-$
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

Quote from: "billhilly"According to your link, the dems get a sizable majority of the money donated by the top 100 donors to parties and liberals get all but 1 of the top 10 donors to outside groups.  This doesn't appear to support your claims.
If you really look you'd see that I searched for "top" donors which excluded everyone else. I was making a point that the top donors that are the biggest corporations give the majority of their donations to republicans. The Democratic party relies heavily on the average Joe for donations. Usually the republicans out spend the Democratic candidates 3 to 1.

mykcob4

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"You really love democrats don't you?

As a centrist, I don't like either party too much, but you seem to have die hard loyalty
Loyalty? Hardly. I just choose the party and the candidates that agree with my ideals. I never have voted a straight ticket and most likely never will.

billhilly

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "billhilly"According to your link, the dems get a sizable majority of the money donated by the top 100 donors to parties and liberals get all but 1 of the top 10 donors to outside groups.  This doesn't appear to support your claims.
If you really look you'd see that I searched for "top" donors which excluded everyone else. I was making a point that the top donors that are the biggest corporations give the majority of their donations to republicans. The Democratic party relies heavily on the average Joe for donations. Usually the republicans out spend the Democratic candidates 3 to 1.

I put the data from that link in a spreadsheet so I could sort it several ways.  Your assertions on the Democrat's money is not supported by the data from that link.  It just isn't.  Run the numbers.