What Christians Fear, And Why It's Stupid

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, January 18, 2014, 11:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

QuoteIf we fund a Catholic hospital then we should have the right to deny abortions in that hospital.

See, this is why I don't like calling the catholic church a charity; they're only in it to further their own goals. They have no desire to be charitable, only to push their own views on the world wherever they can.

Poison Tree

Quote from: "irish"You can go buy your own damn condoms if you want and birth control which apparently few people use given the abortion rate.
You mean the abortion rate which is at an all time low?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "irish"Why do you give a flying F about the Catholic Church?  Has it truly infringed upon some right of yours? The Catholic Church.
The state legislates gay and lesbian rights and atheist rights  not the Church.
Irish.
What the fuck aren't you getting about the fact that your church uses its political sway and money to deny the rights of others? Yes the state does legislate things, but your church keeps on meddling in the affairs of the state.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews

Read that and tell me that's not meddling.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AtDawnTheySquee

Quote from: "irish"Why do you give a flying F about the Catholic Church?  Has it truly infringed upon some right of yours? The Catholic Church.
Irish.
Well I'm constantly having Catholic bullshit shoved down my throat by parents and my grandma. Oh, and are you familiar with this wonderful thing called "separation of church and state"? The Church has absolutely no place in law.

Thumpalumpacus

Irish.

Because the Church is a sack of shit.  Church officials are complicit in the deaths of millions of Africans, and the molestation of tens of thousands of children.

Even your own Bible says, "by the tree shall ye judge the fruit." Your church is rotten fruit indeed, m'friend.  One day you will rue having supported such evil ... I hope.

Anyone supporting such an evil organization at the time the perpetrated their crimes is party to that evil themselves, and has blood on their hands.

Also, among other Churches, the Catholic Church lobbies for its doctrine to be ensconced into law.  That means that even us atheists should care about what thoses shitbags in the Vatican do and say.
<insert witty aphorism here>

stromboli

The Catholic church and every other church gives exactly according to how much of the message they can include with the gift. Mormons, Catholics and every other group that goes to a disaster area with relief is wearing a tshirt announcing who they are. There is no anonymity in their actions. They are selling their religion with the giving.

And Catholic hospitals make large money. They don't stay in business on charity.