What Christians Fear, And Why It's Stupid

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, January 18, 2014, 11:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

http://www.newstatesman.com/2014/01/chr ... advantages

QuoteShe warns of a world around the corner in which religion will be a secret activity behind closed doors.
Conveniently forgetting this line from her own holy book:
Quote from: "Matthew 6:5-8"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

:-$ Don't spread the word. Let em ALL burn in HELL!  :twisted:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"http://www.newstatesman.com/2014/01/christians-are-merely-losing-their-unfair-advantages

QuoteShe warns of a world around the corner in which religion will be a secret activity behind closed doors.
Conveniently forgetting this line from her own holy book:
Quote from: "Matthew 6:5-8"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
It's the same old crap. I'm persecuted because "I can't discriminate against people of color, women and gays. I can't force my religion on everyone everywhere. This nation was founded by Christians and only for Christians upon Christian principles." I am so sick of this crap I can't see straight.
The fact is the people that are persecuted are atheist, gays, liberals, people of color, women, scientist, journalist, teachers, workers, unions, historians, and anyone that doesn't kowtow to the religious Christian right.
I've got a clue for the religious right that want to hijack liberty and freedom. The fact is that one isn't for liberty or freedom unless you are a liberal, a liberal progressive. Yes that means conservatives, republicans, libertarians, tea partiers, evangelicals, Christians, are all against liberty and freedom, because they cannot understand or accept the tenets of the Constitution of the United States of America. And that goes for people in foreign nations as well.
Only the U.S. Constitution is truly the harbinger of real freedom because it protects the rights of the individual. You can't get that unless you endorse Liberal Progressive idealism.
I am not for discriminating against opposing ideals but I will not allow Christians to proclaim that they are being persecuted when they are clearly are not, nor will I allow conservatives to hijack the true meaning of freedom.

AllPurposeAtheist

Myk..you make to many generalizations often forgetting most black churches are overwhelmingly Democrat and subscribe to liberal policies. I think they're just as nutty where religion is concerned,  but you lump em all together. It doesn't work quite as simple as you tend to paint it.

stromboli

QuoteShe writes that once there was a golden time where churches dominated and tithes were paid. This was also a time when the bubonic plague laid waste to villages, when graveyards were filled with babies and mothers who had died in childbirth, and the marriage of young children to grown men was an accepted part of existence. The past was indeed different. I would debate whether it was better simply because there were so many more churches where you could mourn your losses and marry children.

Love it when the xtians whine about loss of rights.

Thumpalumpacus

lol, those poor, persecuted Christians, with their powerless minority of adherents.
<insert witty aphorism here>

neversondaniel

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist":-$ Don't spread the word. Let em ALL burn in HELL!  :twisted:
I hope you dont worship the devil.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "neversondaniel"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist":-$ Don't spread the word. Let em ALL burn in HELL!  :twisted:
Why would we worship something that doesn't exist?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

sunnyK

My dad is a fundie, and he is afraid to have sex. He has not done ANYTHING since my mom left almost 12 years ago! Yeah, most fundie practice that in theory, but in reality, celibacy is freaking weird.

AllPurposeAtheist

I worship my guitar and it says yous people are nuttier than a Planters Peanut factory.  [-o<

GrinningYMIR

I'm going to worship someone from a video game, because his morals are good morals and he's not shoving down propaganda when he comes across people who don't see as he does

So fuck off
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

AllPurposeAtheist

Ya know.. I'm glad hell scares the *hell* out of them. I hope it keeps them up at nights and gives them ulcers and diarrhea and hemorrhoids.  It serves them right for being so dopey.  =D>

AtDawnTheySquee

Because Christians are such an oppressed minority... (obvious sarcasm)

Solitary

What Christians fear is the unknown. That's why they have to have absolute knowledge and all the answers with God. If they would just believe in the Invisible Pink Lesbian Unicorn they wouldn't be so scared because there is no hell with Her.  :roll:  :rolleyes:  :lol: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Meh..let em hide in the dark ages. To bad they drag the uneducated down with them, but as long as they fear knowledge it just means more of it for everyone else.