Why The American Revolution Is Not A Model For Gun Ownership

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, January 19, 2014, 01:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darsenfeld

tell me a psychiatrist (even though it's a spent field as all know) who says a gang member is mentally ill? haha..

Gangs exist due to basic sociology.  So yeah, a gang who kill and rob based on poverty, high crime rates, or simply greed are ill... right...  dope lol..
I never mentioned gangs long ago, i don't care, but yeah, firearms aren't the weapons of choice in the modern world, swords and longbows are, right?  either way, they live a violent lifestyle, based on crime, greed and sociological factors, duh...    So yeah, based on their circumstances (inner city deprived areas of little hope, poverty, abuse, institutional racism, hmmm...  yeah, gangs are irrational..)  

Sorry, I have more sympathy for a gang man than a hunter, nobody needs to hunt in this day, probably does it because he's insecure and needs to prove to himself and others he's bad by shooting a deer... lol.
consistency is for dopes....

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "darsenfeld"tell me a psychiatrist (even though it's a spent field as all know) who says a gang member is mentally ill? haha..

Gangs exist due to basic sociology.  So yeah, a gang who kill and rob based on poverty, high crime rates, or simply greed are ill... right...  dope lol..
I never mentioned gangs long ago, i don't care, but yeah, firearms aren't the weapons of choice in the modern world, swords and longbows are, right?  either way, they live a violent lifestyle, based on crime, greed and sociological factors, duh...    So yeah, based on their circumstances (inner city deprived areas of little hope, poverty, abuse, institutional racism, hmmm...  yeah, gangs are irrational..)  

Sorry, I have more sympathy for a gang man than a hunter, nobody needs to hunt in this day, probably does it because he's insecure and needs to prove to himself and others he's bad by shooting a deer... lol.

Oh so because "guns are the weapon of choice" makes it ok for gangs to use them? Again do you see the stupidity you try to pass off as intelligent?

http://thestreetsdontloveyouback.ning.c ... -joining-1,
http://www.gangfree.org/gangs_why.html,
http://www.sacsheriff.com/crime_prevent ... isk_01.cfm.

Notice how NONE of those list money as the highest reason. Do you just post the first thing that pops into your empty little head and try to pass it off without an ounce of proof? In fact a simple web search shows you to be wrong more often than not. You claim to be from England, you do know that most gang murders are still by the knife right, the same for Ireland and several Pacific Island Nations. So again, tell me how bad gangs need guns.

And you do know that there are people who can't afford to go to the market and buy enough meat for their families(in the US) and that they use hunting to supplement their food budget. Also outside of several speciality stores it is quite difficult to get venison, duck, or any number of quite delicious meats. And as a hunter myself, I eat EVERYTHING I kill. You seem to know nothing about anything.

Again I have to ask
Did you take the short bus to school? While wearing a helmet by chance?
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

darsenfeld

The UK (lulz.. learn proper sovereign-state labels if you claim to be intelligent) doesn't have a gun culture.

The fact is gangs exist for sociological reasons, it's a no brainer.  and you didn't answer my question so I won't answer yours, it may annoy your socially needy arse, so what, not my issue.  If gangs exist it's for good reason, and if they kill or injure it's also for good reason.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "darsenfeld"The UK (lulz.. learn proper sovereign-state labels if you claim to be intelligent) doesn't have a gun culture.

The fact is gangs exist for sociological reasons, it's a no brainer.  and you didn't answer my question so I won't answer yours, it may annoy your socially needy arse, so what, not my issue.  If gangs exist it's for good reason, and if they kill or injure it's also for good reason.

Ok Here you go:
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-23275139

Sooooo yea Id say they are more likely to be mentally ill. Care to try again
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

darsenfeld

er.. your hyperlink says that it's a byproduct of being in gangs, not entering or having membership in gangs per se.  People are different and human motivations are different.  People in criminal activity fall within the normal mental health spectrum, which is based on scientific conclusions not what "society" may deem fit or "lacking empathy".  And yeah, if they're ill by chance of experiencing violence, er.. it figures.  So WWII vets who suffered from PTSD were weird, well yeah, seeing Nazi soldiers turn your comrades into shreds with machine guns won't have an effect on people...

besides, I contend given the lifestyle, SOME weapon is required since it's inherently violence-based.  No matter, you don't clearly get the human condition, not my problem...

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "darsenfeld"er.. your hyperlink says that it's a byproduct of being in gangs, not entering or having membership in gangs per se.  People are different and human motivations are different.  People in criminal activity fall within the normal mental health spectrum, which is based on scientific conclusions not what "society" may deem fit or "lacking empathy".  And yeah, if they're ill by chance of experiencing violence, er.. it figures.  So WWII vets who suffered from PTSD were weird, well yeah, seeing Nazi soldiers turn your comrades into shreds with machine guns won't have an effect on people...

besides, I contend given the lifestyle, SOME weapon is required since it's inherently violence-based.  No matter, you don't clearly get the human condition, not my problem...

