News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The worst nba teams names

Started by leo, December 22, 2013, 03:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leo

In your opinion , which nba teams have the most stupid names? The bobcats get my vote and the pelicans is easy in the second place.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

mykcob4

Lakers. There are no lakes near LA, so whats the point.
76ers, I know they want to patriotic but really 76ers!
Mavericks. They can't even decide on an appropriate mascot for this thing. Okay so Sam Maverick went against the grain but I wouldn't name a team after him.
Spurs, really a boot assessory? The logo is so utterly ugly.

mykcob4

Oh yes and the Clippers NO clipper ship ever made it's way into Los Angeles. San Diego yes but never LA.

GrinningYMIR

I always hated the heat

Fucking hate it
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Shiranu

Quoteand the pelicans is easy in the second place.

I seem to be the only one who likes that name...

QuoteLakers. There are no lakes near LA, so whats the point.

They aren't originally from the region.

QuoteSpurs, really a boot assessory? The logo is so utterly ugly.

This dude is just trippin' now. Spurs logo is one of the best in the league.

QuoteOh yes and the Clippers NO clipper ship ever made it's way into Los Angeles. San Diego yes but never LA.

Again, they aren't originally from LA but San Diego (before that... New york I think?).

I dislike the Nets the most. Just... a boring name imo.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mykcob4

Quote from: "Shiranu"
Quoteand the pelicans is easy in the second place.

I seem to be the only one who likes that name...

QuoteLakers. There are no lakes near LA, so whats the point.

They aren't originally from the region.

QuoteSpurs, really a boot assessory? The logo is so utterly ugly.

This dude is just trippin' now. Spurs logo is one of the best in the league.

QuoteOh yes and the Clippers NO clipper ship ever made it's way into Los Angeles. San Diego yes but never LA.

Again, they aren't originally from LA but San Diego (before that... New york I think?).

I dislike the Nets the most. Just... a boring name imo.
The Lakers are from Minnesota the land of the lakes, so they should have changed the name when the moved to LA.
The Pelicans is an appropriate name but it isn't aggressive. The Jazz should have never left. Utah isn't a "Jazz" state at all. More pop and country. The Jazz was the best name for a sports franchize WHEN IT WAS IN NEW ORLEANS!
The Clippers did start in San Diego and the name worked there but not in LA. It makes no sense.
As for the Spurs. I just don't like it. It's like if having a team in Elkheart Indiana and you called it the "Hammers."
My favorite franchize sports name is a minor league baseball team(now since gone) in Austin that was named the bats. Baseball uses bats and the city of Austin has a large population of Mexican freetail bats. Every evening at dusk you can stand on a bridge and witness close to 40 million bats leaving to feed at night, and at dawn you can watch them return.

stromboli

QuoteThe Jazz should have never left. Utah isn't a "Jazz" state at all. More pop and country. The Jazz was the best name for a sports franchize WHEN IT WAS IN NEW ORLEANS!

Totally this. I'm fucking embarrassed to live in Utah for this reason alone. the owners were too cheap to change the franchise name when they moved it. An ABA team at that.

Shiranu

Not NBA, but isn't Austin's hockey team the Bats?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mykcob4

Quote from: "Shiranu"Not NBA, but isn't Austin's hockey team the Bats?
I stated that it was a baseball minor league team and yes NOW the bats are a minor hockey team in Austin.

gussy

I like the Pelicans as something original.  The Jazz is a great name for an NBA team as well.  Just not a team in Salt Lake City.  The Thunder and the Nets are fucking awful though.  The Bullets were a great and fitting name for the team in DC.

ApostateLois

How about football? No team ever beat the Cleveland Browns for the stupidest team name ever. I know they were named in honor of their first coach, Paul Brown, but the unfortunate thing is that it's hard to make a team mascot based on a color. They finally settled on a big, brown dog. They are the only team to have no logo on their helmets--and this very lack of a logo has actually BECOME the logo. I don't even like football, and even I think "Browns" is a dumb name.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

hrdlr110

Quote from: "Shiranu"I dislike the Nets the most. Just... a boring name imo.

Not aptly named in my opinion. Go to most playground courts in Brooklyn and tell me how many nets you find!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts