Vatican Refuses to Extradite Child Molester

Started by stromboli, January 11, 2014, 04:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/310/0/v ... -sex-abuse

QuoteThe Vatican has refused to extradite a Polish archbishop who was accused of sex abuse while serving as papal nuncio in the Dominican Republic.
In a statement the Holy See said that Archbishop Jozef Wesolowski was a citizen of the Vatican, and that Vatican law did not allow for his extradition.
The District Prosecutor's Office in Warsaw had requested the clarification, Polish news agency thenews.pl reported today, adding that the Holy See was pursuing its own investigation against the Archbishop.
Archbishop Wesolowski was dismissed as papal nuncio in the Dominican Republic in August last year and was recalled to the Vatican, where is currently believed to be living. He and a Polish priest, Father Wojciech Gil, have been accused of sexually abusing young boys.
The Dominican Republic's Attorney General last year sent case files concerning Archbishop Wesolowski to Poland and files concerning Fr Gil to the Vatican.

Another reason why I have trouble buying into the "game changing" new Pope. In my opinion they would vastly improve the accountability of these bastards by complying with the law, rather than asserting their version of a higher law.

The Skeletal Atheist

Vatican law doesn't allow for extradition of pedophiles? I think NAMBLA has a new headquarters.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Thumpalumpacus

Wait, the Catholic Church is protecting kiddy-fiddlers?
<insert witty aphorism here>

stromboli

http://queeringthechurch.com/2009/09/09 ... y-bishops/

QuoteIt is widely guesstimated that gay men today represent something of the order of half of all priests. There is no reason to assume that this percentage differs dramatically in the senior ranks – indeed, there are those who claim that in the years of Paul VI and John Paul I, a gay orientation was a positive advantage in gaining papal preferment, leading to the creation of a "gay mafia" in the Vatican.  Be that as it may, whatever the proportions, it must be true that the absolute numbers of gay bishops and clergy must surely be significant.  We know of many examples from history, and there are well stories of their modern counterparts – emerging only after death, or in the aftermath of blackmail scandals.

But the numbers we know about represent only a tiny proportion of the total.  I have noted previously ("Traditional Family"  values, traditional "Family Values") that I believe it is time to start identifying and outing those senior clergy who connive in the official oppressive church teaching, yet freely give expression to their own gay sexuality:

Queer eye for the holy guy; the latest in Italian television.

leo

Quote from: "stromboli"http://queeringthechurch.com/2009/09/09/outing-the-church-gay-popes-gay-bishops/

QuoteIt is widely guesstimated that gay men today represent something of the order of half of all priests. There is no reason to assume that this percentage differs dramatically in the senior ranks – indeed, there are those who claim that in the years of Paul VI and John Paul I, a gay orientation was a positive advantage in gaining papal preferment, leading to the creation of a "gay mafia" in the Vatican.  Be that as it may, whatever the proportions, it must be true that the absolute numbers of gay bishops and clergy must surely be significant.  We know of many examples from history, and there are well stories of their modern counterparts – emerging only after death, or in the aftermath of blackmail scandals.

But the numbers we know about represent only a tiny proportion of the total.  I have noted previously ("Traditional Family"  values, traditional "Family Values") that I believe it is time to start identifying and outing those senior clergy who connive in the official oppressive church teaching, yet freely give expression to their own gay sexuality:

Queer eye for the holy guy; the latest in Italian television.
Yeah . The catholic church is a gay religión. Atleast 50% of priests and nuns are gay.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Jason78

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"Vatican law doesn't allow for extradition of pedophiles? I think NAMBLA has a new headquarters.

Why would the North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes relocate there?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

stromboli

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"Vatican law doesn't allow for extradition of pedophiles? I think NAMBLA has a new headquarters.

Why would the North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes relocate there?

My thoughts exactly.  :-k

Regens Küchl

Quote from: "stromboli"Another reason why I have trouble buying into the "game changing" new Pope. In my opinion they would vastly improve the accountability of these bastards by complying with the law, rather than asserting their version of a higher law.
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Wait, the Catholic Church is protecting kiddy-fiddlers?
http://www.awid.org/Library/Exposing-Pe ... in-Vatican
Exposing Pedophile Priests Is Now A Crime In Vatican
23/07/2013

Pope Francis brought the Vatican's legal system up to date by criminalizing information that is damaging to the Church. A closer look to the new laws revealed that the pope has made it illegal to report pedophile priests.

Illegal to report crimes
According to the new laws, revealing or receiving confidential Vatican information is now punishable by up to two years in prison, while newly defined sex crimes against children carry a sentence of up to twelve years. Because all sex crimes are kept confidential, there is no longer a legal way for Vatican officials to report sex crimes.
"We didn't mean for this to happen, obviously," lamented Vatican foreign minister Monsignor Dominique Mamberti. Mamberti said that the simultaneous passing of each law is merely a coincidence and insisted that the Church is not trying to protect itself against further embarrassment, but critics outside the Vatican are skeptical.
"They know exactly what they're doing," claims Fabrizio Perona of Italy's La Repubblica newspaper. "They just thought nobody would notice. The Church wants to impress the world by getting tough on sex crimes, but they criminalized leaks, which is the only way anybody would ever discover their crimes. It's genius, if you stop and think about it."
God will be the judge
As the Holy See moves to clarify the law, Mamberti has warned would-be offenders within Vatican walls that they "are still subject to the most watchful eye of all: the eye of God."

