News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fallen Fallujah

Started by Insult to Rocks, January 04, 2014, 05:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"You are right. Speculating about whether or not this would have happened if we invaded isn't what I was trying to accomplish though. I just don't understand how people can just shrug something like this off, or worse, use it as a political statement. "See, these people are suffering, which is why my opponent is an idiot!". How about helping them instead?
Helping them was what the 8 year long war was all about.  I don't think Americans are ready to start this thing all over again.  People are gun shy about adding more and more financial and human resources toward efforts at Mideast nation building.  The Mideast remains a tribal society with large factions unwilling to cooperate with each other or the rest of the world.  That seems to be the core problem that will remain unresolved well into the future.

Shiranu

I think the main problem is our "fix" is violence. If we were promoting higher educational standards and tolerance, I would be all for the United States doing what it could. I am just not a fan of, "We will fix your violence problem by dropping bombs on you".
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

The Skeletal Atheist

If everyone is dead, there's no one to be violent! It's genius!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!