LGBT People: The Pope is Not Our Ally

Started by The Skeletal Atheist, January 12, 2014, 02:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the2ndcominofjebus

Quote from: "Atheon"
Quote from: "GSOgymrat"As an atheist, why should I care what the Pope says about anything?
Because he has tremendous influence over hundreds of millions of people who vote and over tens of thousands who make laws and decide public policy.

thinking about it causes pain and self-harm. lol the pope is telling africans not to wear condoms, somehow seeing how his hail mary piece of shit book backs evolution, etc. the pope is a moron, plain and simple. read this forum for 10 minutes, you'll never believe in christ-insanity. do these people avoid the internet? science text books?
"If god doesn\'t like the way I live, let him tell me, not you."

"Give a man a fish, and you\'ll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he\'ll starve to death while praying for a fish."

irish

Quote from: "the2ndcominofjebus"
Quote from: "Atheon"
Quote from: "GSOgymrat"As an atheist, why should I care what the Pope says about anything?
Because he has tremendous influence over hundreds of millions of people who vote and over tens of thousands who make laws and decide public policy.

thinking about it causes pain and self-harm. lol the pope is telling africans not to wear condoms, somehow seeing how his hail mary piece of shit book backs evolution, etc. the pope is a moron, plain and simple. read this forum for 10 minutes, you'll never believe in christ-insanity. do these people avoid the internet? science text books?

Are you kidding me the Pope is that powerful in your mind.  The media follows him around like a lap dog.  Somewhere  near 1/2 the Catholics supposedly are against the teaching of the Church on birth control, homosexuality and some pro choice.  Why they remain Catholic is beyond me.  They should leave the Church instead of staying and bitching and moaning so much for it won't make a difference in the doctrine.

Africans aren't going to wear condoms.  Who the hell is wearing condoms.  If birth control were the answer why are there so many abortions?
So what if you think the Pope is a moron. The more it's mentioned about the Pope the more bizarre I find it atheists care about the Pope.
You have worse enemies in Fundamentalists than any Pope.

I have read this forum for more than 10 minutes.  Sex and drugs.  
See where that gets ya.
Irish,

Plu

QuoteAfricans aren't going to wear condoms.

I know, that's the Pope's fault.

QuoteWho the hell is wearing condoms.

Most people in well-informed, non-religious countries.

QuoteIf birth control were the answer why are there so many abortions?

Sexual shaming and misinformation spread by various religions.

There's a reason teenage pregnancy goes down with proper information on how to use birth control and other sex ed, and goes up with higher religiosity. That reason is that religious bullshit actually causes more accidental pregnancy.

This is because of a fact (one of these things that churches are allergic to ;)) namely the fact that people will have sex. The only things you can do are either facing those facts (net result: less teenage pregnancy, fewer stds, etc) or try to ignore those facts, apply wishful thinking and teaching religious dogma (net result: more teenage pregnancy and stds)

Also, sex and drugs, if used well informed and within reason, get you a lot of happiness. The problem lies with people trying to deny access to information.