July 2013

:popcorn:
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/

EntirelyOfThisWorld

Quote from: "stromboli"http://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/310/0/vatican-refuses-to-extradite-polish-archbishop-accused-of-child-sex-abuse

QuoteThe Vatican has refused to extradite a Polish archbishop who was accused of sex abuse while serving as papal nuncio in the Dominican Republic.
In a statement the Holy See said that Archbishop Jozef Wesolowski was a citizen of the Vatican, and that Vatican law did not allow for his extradition.
The District Prosecutor's Office in Warsaw had requested the clarification, Polish news agency thenews.pl reported today, adding that the Holy See was pursuing its own investigation against the Archbishop.
Archbishop Wesolowski was dismissed as papal nuncio in the Dominican Republic in August last year and was recalled to the Vatican, where is currently believed to be living. He and a Polish priest, Father Wojciech Gil, have been accused of sexually abusing young boys.
The Dominican Republic's Attorney General last year sent case files concerning Archbishop Wesolowski to Poland and files concerning Fr Gil to the Vatican.

Another reason why I have trouble buying into the "game changing" new Pope. In my opinion they would vastly improve the accountability of these bastards by complying with the law, rather than asserting their version of a higher law.
It never ceases to amaze me how most people are so susceptible to bullshit.  GW Bush gave a rousing speach on 9/12/01 and 90% of the country fell in lock step after him. (I am proud to say I was one of the rational 10%)  Now Don Francisco talks all pretty about gay rights and all that yadda yadda blah blah, and it is refreshing to se someone else who is waiting for him to actually DO something.  I hope you're not holding your breath, cause I sure aint.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

Solitary

A Leopard doesn't change it's spots, and neither will the Church based on superstitious nonsense, even if it purrs.  :shock:  :shock:  :wink:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

the_antithesis

In their defense, they don't want to break the seal.

Hydra009

Quote from: "EntirelyOfThisWorld"It never ceases to amaze me how most people are so susceptible to bullshit.  GW Bush gave a rousing speach on 9/12/01 and 90% of the country fell in lock step after him. (I am proud to say I was one of the rational 10%)  Now Don Francisco talks all pretty about gay rights and all that yadda yadda blah blah, and it is refreshing to se someone else who is waiting for him to actually DO something.  I hope you're not holding your breath, cause I sure aint.
1) Where were you guys like 2-3 threads ago?  Previously, refusing to countenance this charm offensive by pointing out the bleeding obvious that the Vatican hasn't done anything to match its new image would get you flak for "hating" the Pope or Catholicism in general.  Because naturally, only a hateful person could point this stuff out.

(Stromboli deserves extra props for consistently bringing this uncomfortable truth up over and over again - that the deeds do not match the words.)

2) The Pope did not talk about gay rights.  His comment was in reference to gay priests, which apparently were widely misinterpreted as some sort of endorsement of gay rights.  They couldn't be more wrong.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Regens Küchl"
Quote from: "stromboli"Another reason why I have trouble buying into the "game changing" new Pope. In my opinion they would vastly improve the accountability of these bastards by complying with the law, rather than asserting their version of a higher law.
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Wait, the Catholic Church is protecting kiddy-fiddlers?
http://www.awid.org/Library/Exposing-Pe ... in-Vatican
Exposing Pedophile Priests Is Now A Crime In Vatican
23/07/2013

Pope Francis brought the Vatican's legal system up to date by criminalizing information that is damaging to the Church. A closer look to the new laws revealed that the pope has made it illegal to report pedophile priests.

Illegal to report crimes
According to the new laws, revealing or receiving confidential Vatican information is now punishable by up to two years in prison, while newly defined sex crimes against children carry a sentence of up to twelve years. Because all sex crimes are kept confidential, there is no longer a legal way for Vatican officials to report sex crimes.
"We didn't mean for this to happen, obviously," lamented Vatican foreign minister Monsignor Dominique Mamberti. Mamberti said that the simultaneous passing of each law is merely a coincidence and insisted that the Church is not trying to protect itself against further embarrassment, but critics outside the Vatican are skeptical.
"They know exactly what they're doing," claims Fabrizio Perona of Italy's La Repubblica newspaper. "They just thought nobody would notice. The Church wants to impress the world by getting tough on sex crimes, but they criminalized leaks, which is the only way anybody would ever discover their crimes. It's genius, if you stop and think about it."
God will be the judge
As the Holy See moves to clarify the law, Mamberti has warned would-be offenders within Vatican walls that they "are still subject to the most watchful eye of all: the eye of God."

July 2013

:popcorn:
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/

Just when you thought it was impossible for the Church to be more immoral, the delve the depths of immorality to surprise you.
<insert witty aphorism here>

leo

The catholic church is the religion of the sith.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .