I'll have leg of muslim, please. To go!!......

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, January 13, 2014, 09:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youssuf Ramadan

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 55510.html

QuoteCannibal in Central African Republic ate man's leg as 'revenge' for his family's murder

A man in the Central African Republic (CAR) ate another man's flesh to seek "revenge" for the murder of his family, it has been reported.
The man who called himself Mad Dog was a member of a Christian mob who attacked a Muslim man in the capital Bengui, according to the BBC.
Mad Dog explained he was angry because Muslims killed his pregnant wife, his sister-in-law and her baby.
He told the BBC that he saw his victim board a bus and decided to follow him.
Joined by a gang of 20 youths, Mad Dog lead the mob and forced the driver to stop the bus.
The mob then dragged the Muslim man onto the street, where they allegedly beat and stabbed him before setting him on fire.
Video footage of the incident shows the man's dismembered body being dragged around the street.
Mad Dog then eats the man's leg raw, while onlookers make no attempt to intervene, the BBC reported.
Ghislein Nzoto, an eye witness, told the BBC: "People started attacking him, kicking him. They smashed a rock against his head. They kept going even after he was dead."
Acts of cannibalism are rare in the CAR, but many Christian fighters believe in magic, including wearing jewellery containing the flesh of men they have killed. Fighters believe the flesh makes them invincible, according to the BBC reporter.
At least 1,000 people have been killed and tens of thousands made refugees in the north central African country in violence that began in December last year.
The former President Michel Djotodia stepped down in mid January after he seized power last year in a coup that led to the violence.

Obviously religious sectarianism and slaughter is nothing new in central Africa, but the mixture of local juju with Christianity was something I hadn't really thought about.  Anyway, it's the first time I've heard of cannibalism being committed as part of the ongoing warring....  Fava beans and a nice Chianti, I presume....   :shock:

Plu

It's a good thing christians would never do something like... oh.

And people still don't believe we came from animals. This kind of behaviour certainly seems to fit just that.

stromboli

The mixture of local juju and christianity is modern voodoo in the Americas. Ritual/symbolic imbibing in human flesh isn't new, even if the context is. I've seen the intermingling of pagan beliefs with religion in Mormonism also. One thing you can say about Africa- when they get "back to the basics" on religion, they don't fuck around.

AllPurposeAtheist

Hey, don't be raggin on freedom of religion.  Amurka's founding fathers came on the Mayflower so you could eat people!  :twisted:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

I've been known to eat young ladies muffs in the past.  :shock:   Does that make me an animal? #-o  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: "Solitary"I've been known to eat young ladies muffs in the past.  :shock:   Does that make me an animal? #-o  :lol:  Solitary

It depends on the act itself
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Insult to Rocks

Wait, he set the guy on fire, but decided to eat his leg raw? This guy has weird culinary tastes, even for a cannibal.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Solitary"I've been known to eat young ladies muffs in the past.  :shock:   Does that make me an animal? #-o  :lol:  Solitary
I never really got that expression eating 'muff' always sounded kinda gruesome.  That's never really stopped me, but the strange mental imagery...man..some ladies will go to scarey lengths for pleasure though,  huh?  :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

oral sex is fine and dandy when it's me and a gal, but frankly its disgusting when I think of you pigs doing it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Insult to Rocks

From religious inspired cannibalism to oral sex. Makes sense? :-?
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"From religious inspired cannibalism to oral sex. Makes sense? :-?

Welcome to the internet  :lol:

ApostateLois

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"Wait, he set the guy on fire, but decided to eat his leg raw? This guy has weird culinary tastes, even for a cannibal.

Do you think he ate it skin-on? That's always the crispiest bit.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

zarus tathra

?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"Wait, he set the guy on fire, but decided to eat his leg raw? This guy has weird culinary tastes, even for a cannibal.
Are you joking? Raw meat is delicious! :tonqe: