News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Apartment Hunting Sucks! (Image Heavy)

Started by wolf39us, January 12, 2014, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"The hard part is transporting them.
They're shipping containers. Being transported is pretty much the only thing they're designed to do.
Ok, make it the expensive part then.  :wink:
You can buy a 40 ft storage/shipping container as cheap as $1500 which is sturdier than most mobile homes. Getting it shipped where you want it cost a bit..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Johan

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"The hard part is transporting them.
They're shipping containers. Being transported is pretty much the only thing they're designed to do.
Ok, make it the expensive part then.  :wink:
You can buy a 40 ft storage/shipping container as cheap as $1500 which is sturdier than most mobile homes. Getting it shipped where you want it cost a bit..
Roger that. No argument there. Moving them is easy, just takes a phone call or two. But it ain't cheap.  :)
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm thinking a 20 footer could be moved cheap with mobile home wheels/axels and a decent pickup truck. The place next to where I used to live made offices out of them and moved them with pickups.  :-k

hillbillyatheist

I'd be happy in an RV or some such. as long as I'm in a safe neighborhood, and the plumbing, heating/AC and appliances and such works, and no pests.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"I'd be happy in an RV or some such. as long as I'm in a safe neighborhood, and the plumbing, heating/AC and appliances and such works, and no pests.
Yeah, vermin suck..Can't blame ya there..

wolf39us

So I had a Condo association turn me away because HOA doesn't allow scooters.  

I'm interested in another place near the beach... noticed it was run by a different HOA and called them.  Spoke with the secretary there and she said a maximum of two vehicles are allowed to any given unit!

I have a scooter and a car, but my gf has a scooter as well :-(

hillbillyatheist

LOL every place I can afford here in Denver are literal crime hotspots. I wouldn't live there unless I could afford a gun, and a bullet vest.

Norman on the other hand has loads of affordable places and not near as much crime, but Oklahoma is way too conservative for my tastes, and seem to be only getting worse.  

of course I'd rather get preached then shot at.

my friends landlord wouldn't let me move in without making the cost eliminate the whole point of moving in.

so it looks like there's a good chance I'll be back in my home state in a few months.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here