I bet you thought politics in Washington was ugly

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, January 03, 2014, 07:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014 ... eport?lite

Mere childs play... NBC reports a source in China that says Kim Jung Un had his uncle eaten by hungry dogs..probably while alive.. YIKES! :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GrinningYMIR

Ranks up there with being put in an iron box and thrown into the desert and Burned at the stake in terms of pleasantness
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

AllPurposeAtheist

mediumaevum

Plu's response to my question why U.S. refuse to invade North Korea:

Quote from: "Plu"Also, they don't because there's nothing to gain there. Nobody would make money off of invading North Korea, so there's no reason.

(original source of comment: http://www.atheistforums.com/viewtopic. ... 67#p985167)

But this is not about money. This is about human rights. Human rights should weigh heavier than money.

If a capitalists screams up about lack of human rights in "communist" countries, they should invade them and install human rights.
Or else, the capitalists are just as bad when it comes to the lack of human rights, as are the supposed "communist" countries.

Jason78

Without any evidence and just the speculation of Wen Wei Po to go on, I don't think anyone can say for sure what eventually happened to Jang Song Thaek.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "mediumaevum"
Quote from: "Plu"Also, they don't because there's nothing to gain there. Nobody would make money off of invading North Korea, so there's no reason.

(original source of comment: http://www.atheistforums.com/viewtopic. ... 67#p985167)

But this is not about money. This is about human rights. Human rights should weigh heavier than money.

If a capitalists screams up about lack of human rights in "communist" countries, they should invade them and install human rights.
Or else, the capitalists are just as bad when it comes to the lack of human rights, as are the supposed "communist" countries.

Well...invasions are expensive and capitalists don't generally give a rats ass about human rights.

Jason78

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Unspeakable cruelty lurks in dictatorships..
Yeah, because I hear that Guantanamo Bay is like DisneyLand.

Plu

QuoteBut this is not about money. This is about human rights. Human rights should weigh heavier than money.

Only to people without money. People with a lot of money don't give a fuck about human rights. That's why they have a lot of money.

QuoteIf a capitalists screams up about lack of human rights in "communist" countries, they should invade them and install human rights.

Don't confuse capitalists and people living in a capitalist country. Real capitalists don't scream about human rights, because capitalism has nothing to do with human rights. Capitalism has to do with money. People who are capitalists might care about human rights from some other descriptor. The ones with money usually don't, they care about money.
Especially the ones that make money off of influencing politicians and producing weapons don't generally tend to care about human rights or they wouldn't have made it very far in their field of business.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Jason78"Without any evidence and just the speculation of Wen Wei Po to go on, I don't think anyone can say for sure what eventually happened to Jang Song Thaek.
Kim Jung un knows.. maybe Dennis Rodman visited to watch..who knows?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Jason78"
Yeah, because I hear that Guantanamo Bay is like DisneyLand.
It ain't NK.. There's really no comparison.  [-X

Jason78

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"It ain't NK.. There's really no comparison.  [-X

Yes there is.  The dead don't suffer.  And people are still being tortured at Guantanamo Bay.

Plu

People are also still being tortured in NK, in larger numbers. And probably in worse ways.

But Guantanamo Bay is still a good reminder that the US is becoming just as much of a shithole as NK is.

FrankDK

China's official television in the US reported that he was killed with 94 bullets, and then his body was incinerated with a flame thrower.

The story changes.

Frank

AllPurposeAtheist

So we send entire generations of families to spend their lives in prison labor camps? Hardly. There is no comparison, but I'll stay out of this idiotic apples vs Chuck Norris vs oranges argument.

Jason78

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"So we send entire generations of families to spend their lives in prison labor camps? Hardly. There is no comparison, but I'll stay out of this idiotic apples vs Chuck Norris vs oranges argument.

You said that

My point was that you don't have to look too far from home to see unspeakable cruelty.