News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why did YOU start to lose faith?

Started by Insult to Rocks, January 20, 2014, 03:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Passion of Christ

Quote from: "Plu"That's what they started doing in the Netherlands in the 50s. I think we're in the top 10 least religious countries in the world now. Funny that. When you take away the extremist indoctrination, kids just don't buy it anymore :)

Christianity is on the wane in Europe for various reasons but European civilization is also on the wane it's a dying culture you're looking at. One that will eventually be replaced by something else but it's still a destruction of something that was essentially good, and you are trying to help it!

[youtube:1lz8xf7z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDHBZlSNO6w[/youtube:1lz8xf7z]

A bit of Neverending Story there.

Moriarty

Quote from: "Passion of Christ"
Quote from: "Plu"That's what they started doing in the Netherlands in the 50s. I think we're in the top 10 least religious countries in the world now. Funny that. When you take away the extremist indoctrination, kids just don't buy it anymore :)

Christianity is on the wane in Europe for various reasons but European civilization is also on the wane it's a dying culture you're looking at, one that will eventually be replaced by something else.

You're out of touch in my view. I'd prefer to live in Europe than the U.S. anymore. They've gotten past their god complex mostly. U.S. is full of crazy f'n radicals.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

Plu

Maybe, but in the meantime we'll continue to top all of the charts in terms of happiness and education while it lasts :)

Europe has pretty much discarded it's religious identity and also seems on the way of discarding it's cultural and national identities. Time will tell if we'll eventually replace it with a global identity, or if the whole joint will collapse in on itself. Either way, I'd rather experience these times and that downfall over having to live anywhere else. We're making a jump to a new era, and whether we fall short or make it; at least we got our feet off the ground. You might never be able to experience that.

Moriarty

Quote from: "Plu"Maybe, but in the meantime we'll continue to top all of the charts in terms of happiness and education while it lasts :)

Europe has pretty much discarded it's religious identity and also seems on the way of discarding it's cultural and national identities. Time will tell if we'll eventually replace it with a global identity, or if the whole joint will collapse in on itself. Either way, I'd rather experience these times and that downfall over having to live anywhere else. We're making a jump to a new era, and whether we fall short or make it; at least we got our feet off the ground. You might never be able to experience that.

Look at political movements in the U.S., both coasts are generally liberal. Change is coming, just going to take time to move across the country and the batshit religious people are going to fight it tooth and nail. Personally I don't have time to wait for it and Europe really does look like a better option to me.
<Insert witty remark>

"Say what you will about George W. Bush, but he wouldn\'t have stood for Russian aggression in the Ukraine. He\'d have invaded New Zealand by now."--Donald O\'Keeffe.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Moriarty"But isn't it important to know your enemy well? :P

God isn't your enemy he's the reason why you exist.
Something that doesn't exist can neither be your enemy nor the reason you exist. The "enemy" Moriarty is referring to is religion. God may not exist, but his followers do, and a lot of them bite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Titty sprinkles.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Passion of Christ

Quote from: "Moriarty"You're out of touch in my view. I'd prefer to live in Europe than the U.S. anymore. They've gotten past their god complex mostly. U.S. is full of crazy f'n radicals.

The crazy radicals are a result of people reacting strongly against people like yourself and places like Europe. You're part of that problem not the moderate believers who accept science/evolution and all that business.

Moriarty

Quote from: "Moriarty"You're out of touch in my view. I'd prefer to live in Europe than the U.S. anymore. They've gotten past their god complex mostly. U.S. is full of crazy f'n radicals.

The crazy radicals are a result of people reacting strongly against people like yourself and places like Europe. You're part of that problem not the moderate believers who accept science/evolution and all that business.

Because I believe with every ounce of my fiber that religion is BAD BAD BAD. The only way to advance and evolve as a species is to shed religion completely. I'm all for outlawing stupidity......errr religion.
<Insert witty remark>

leo

Dude , you haven't  a better thing to do than to  troll a atheist website? You are that pathetic really ? :roll:
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Passion of Christ

Quote from: "Plu"Maybe, but in the meantime we'll continue to top all of the charts in terms of happiness and education while it lasts :)

Making yourself comfortable before you die as there is nothing else of importance beyond that is the atheist mindset and collectively this will become the mindset of a civilization. People start to not have children and focus more on disposable income for themselves while they're alive. This results in a rapidly aging and declining population as you see in Europe and Japan. The US has been spared from this as they haven't been impacted by this cultural trend, they are heavily focused on wealth but they would tend to see it as a blessing from God to be used for a good purpose which is the traditional Protestant view, they still think their culture, lifestyle and values in terms of future generations beyond their deaths matter. Atheists have no reason to care if we're all going to end up in the ground anyway and ultimately "buried beneath the debris of a universe in ruins". Though of course what you believe is mistaken, we're all part of something that has a purpose and will last forever. Not forever in it's current form but this is a small part of eternity, this part still matters greatly this as it is what God created.