Wow so according to the first line you disagree with the link, then you proceed to agree with what the article said. So, uh, which one is it brainiac?
As to a weapon being needed, I believe this entire thing started on the subject of GUNS being needed(according to your opinion) not other weapons. Something that by the way Ive disproven.

And as most people aren't born into a gang, its something that is joined later in life, they are most likely(according to the studies) to have been subjected to a fair amount of gang related violence prior to even joining a gang.

QuoteIf gangs exist it's for good reason, and if they kill or injure it's also for good reason.
Gangs kill for a good reason? What pray tell do you think a "good reason" for gangs to kill each other?
By the way, most gangs(in the US) tend to kill for drug turf disputes, revenge for killing a member(who most likely was a revenge for another murder), or because of "disrespect". Soooo tell me where is the "good reason" in that?

And as for me "not understanding the human condition". LOFUCKINGL. I have been to most countries in the world(both in the military and as a professional fighter). I have seen the human condition in quite a few places, I have seen humans at their best, I have seen them at their worst. Besides making up bullshit and trying to sound intelligent, what experience with this "human condition" do you have?

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "darsenfeld"Yes, because modern USA culture has the exact needs and values as in the 1780s.  yeah..so they need guns because there's no police, and you have to sometimes shoot slaves who run away, yeah they're your property, but in all property there's risk of loss.......  

Call this judgmental, but then the scope for gun ownership bar recreation or police/armed forces work is very limited in modern society.  People who own guns are largely insecure, or think a gun makes them a badman or something.  A person who isn't a police officer, armed forces personnel or a gang leader/member who owns a gun isn't balanced IMHO....

What other parts of the Bill of Rights should we ignore on the basis that it was written in the 1780s?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "darsenfeld"Yes, because modern USA culture has the exact needs and values as in the 1780s.  yeah..so they need guns because there's no police, and you have to sometimes shoot slaves who run away, yeah they're your property, but in all property there's risk of loss.......  

Call this judgmental, but then the scope for gun ownership bar recreation or police/armed forces work is very limited in modern society.  People who own guns are largely insecure, or think a gun makes them a badman or something.  A person who isn't a police officer, armed forces personnel or a gang leader/member who owns a gun isn't balanced IMHO....
Lobbing ad hominem attacks against millions of people because they own something you don't like them owning....nice job, you seem like a total prick.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

darsenfeld

Johan

Quote from: "darsenfeld"er.. it's just an opinion lol..
An uninformed one.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

darsenfeld

darsenfeld

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"

What other parts of the Bill of Rights should we ignore on the basis that it was written in the 1780s?

hmm...so you think laws can never be updated to suit?

i don't really care, I'm not an American.  But then, I agree with all of them as they stand and have stood.  and?

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "darsenfeld"ok, but then all opinions are of equal value...
Bullshit, absolute fucking bullshit. Are you saying that if I had racist opinions that it would be as valid as someone who had non racist opinions? It is what you form from the facts that makes a good opinion. An opinion is only as valid as the evidence it is based on.

When you characterize an entire group of people and justify as "meh, it's an opinion dude" that doesn't fly. When you say that people who own guns aren't balanced you are demonizing an entire group of people just to suit your political ideas. To say that gun owners as a group are imbalanced is to deny the facts. Most gun owners aren't going out and killing people and committing crimes. Yes it's more likely that someone who owns a gun will commit homicide and/or suicide, but you didn't say that. You said gun owners are largely insecure and imbalanced, and that's bullshit.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"
Quote from: "darsenfeld"ok, but then all opinions are of equal value...
Bullshit, absolute fucking bullshit. Are you saying that if I had racist opinions that it would be as valid as someone who had non racist opinions? It is what you form from the facts that makes a good opinion. An opinion is only as valid as the evidence it is based on.

When you characterize an entire group of people and justify as "meh, it's an opinion dude" that doesn't fly. When you say that people who own guns aren't balanced you are demonizing an entire group of people just to suit your political ideas. To say that gun owners as a group are imbalanced is to deny the facts. Most gun owners aren't going out and killing people and committing crimes. Yes it's more likely that someone who owns a gun will commit homicide and our suicide, but you didn't say that. You said gun owners are largely insecure and imbalanced, and that's bullshit.

Do keep in mind that this brainiac is attempting to argue that gang members/leaders NEED their guns and that hunters are unbalanced wannabe "macho men" who want to use their guns to disprove some inadequacy.

The Skeletal Atheist

Yeah, I had that in mind but it's so stupid I didn't even feel like addressing it.