News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

General protocols for life

Started by zarus tathra, December 31, 2013, 06:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

I have found a couple observations that seem to hold true.

People rarely want your opinion, they want you to agree with them.

When they ask for your opinion, make sure you warn them first. This will save a lot of hurt feelings if you simply warn them and keep your opinion to yourself.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Principles I live by:

I will not lie, cheat, nor steal, nor will I tolerate those who do.

Forgiveness is the key to the good life: when I've wronged someone, I will ask for forgiveness; when someone has wronged me, I will forgive them.

I will understand the limits of my power, and work to change what I can.
So when do you plan to do this. I haven't seen it yet.

Still sore at me?  That's okay.  I don't hold a grudge against you.

We disagree about things.  You resort to insult in disagreement, and when you did so with me you got back what you gave.  I don't hold a grudge against you, even though you clearly do against me. That's fine.  We can get along, but not if it means that I must either agree with you, or submit to insult; I'm a proud man and won't do that.

Don't like it?  Sorry about your bad luck.  I hope you come to a place where you can disagree with being so disagreeable.

Happy New Year.
<insert witty aphorism here>

mykcob4

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Principles I live by:

I will not lie, cheat, nor steal, nor will I tolerate those who do.

Forgiveness is the key to the good life: when I've wronged someone, I will ask for forgiveness; when someone has wronged me, I will forgive them.

I will understand the limits of my power, and work to change what I can.
So when do you plan to do this. I haven't seen it yet.

Still sore at me?  That's okay.  I don't hold a grudge against you.

We disagree about things.  You resort to insult in disagreement, and when you did so with me you got back what you gave.  I don't hold a grudge against you, even though you clearly do against me. That's fine.  We can get along, but not if it means that I must either agree with you, or submit to insult; I'm a proud man and won't do that.

Don't like it?  Sorry about your bad luck.  I hope you come to a place where you can disagree with being so disagreeable.

Happy New Year.
Sore? Nah I woudln't bother to afford you such importance. I was just pointing out your hypocracy. You know all about that since you believe that jasonharvester was doing that to me. As far as getting along, to do so I never require anyone to agree with me. As far as insults, anytime you want to stop will be fine.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

The Skeletal Atheist

Make sure you know where you wake up.

Examine exactly why you're offended by something before loudly proclaiming you're offended.

If you were a constant asshole before don't expect people to treat you nicely the instant you turn yourself around.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

zarus tathra

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Still sore at me?  That's okay.  I don't hold a grudge against you.

Happy New Year.
Sore? Nah I woudln't bother to afford you such importance. I was just pointing out your hypocracy. You know all about that since you believe that jasonharvester was doing that to me. As far as getting along, to do so I never require anyone to agree with me. As far as insults, anytime you want to stop will be fine.

what are you people even talking about
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

The Skeletal Atheist

Just some drama spilling over into other threads. Ignore it, it's pointless and stupid.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Plu

Here's some of mine:

1) Never be absolutely certain of anything. You are wrong about more than you think.

2) Always start by assuming it's your own fault before blaming others. It's easier to fix problems and maintain relationships with people that way.

3) Don't be afraid to let go. Life is change and nothing is forever, but everything you can let go of will be replaced with something new and usually better.

4) Stay positive and keep trying. Being negative isn't going to improve your chances at anything.

5) Surround yourself with those who are worth your time. And let go of those who aren't. Life's too short to waste on crappy friends.

6) Challenge yourself always and everywhere. Wanting your life to be easy is wanting your life to be mediocre and meaningless.

Hijiri Byakuren

Protocols for the Autistic Life:

1. Learn to quit giving a shit. People are always going to think you're weird no matter what you do, so don't give yourself the extra stress of trying to pass for being neurotypical.

2. You need your alone-time. Don't ever fool yourself into thinking you can be heavily outgoing and still function: you can't. If you don't get at least most of a weekend to yourself you will be chronically anxious, crabby, grumpy, and all-around unpleasant to yourself and others.

3. Try to find at least one autistic friend. Having someone you can properly socialize with and relate to is a big helper with the sanity.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hopist

Not sure if these count as protocols for life but anyway this is one from my girlfriend:
"Don't go to sleep with a headache or you will wake up with one."

I take painkillers whenever I get a headache so I wouldn't know if it is true.

Home Economics teacher from school:
"Don't drink a lot of sugary drink to quench your thirst, drink a lot of water and just take a mouthful of the sugary drink to finish, you only taste the last mouthful anyway."

I think this is a good weight loss tip if you like sugary drinks.
"Raarghhh!" - Chewbacca, The Empire Strikes Back

stromboli

Quote from: "Hydra009"A few at random:

Never trust a skinny cook. (don't trust what people say, trust what people do)

Never pet a burning dog.  (be heedful of danger, assess a situation before acting)

Do what you are, don't be what you do.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Dude, sorry, but I must intervene. I was a cook in the Navy. The best cooks I have known were skinny guys, not fat. The fat guys are too busy sampling the chow to create as chefs. Just saying.

stromboli

Duct tape (Gorilla tape is better) bungee cords and WD40. Seriously.

Hydra009

Quote from: "stromboli"Dude, sorry, but I must intervene. I was a cook in the Navy. The best cooks I have known were skinny guys, not fat. The fat guys are too busy sampling the chow to create as chefs. Just saying.
It's not literal.  It's like "never trust a bald barber".

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"Just some drama spilling over into other threads. Ignore it, it's pointless and stupid.

The guy follows me into a thread to talk shit.  Kinda creepy.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Plu

[moderator:2qfv5rzd]Mykcob (and others), please leave that discussion for the other thread. We don't need this spilling over.[/moderator:2qfv5rzd]