The New Utah "Hunger Strike Against Gay Marriage" Diet

Started by stromboli, January 04, 2014, 12:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/0 ... 37434.html

QuoteIt seems like things may have reached a whole new level of crazy in Utah.

Trestin Meacham, a 35-year-old Utah man, is allegedly refusing to eat anything until the state nullifies its recent decision to allow same-sex couples to get married.

At the time the above video was released, Meacham had reportedly gone 12 days without food -- surviving only on water and an occasional vitamin -- and has lost 25 pounds.

"I cannot stand by and do nothing while this evil takes root in my home," the 35-year-old reportedly wrote on his blog. "Some things in life are worth sacrificing one's health and even life if necessary. I am but a man, and do not have the money and power to make any noticeable influence in our corrupt system. Nevertheless, I can do something that people in power cannot ignore."

Meacham claims he will fast until Utah decides to nullify the court's decision -- nullification being a theory that the states have authority in all matters, not the federal government. It is a theory that has reportedly been used previously in an attempt to prevent integration in the public school system in the 1950s.

Greg Skordas, an attorney interviewed by 4Utah, reportedly stated that nullification is not an appropriate theory in the case of same-sex marriage in Utah. "If people want to change that they have to go through the appropriate processes," he stated. "When individual personal liberties are at stake the state can't infringe on that, even if it's the will of the people."

This isn't the first time that extreme anti-gay demonstrations have taken place in protest of a state's decision to legalize same-sex marriage. In late November, Illinois Bishop Thomas John Paprocki held an exorcism at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception "in reparation" for the state's decision to extend marriage rights to same-sex couples.

I live here. I'm going door to door to all my Mormon neighbors and show what an amazing example Trestin Meacham is setting. By the time this hits SCOTUS, Meacham will be dead. If thousands join him, they will be dead too. This is a win-win, pure and simple.

Hijiri Byakuren

I'm not the type of person to wish death on someone for their beliefs. That being said, I will not shed a single tear for anyone who dies in a hunger strike against civil liberties. There are better, more deserving people to worry about.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Hydra009

I'm not glad about him apparently wanting to kill himself, but when it comes to denying people the ability to marry each other, I'm glad he went with the characteristically religious solution of obviously ineffective self-deprivation as opposed to something that might actually work.  A smarter person would've chosen a more effective strategy, but then again, a smarter person wouldn't have let himself become a reactionary bigot.  Btw, the tombstone should read, "He left the world a better place."  /spit

aileron

I'm going to stage a counter hunger strike, but only for a few hours between breakfast and lunch.  It should have about as much impact as his hunger strike.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Plu

Sounds like a win-win to me. If only all religious people would vent their frustrations with liberty and freedom by hurting only themselves.

stromboli

Here is a follow up I found on Reddit:

http://www.tylerriggs.com/images/2014-0 ... -56-55.png

:-D

I love this shit. the more the stupidity of Mormonism is exposed, the better. These pinheads don't even know they are being laughed at. The comments on Reddit are friggin hilarious as well.

I can't wait until he puts that Hot Daddy in his mouth.

the whole 6 inches

6 white inches.

Well lets be honest... 4 and a half... but the girth!

slim jim. The big one, but slim jim.

Oh, you blow hard!

That's Big Daddy's Hot Daddy, if you please!

that's awesome, and also kinda creepy that you found his address.

When I googled him one of the first things i found was that he ran for Utah Senate two years ago, so his home address and phone number and everything were in the campaign filings. :)

AllPurposeAtheist

I guess he missed that whole "love thy neighbor" thing so it just goes to prove teh gays make people forget how to read 'the good book'.  :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

The inability to grasp reality extends from the lowest member to the heights of the hierarchy. Right now the church is being run by the middle ranks of the leaders, because the eldest- Monson especially- are in between Alzheimer's and dementia. These guys are older than me, and show the problem with having a rigorous system of promotion and tenure.

I studied the shit out of Mormonism before I left it. There have been very few instances of senior men being taken out because of incompetent or stupid behavior; only 2 I can think of. President Monson is a no-show everywhere because he has Alzheimer's and is drooling in a bed somewhere.

They've got a PR staff that rivals any in existence, but you can only bury so much under the carpet. And they got some of the lumpiest carpets around. Not to mention "prophets, seers and revelators" that seldom do any of that, and don't get it right when they do.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "stromboli"I live here. I'm going door to door to all my Mormon neighbors and show what an amazing example Trestin Meacham is setting. By the time this hits SCOTUS, Meacham will be dead. If thousands join him, they will be dead too. This is a win-win, pure and simple.

Mordant humor for the win.   =D>
<insert witty aphorism here>

NeoLogic26

Quote from: "aileron"counter hunger strike
Sounds like a pretty fun game!
"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thumpalumpacus

Surgical hunger strike -- cut 'em open and take the food out.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Mermaid

Darwin in action.

Okay, don't get all technical on me, I know this level of stupid is not necessarily genetic.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

aitm

Quote from: "stromboli"If thousands join him, they will be dead too. This is a win-win, pure and simple.

oh Strom...if only.....if only
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust