Vatican Refuses to Extradite Child Molester

Started by stromboli, January 11, 2014, 04:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insult to Rocks

Another one?  God, even as a Catholic, we were always joking and deriding the church for being infested with molesters. What do you think would happen if all the kids in the Catholic Church suddenly left? Would the Vatican just implode?
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

stromboli

You can't get away from the fact that an organization that runs a certain way and tacitly allows certain behavior for centuries is not suddenly going to be different. Birth control, homosexuality and condom usage all fly in the face of long standing and ingrained policies. And even longer standing is the practice behind the curtains, dating back centuries. Simple logic dictates that pedophiles would gravitate to such an organization because it has to defend itself, and is powerful enough to do so. Talk about living in a state of denial.

The Pope is a fraud. He is just a smoother liar than his predecessor.

Regens Küchl

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"Another one?  God, even as a Catholic, we were always joking and deriding the church for being infested with molesters. What do you think would happen if all the kids in the Catholic Church suddenly left? Would the Vatican just implode?
That is why they are baptizing them as newborns when they cant run away, so the church owns them as little boys to be handled by the christian priests as is their pleasure :oops:

Hydra009

Quote from: "stromboli"You can't get away from the fact that an organization that runs a certain way and tacitly allows certain behavior for centuries is not suddenly going to be different. Birth control, homosexuality and condom usage all fly in the face of long standing and ingrained policies. And even longer standing is the practice behind the curtains, dating back centuries. Simple logic dictates that pedophiles would gravitate to such an organization because it has to defend itself, and is powerful enough to do so. Talk about living in a state of denial.
And marriage is a no-no.  So applicants must be sexually frustrated, no interest in adult women, get access to kids, and basically no accountability.  It almost looks like they go out of their way to hire pedophiles.

Solitary

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "EntirelyOfThisWorld"It never ceases to amaze me how most people are so susceptible to bullshit.  GW Bush gave a rousing speach on 9/12/01 and 90% of the country fell in lock step after him. (I am proud to say I was one of the rational 10%)  Now Don Francisco talks all pretty about gay rights and all that yadda yadda blah blah, and it is refreshing to se someone else who is waiting for him to actually DO something.  I hope you're not holding your breath, cause I sure aint.
1) Where were you guys like 2-3 threads ago?  Previously, refusing to countenance this charm offensive by pointing out the bleeding obvious that the Vatican hasn't done anything to match its new image would get you flak for "hating" the Pope or Catholicism in general.  Because naturally, only a hateful person could point this stuff out.

(Stromboli deserves extra props for consistently bringing this uncomfortable truth up over and over again - that the deeds do not match the words.)

2) The Pope did not talk about gay rights.  His comment was in reference to gay priests, which apparently were widely misinterpreted as some sort of endorsement of gay rights.  They couldn't be more wrong.

I'll second that!  =D>  For Stromboli. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Thanks. I got my education from the Mormon church. They are PR champs, the Papacy the PR Grand Masters.

leo

Quote from: "stromboli"Thanks. I got my education from the Mormon church. They are PR champs, the Papacy the PR Grand Masters.
I love reading your posts and your Mormons posts are epic.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

stromboli

SGOS

I went to a Catholic Mass one time.  People were bobbing up and down, first on their knees, then standing, then down on their knees again.  Everyone would cross themselves at the same time, while the priest babbled on in Latin and rang bells.  They all looked like trained monkeys doing absolutely pointless stuff because like good Catholics, they did what they were told.  Holy shit!  If they are willing to act as if their lives are directed by a square dance caller, then they will never question the criminal hypocrisy of their church leaders.  The Vatican can get away with this kind of behavior, because it's followers are sheep who would prefer to be told what to do and how to think.  They demand nothing from the Pope, other than that he say some things that sound thoughtful.  They praise the words, but seem unaware of the actions.

randompattern

Given the Catholic churches track record with little kids, it amazes me that anyone would ever trust them with their children. These pedos seem to think that's why the kids are there.
If God is the answer, it must have been a very stupid question.

stromboli

Quote from: "randompattern"Given the Catholic churches track record with little kids, it amazes me that anyone would ever trust them with their children. These pedos seem to think that's why the kids are there.

Yeah, no kidding. It is a stunning example of disassociation/cognitive dissonance that they cannot see the ingrained nature of this behavior.

randompattern

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "randompattern"Given the Catholic churches track record with little kids, it amazes me that anyone would ever trust them with their children. These pedos seem to think that's why the kids are there.

Yeah, no kidding. It is a stunning example of disassociation/cognitive dissonance that they cannot see the ingrained nature of this behavior.

They're catholic so we know they're delusional already, but the level of (it couldn't happen to my kid) is crazy.
If God is the answer, it must have been a very stupid question.

barbarian

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Wait, the Catholic Church is protecting kiddy-fiddlers?

I think this guy was the biggest player in this facade in recent years and also I believe that it was the biggest reason he retired.

I see what you did here...

Now bow...

I SAID BOW...

You will burn in hell, I will personally over see it...

Wave bah bye!

This guy is a joke, but what he did wasn't...

VladK

Quote from: "stromboli"http://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/310/0/vatican-refuses-to-extradite-polish-archbishop-accused-of-child-sex-abuse

QuoteThe Vatican has refused to extradite a Polish archbishop who was accused of sex abuse while serving as papal nuncio in the Dominican Republic.
In a statement the Holy See said that Archbishop Jozef Wesolowski was a citizen of the Vatican, and that Vatican law did not allow for his extradition.
The District Prosecutor's Office in Warsaw had requested the clarification, Polish news agency thenews.pl reported today, adding that the Holy See was pursuing its own investigation against the Archbishop.
Archbishop Wesolowski was dismissed as papal nuncio in the Dominican Republic in August last year and was recalled to the Vatican, where is currently believed to be living. He and a Polish priest, Father Wojciech Gil, have been accused of sexually abusing young boys.
The Dominican Republic's Attorney General last year sent case files concerning Archbishop Wesolowski to Poland and files concerning Fr Gil to the Vatican.

Another reason why I have trouble buying into the "game changing" new Pope. In my opinion they would vastly improve the accountability of these bastards by complying with the law, rather than asserting their version of a higher law.

Not to sound like the "devil's advocate" but this is pretty much true of all countries and the Vatican is technically a country, they're usually reluctant to extradite their own citizens and at the very least they will want to do their own investigation before that happens. I'm sure you can imagine why that is so.

That said, I know they have a history of cover-ups (church officials used to move priests accused from one parish to the other), and that should have consequences, especially if they're going to harbor them on Vatican soil. I would like to know what happens next. Will they have a trial according to Vatican criminal code, or will be it swept under the rug, it is not over yet. Perhaps the DR should reconsider its "diplomatic relation" with Vatican if this doesn't turn out well.

SGOS

They recently nailed a Cardinal in Chicago for covering up.  I heard it on NPR, yesterday, and I didn't catch all the details. I gathered he was not molesting himself, but conspired with other high officials of the Catholic Church to protect molester priests.  NPR billed it as noteworthy because the conspiracy went unusually deep into the church hierarchy.

What struck me was that it sounded like reporting on errant priests is no longer newsworthy, and in fact when I first tuned in and heard, "Priests molesting children in Chicago...," my reaction was, "Not this shit again.  Aren't they tired of reporting the same old same old?  Oh wait, this is about a clearly defined conspiracy involving a shitload of church officials.  Well, I'll be damned.  Bout time."