News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

From Natural Gas to Gasoline

Started by josephpalazzo, January 15, 2014, 10:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

And it would cost half-price... if only. Anyhoo, read and weep.

QuoteIf Siluria really can make cheap gasoline from natural gas it will have achieved something that has eluded the world's top chemists and oil and gas companies for decades. Indeed, finding an inexpensive and direct way to upgrade natural gas into more valuable and useful chemicals and fuels could finally mean a cheap replacement for petroleum.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/52 ... t=20140115

Shiranu

A. Doesn't sound particularly encouraging since it is still a dirty energy that requires dirty energy to extract.

B.
QuoteBecause of the nature of its throw-everything-at-the-wall approach, it doesn't know precisely how its new catalyst works. All it knows is that the process appears to work.

That always works out... the good ol', "I have no idea what I'm doing technique"..

Interesting non-the-less though. Would make a decent stopping point between dirty and clean energy, so long as we don't start relying on it too much because it's cheap.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

Quote from: "Shiranu"the good ol', "I have no idea what I'm doing technique"..

why do I envision a giant Rube Goldberg device?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust