"Maybe they'll respect us if..."

Started by Lateralus112, January 09, 2014, 11:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lateralus112

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Listening to Rush Limbaugh is a sure way to lose my respect, for what it's worth.
I don't get to control the radio when we're riding between job sites unless they send me on a solo job, which is rare. Trust me, I do not want to listen to him at all. I hope that I can keep your respect  :) . I don't understand why my co-workers listen to him either because they just get pissed off about everything all day when they listen. Before anyone suggests finding a new job, I am in the process. The last time I tried suggesting a different radio station, I was asked if I was a "Censorship Liberal."
Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21 "Thou shalt hate gay people" ~American Christianity

Solitary

QuoteCensorship Liberal?

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?  :-?  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Solitary"
QuoteCensorship Liberal?

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?  :-?  Solitary
Not necessarily.  For a party so big on free speech, the Democrats sure have a pretty mixed track record on supporting it.  It wasn't too long ago that some liberals were itching for cracking down on "offensive" music and violent video games.  And in the current era, have tried to stifle whistle-blowers.  And while not censorship per se, their eager support for draconian internet legislation is also a cause for concern.

But of course, hearing it from the likes of Rush Limbaugh, it's more like some right-wing blowhard gets criticized for being a bigot and he treats it like some sort of national tragedy.