News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Afterlife

Started by Insult to Rocks, January 08, 2014, 04:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbarian

It does not take a god to hold afterlife as being something real. Most people think afterlife is about them, but as for most religious dwellers it does come done to what glorified bullshit that they bought into in the first place. To me afterlife is pretty straight forward thinking and it isn't about what happens to me for example after I die but what memories other will reflect about me, is it good or bad. So with this being said, everyone that I knew that dies before me will hold a certain afterlife of memories from me until I die, at this time their afterlife that I had given them through basic remembrances of them will be lost. So then the real question comes into play is afterlife eternal or just temporary as life itself? Hallowed be thy name...

Youssuf Ramadan

According to the Bible, I understand that only 144,000 people are going to heaven anyway.  So the majority of the judaeo-christian bunch are fucked from the outset.

As for Muslims:

Quran 7:177 He whom God guideth is the guided and whom he misleadeth shall be lost

Quran 16:95 Had God pleased, he could have made you one people: but he causeth whom he will to err, and whom he will guideth: and ye shall assuredly be called to account for your doings.

Basically, Allah makes you do whatever he wants, then punishes you if he made you do something bad.  Add to this the notion that eventually the umma will be divided into 73 sects, only one of whom shall go to heaven.  Again.... most of 'em are fucked.  And Allah is a sycophantic megalomaniac asshole.

#-o

St Giordano Bruno

Who in their right mind would want to go to Heaven where as I interpret it, it is ruled by a tyrannical dictator by the name of Jehovah or Yahweh or whatnot?
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

leo

Quote from: "St Giordano Bruno"Who in their right mind would want to go to Heaven where as I interpret it, it is ruled by a tyrannical dictator by the name of Jehovah or Yahweh or whatnot?
Well hardcore religious people are nuts.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

leo

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"According to the Bible, I understand that only 144,000 people are going to heaven anyway.  So the majority of the judaeo-christian bunch are fucked from the outset.

As for Muslims:

Quran 7:177 He whom God guideth is the guided and whom he misleadeth shall be lost

Quran 16:95 Had God pleased, he could have made you one people: but he causeth whom he will to err, and whom he will guideth: and ye shall assuredly be called to account for your doings.

Basically, Allah makes you do whatever he wants, then punishes you if he made you do something bad.  Add to this the notion that eventually the umma will be divided into 73 sects, only one of whom shall go to heaven.  Again.... most of 'em are fucked.  And Allah is a sycophantic megalomaniac asshole.

#-o
Well, that's a matter of interpretation . According to Roman catholics , orthodox christians and most protestants sects this 144,000 is a symbolic number. Maybe the author or authors of the revelation book mean this number to be literal . In that case yeah , we are screwed. It's all bullshit anyways.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

the_antithesis

It takes a very special kind of intelligence to think that you'll live forever after you die.

stromboli

The 144,000 is mostly a Jehovah's Witness thing. I did a measure once and without doing a whole bunch of quote mining, heaven in Revelations is described as a cube 1500 miles by 1500 miles. I think I figured once it could comfortably hold billions of people with room to spare, assuming we were all laying about and drooling. But it is also described as having fruit trees and streets of gold, so whatever. Considering all the people in history that have lived, there would be room for the righteous.

Personally I'm opting for Philip Jose Farmer's Riverworld. Now that would be kickass.

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: "leo"Well, that's a matter of interpretation.

As ever.... and isn't it strange how the interpretations always match their own beliefs...  :P

Quote from: "leo"It's all bullshit anyways.

Yup!

Krisyork2008

^^^Stromb!!^^^

So true, Riverworld is where it's at.

I like to imagine another world, full of life, where everyone awakens in their prime, exactly how they desire themselves to be. And whatever happens, happens. If you die, you are booted down to a shittier world and the only way out of there is to find the Mystical Key of Rightousnous, but that key is hidden atop Mount Doom.

To get to Mt. Doom you have to enlist the help of the Eagles, but they don't understand your language. So you have to travel to Kokiriko Village and find the Book of Mudora to translate. Unfortunately, Kokiriko Village is infested by Dementors, so you have to travel to Hogwarts to learn "Expecto Patronum", which will move them out of the village. At Hogwarts though things have turned for the worse, and Skynet has moved in with T-800s...
Quote from: \"sweetjesus\"you cant push a dog into a pond and it turn into a fish-- evolution is rong. Why we still got monkeys?"?
Quote from: \"GurrenLagann\"Can\'t handle criticism? Find another species. \":)\"
"The catholic church is not a force for good, and fuck you for saying so." - Matt Dillahunty
"The holy spirit can\'t hold a pen." -Russel Brand

the_antithesis

Maybe the afterlife is like vanilla Minecraft.