QuoteEurope has pretty much discarded it's religious identity and also seems on the way of discarding it's cultural and national identities.

And then it will descend into an economic downward spiral, which has already started look at what will happen to Great Britain some time in not so distant future.

[youtube:2xkxbwyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ibcORs4I4[/youtube:2xkxbwyk]

As well as rapid population decline and eventual death of the civilization.

What you will have in place of this in the future will not be atheism but some form of Islam, Islam isn't necessarily all that bad as long as it isn't the Wahhabi version. It does have the advantage of maintaining a very strong group identity it's not something they would get into a habit of doing every Sunday or going to the odd funeral they're fully stoked 24 hours a day. Technically Christians should be doing that as well but there was a decline there and you have the fruits of this decline you can see.

QuoteTime will tell if we'll eventually replace it with a global identity, or if the whole joint will collapse in on itself.

No you won't replace anything, Islam will replace European culture.

QuoteEither way, I'd rather experience these times and that downfall over having to live anywhere else. We're making a jump to a new era, and whether we fall short or make it; at least we got our feet off the ground. You might never be able to experience that.

The new era will be Islam. I'm not Islamophobic though it's a reasonable religion, as long as it's in a certain form which most Western Muslims seem to practice.

Plu

QuoteMaking yourself comfortable before you die as there is nothing else of importance beyond that is the atheist mindset and collectively this will become the mindset of a civilization. People start to not have children and focus more on disposable income for themselves while they're alive. This results in a rapidly aging and declining population as you see in Europe and Japan.

Which is probably a good idea, considering we need less and less people to operate societies and having an excess population tends to result in all sorts of terrible things for both that excess and the world as a whole.

QuoteAnd then it will descend into an economic downward spiral, which has already started look at what will happen to Great Britain some time in not so distant future.

Maybe. We'll see. For now, the biggest economic downward spiral seems to be caused by the US and their hyper-corporatism. Which means it's coming from a religious place.

QuoteNo you won't replace anything, Islam will replace European culture.

That might just be. Maybe it's their time to shine again. It's been a while. Or maybe we'll get a new rising star religion. Or maybe just nothing at all. Who knows. The rules have changed a lot lately. We're still at the dawn of trying to figure out how this new society thing works. I wouldn't be so quick to fall back on old systems, though.

Solitary

"No you won't replace anything, Islam will replace European culture."
 :shock:
This is probably true, because Islam has turn the Middle East from a land of science and enlightement into the New Dark Age with superstitious nonsense and deniel of reality and science just like Christianity is trying to do in the world to bring us to perdition because of Scripture, the supposingly word of God  (Allah). Talk about having your head in the sand.
Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

frosty

Making yourself comfortable before you die as there is nothing else of importance beyond that is the atheist mindset and collectively this will become the mindset of a civilization. People start to not have children and focus more on disposable income for themselves while they're alive. This results in a rapidly aging and declining population as you see in Europe and Japan. The US has been spared from this as they haven't been impacted by this cultural trend, they are heavily focused on wealth but they would tend to see it as a blessing from God to be used for a good purpose which is the traditional Protestant view, they still think their culture, lifestyle and values in terms of future generations beyond their deaths matter. Atheists have no reason to care if we're all going to end up in the ground anyway and ultimately "buried beneath the debris of a universe in ruins". Though of course what you believe is mistaken, we're all part of something that has a purpose and will last forever. Not forever in it's current form but this is a small part of eternity, this part still matters greatly this as it is what God created.

Can you actually give any proof as to your claims here? You are just ranting on and on making one empty claim after the other,with no objective evidence to validate your finger tapping. You seem to be too stupid to realize that 99 percent of what you post is anecdotal speculative subjective opinions based on what you want to believe. You say we will last forever because you want to last forever and you don't have the balls to admit that.

Plu

Worse yet, you say we will last forever because you think you want to last forever, because you don't even realise what eternal life would mean. Every time you ask christians to explain how a human being would cope with having to live forever, you get bullshit answers. It can't be done; we aren't built to last forever. We're barely built to last a century.

SGOS

Quote from: "Passion of Christ"The crazy radicals are a result of people reacting strongly against people like yourself and places like Europe. You're part of that problem not the moderate believers who accept science/evolution and all that business.
The crazy radicals are the result of two things: They are crazy and they are radical.  It ends there.

Savior2006

After my grandmother died, I looked up both atheism and Christianity, the arguments for and against. I realized that the Christianity and religion in general didn't have any good arguments for it.

Atheism didn't bring me much contentment, but then again neither did religion. I WAS content with the fact that no one was going to burn me forever in the afterlife for the dreadful sin of being human.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano