News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Heaven is for real trailer

Started by Agramon, January 09, 2014, 03:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agramon

Oh man, I'm going definitely going to the midnight showing of this one. Looks like a real winner:

[youtube:2lvv3njt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ewaCVARtM[/youtube:2lvv3njt]

Maybe there will be a double feature with "God's not dead" and this. One can only dream.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Plu

It actually looks like it could be really cool. It's a shame so many people will try to use it as proof of something or as a propaganda tool, (and it might even be meant as such) or it might actually be a really good movie :)

stromboli

The book is written by a pastor about his son. There are any number of ways this could be bogus, including simple suggestions made to warp the kid's perceptions. I would have to have major documentation to buy this one.

If it were about an atheist with supporting evidence, maybe. I've seen too many "faith promoting" stories to buy it outright.

Insult to Rocks

This looks stupid just from a writing standpoint as well. Everyone suddenly believes that this kid went to heaven? Really? He's like five! Kids say stupid stuff all the time. Also, what's even the conflict here? So he saw heaven. So what? Is the whole movie just going to be the kid listing off dead people he saw in heaven? That's not entertaining. [-X
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

stromboli

Been looking through some websites on this.... even Christian websites are calling it a scam. Apparently the author is an anti-abortion activist and there are references to dead embryos in heaven and so on. In other words it is bullshit and is going to get eaten up by the evangelical fundies as "proof"

mykcob4

Quote from: "Agramon"Oh man, I'm going definitely going to the midnight showing of this one. Looks like a real winner:

Writer posted a YouTube video

Maybe there will be a double feature with "God's not dead" and this. One can only dream.
That trailer made me sick...."A true story" yeah right. What a bunch of crap sold to the superstitious blind obedient American public!

AllPurposeAtheist

It's a fraud.  God won't let me watch it on my mobile device.  Oh wait! How silly of me. God is merely testing my faith..  :-$
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"This looks stupid just from a writing standpoint as well. Everyone suddenly believes that this kid went to heaven? Really? He's like five! Kids say stupid stuff all the time.
+1

That and you could test the hell out of something like this (the out-of-body experience for starters), but waving a picture in front of the kid and saying "Is this Pop?"  "Yes, that's pop." is not going to cut it!  Seems eerily like they're pressuring him for specific responses then rewarding the hell out him for them, then coming back to him with more and more questions, repeating the cycle and building up the poor kid as some sort of religious leader.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Plu"It actually looks like it could be really cool. It's a shame so many people will try to use it as proof of something or as a propaganda tool, (and it might even be meant as such) or it might actually be a really good movie :)
It does look like it's going to be a cool movie.

In fact my mom and sister already read the book a few years ago. and yes, they think it's proof.

Even christians say it's fake, btw. //http://www.discerningtheworld.com/2012/01/24/heaven-is-for-real-this-story-is-not/